PL D FA Premier League

Burnley 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 February 2022

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Most of what you said is about our position and our results. And yes, I'm as disgusted as you about that. But I watch the games and I know what I see - we are a more organised, controlled team under Rangnick compared to Ole's vibes all-stars.

We've scabbed a lot of lucky wins over the last year or so, it's time to pay with a run of terrible luck. We've deserved to win both these games very easily.
Agreed.That's what I see too.

Think our fitness levels are shite, but nothing that can be worked on so late in the season I don't think.

Heinzesight

The standard of refereeing is so bad it wouldn’t it surprise me if the linesman disallowed the second goal for handball by Rashford. fecking disgrace to rule that goal out. And why was there no long drawn out VAR review or Dean sent to the screen. Wankers

always_hoping

1st half which included two United goals disallowed.

Shots on goal
Burnley 0
Man United 12

Shots on target 0
Man United 5
Burnley 0

2nd half

Shots on goal
Burnley 8
Man United 10

Shots on target
Burnley 3
Man United 0

Enough said.

Ranchero

My worry is we are the reverse of the Ole side of.last season. We fade away in the second half when sides do become more vulnerable. Last season that was when we were winning games. Ralf has us closing the ball down better. There is a higher line. But we are not fit enough to carry that thro to two halves of football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Shots on goal
Burnley 0
Man United 12

Shots on target 0
Man United 5
Burnley 0

2nd half

Shots on goal
Burnley 8
Man United 10

Shots on target
Burnley 3
Man United 0

Enough said.
The result was thievery, but not managing a shot on target all second half against that shite is criminal.

Castia

In most games we seem to have 1 good half and can’t carry it out for 90 minutes

Shite

Hammondo

Yeah good point. I think we bypass our midfield too much when we should be asking them to control play and wait for openings. We've got two pacey inside forwards who can run in behind but our desire to play it to the wing means they just end up crossing in a lot of wasteful balls.

Burnley sat deep and defended crosses because of course they will. That's their bread and butter. We looked out of ideas in the 2nd half.

Don't know what else to say really. Nothing has changed about our play since Ralf came in, which is a bit depressing, IMO.
Agreed. They looked so comfortable defending because we do just route one stuff. The amount of times we shoot straight into the defender in front of us, it's insane.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Shots on goal
Burnley 0
Man United 12

Shots on target 0
Man United 5
Burnley 0

2nd half

Shots on goal
Burnley 8
Man United 10

Shots on target
Burnley 3
Man United 0

Enough said.
Which makes you wonder why Ralf is so reluctant to change things when it's fairly obvious we're not great in the second half of games

Ludens the Red

Most of what you said is about our position and our results. And yes, I'm as disgusted as you about that. But I watch the games and I know what I see - we are a more organised, controlled team under Rangnick compared to Ole's vibes all-stars.

We've scabbed a lot of lucky wins over the last year or so, it's time to pay with a run of terrible luck. We've deserved to win both these games very easily.
That may be true but Ole set the bar so ridiculously low. This team still lacks quality and still doesn’t want to put a shift in. And I can’t look at tonight as a good performance. You cannot play half an hour against Burnley and basically do nothing for that period and that’s what we did in the second half.

KeanoMagicHat

The last two games have been incredibly annoying. Honestly could have won them 4 and 5 easily with better decisions and better finishing.

Much improved team performance is the only silver lining. And Sancho has upped a gear.

Banana Republic

Arsenal 3 points behind with 2 games in hand and a superior goal difference.
Spurs 3 points behind with 3 games in hand.
Wolves 5 points behind with 2 games in hand.

We cannot afford to draw or lose away to Southampton on Saturday and they’re a much better team than Burnley.

lex talionis

The intensity and desire wasn't the problem. The problem was that Pogba faded in the second half and Bruno was poor in the final third. We created a few half chances but no clear cut chances. And if our chances aren't clear cut, we're not scoring.

RedChisel

Sick of this shit. People will say we should be beating Burnley anyway but when we struggle to score and when we do they get chalked off.

Teams can then score against us with handballs in the build up, it's just laughable.

Yes we are shit but when you've got the officials against you aswell what's the fecking point.

AndyMUFC

As soon as teams step up the intensity we can't handle it. Yeah we played well first half but they didn't exactly give us much to think about.

Don't think anyone is surprised by these results at this point though.

buchansleftleg

We need to arrange an "extraordinary rendition" of Maguire to a Greek island and hope some local cops put him in the slammer so we can cancel his contract as well as a few others at the end of the season.

Ranchero

The last two games have been incredibly annoying. Honestly could have won them 4 and 5 easily with better decisions and better finishing.

Much improved team performance is the only silver lining. And Sancho has upped a gear.
And Dalot has shown we were wrong to think Wan Bissaka was an option.

Hammondo

The intensity and desire wasn't the problem. The problem was that Pogba faded in the second half and Bruno was poor in the final third. We created a few half chances but no clear cut chances. And if our chances aren't clear cut, we're not scoring.
Pogba always fades when the opposition pressure him.

Kevzter

Knew we'd draw (or loose) after the first half... so predictable.

Lets just get Ole out and all will be well.... Oh wait...

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I'm still trying to understand why the third goal, the own goal, was ruled out. The linesman only reacts because it goes in. He doesn't raise the flag when it happens.

They postpone flag raises for offsides only. Major cock up.

Hammondo

We cannot afford to draw or lose away to Southampton on Saturday and they’re a much better team than Burnley.
Don't forget west ham.

Maniron

Crouch should put some jam on his shoes and invite his trousers down to tea

Fitchett

Robbed again by corrupt officials. That's a 3-1 win and a 1-0 win turned into draws by the same VAR, Stuart Attwell, and the match referee. Yes, we need to play much better and Maguire needs replacing, but other teams shouldn't have to rely on bent officials to stop us from winning.

Ranchero

I know. Im not convinced overall we are better now than under Ole. Folk like Craig Burley cant blame Ole now for these results.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Under Ole, we were losing games by 4 or 5 goals.
Under RR, we have tightened up at the back.
We have improved under RR, but not enough.

UTD_Since_1978

I thought things were supposed to get better once Ole left or should we be thankful that Burnley didn't beat us 4-1 like Watford under Ole?

How many players do we need to sign in the summer to enable us to not draw or lose against teams in the bottom 3?

RedAlways78

Wreck it Ralph. Poor result, should be doing better. There you go spurs take 4th.

ExoduS

Well at this point it is clear that our problems were much bigger than Ole, unless we conclude that Rangnick is also a terrible coach/manager. Not sure at this point what can be done. We are just as bad as we were before Ole left. Only small glimpse of hope was under Carrick. Everything else is total disaster.

Clearly players are the problem, but we can't replace entire team that easily. Mediocrity is a bitch and we were mediocre ever since Fergie left.

sirAlexsglasses

Our top 4 chances are as good as gone. We will finish 5th or 6th, at best. Truly pathetic. And it is not just Ole's fault. Rangnick's horrible selection and match management + refusal to buy players in January lost us enough matches to make the difference.
seriously? RR hadn't Refused to buy players, he wanted a midfielder at the very least. The club have said they are not buying anything as there will be a new manager. This isn’t on RR this is 100% on these lazy cowardly overpaid players.

Banana Republic

Cavani was great for us last season, with his limited, but very effect appearances. His contributions were important back then, but he looks well off the pace now.
Sadly, it doesn’t look like he can do much more than be a placeholder until he leaves at the end of the season.

Ronaldo….we’ll we can see it’s just not working for him anymore.
We are really struggling in that CF department and there’s nobody else in reserve who can do the job.
Unless we can be more clinical when the chances are coming, I can’t see us doing enough to get a top 4 spot.

RedDevil-85

Its just not good enough.
Okey 1st half but a disaster 2nd half.
40min to score a 2nd goal but barely creating anything.

Ralph has had such an easy fixture list with so many winnable games but he cant seem to do it.We dont score enough goals under him,been a problem since he got here.His substitution game is late and mostly awful as well.

Hopefully he can improve the team before March,when we play City A, Spurs H, Atletico Madrid H and Liverpool Away , but if he cant beat these bottom of the barrel teams like Newcastle,Boro,Burnely, i have my doubts.

peridigm

Stop analyzing our position based on who will overtake us if they win their games in hand. Your mental health depends on it. The sooner you and many other accept the fact we're not finishing 4th, the more your life will be at peace.
The season is over. Can't wait to see what manager the board appoint in the summer. All I can say now is that I hope it's not Ralf.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 52% of 216 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 223 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw