PL D FA Premier League

Chelsea 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 October 2018

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That Martial sub, while Lukaku stayed on, was one of the dumbest thing I've seen in football.

But it was an entertaining game. Feck whose saying the players have been unprofessional. You might as well stop watching football.

JohnnyKills

Taking Martial off was a really weird moment. When Martial came off they kind of hugged and Martial smiled, so maybe he wasn't that bothered, but he did look confused and surprised when his number came up
I get the thinking 100% but it's another example of terrible man-management.

I guess you've got to decide what's more important: the immediate match or the long-term support of the players. It looks like a bad call now because we conceded but had we won it would have been hailed as a great decision.

R'hllor

Lukaku finished game, Matic finished game... vs those who got subbed, dunno why he keeps doing this shit, it triggered my memory of 2:2 vs Leicester 10vs11.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Matic was good in the second half. Won many balls in midfield during the last 30 minutes. Lukaku wasn't too bad himself
Agreed.
Some people continually rubbish Matic and Lukaku but in the second half both fought quite hard to win the ball and retain possesion.

Just listened to Jose Sky interview. Quite rightly he did not comment about the incident but was full of praise for the team.

All too easy to complain about the subs but at the time it looked the right thing to do.

Good away point let's remember that.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They didnt create a chance till the last second. It didnt even make a huge difference. This is just football.
It did make a difference, they scored. I understand it's just football, but the 3 points would have been huge

Hercules

He took Martial off because we have Juventus on Tuesday and its not like he put a player from youth team as his replacement.

Gutted with the last goal but performance has given me hope. I have read posts asking to play good football regardless of the scoreline, wonder if those people are happy or sad today.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So fecking gutted. Alexis fecking Sanchez and Lukaku can get the feck out. Use the money to get proper attackers.

Feck me I thought that diego costa goal was hard luck in 2015-16

The Real Treble 99

My MOTM Martial both fantastic finishes. Hugely disappointing at the end to conceade but TBH their goal was coming & a fair score line in the end. Lukaku absolute garbage of a player what a waste of space! We played very well toe to toe thought at times our defence looked very shaky. But you know what this a good result for us even though it’s 1 point & we fluffed it. I still think we had chances to put the game to bed but the lack of quality in our passing let us down otherwise it would have been curtains for them. All in all not bad it will do well for players confidence & hopefully we can build on this.

Ibrahimorich

In the end, pretty gutted with the draw but that shows how far we've come since 2 games ago.

This was much more like a Manchester United performance. I think we deserved to win but it's still a good result despite the disappointing ending

FrantikChicken

We were a second away from an away win against a team everyone is saying is "so much better" than us, and yet some people are still moaning. Unbelievable stuff. This place is becoming unbearable no matter what is actually happening on the pitch.

Even under Sir Alex this away performance would've been acceptable. The important part is that the players and manager are fighting and working together. Let's hope they can keep improving and eliminating weak performances against the lesser teams.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He had some good games... also some games where he looked terrible but he atleast has shown some good moment. Lindelof his best moments were when he wasnt looking terrible.
Baily had a good first 3 months. Since then, he's been injured/average/terrible.
Baily is living off of past reputation (of only 3 months).

Crashoutcassius

Because they have more money and a limitless budget.

How about you compare to Klopp/Sarri/Poch/Emery etc?
not sure emery and sarri make such sense given they just started. poch isn't given any money but not exactly in the same ballpark as united are they. and klopp has bought well so far but if he said he needed a new cm in the summer and the board said you signed ox for 40m you can't have another i doubt the fans would be happy

LJJT

Absolutely gutted with the score line. But we where brilliant in 2nd half we are going to be some team soon I think it’s coming together now. Keep Sanchez out the team.

gr3yham3

We need to build on this performance though - hope Jose sticks to this lineup or something similar for all our other games, even the Juventus game that is coming up.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It did make a difference, they scored. I understand it's just football, but the 3 points would have been huge
Oh yeah, of course. But I cant see too many faults in us for conceding. Maybe could have defended better but it is what it is.

Fracture90

Pretty poor first half, our attacking players shackled by our overly defensive tactics, but much, much better 2nd half again proving we do have great players that can play football.

Unfortunate to concede in the last minutes, but again highlights that whenever we're sitting back and soaking the pressure, we concede.

Mourinho needs to let these players play from minute 1 and not just when we're down.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I’m not in the ball game of telling fibs on the internet.

If you think he should have won that header (given the run Luiz had and the flight of the ball) then there is a wonderful game called tiddlywinks that you can take up instead.

There’s probably a forum they have in which you can tell lies on, too.
I can’t even be arsed. Just go away.

OldSchoolManc

Superb from Jose in post match interview. Interviewer tried to rile him into saying something bad about the Chelsea assistant, but he didn’t rise and said he accepted the apologies afterwards. Case closed.
That was classy.

Andersons Dietician

The Sky reporter is being a bit of a cnut, totally trying to create a story and fishing for something. That “so you were more annoyed with the fans than the coach?” How he jumped to that conclusion god knows. Jose handled it well.

Wonder how we’ll get on against Juventus now. A draw is still a great result for us just ashame we almost walked away with all 3 points.

DavidDeSchmikes

The Sky reporter is being a bit of a cnut, totally trying to create a story and fishing for something. That “so you were more annoyed with the fans than the coach?” How he jumped to that conclusion god knows. Jose handled it well.

Wonder how we’ll get on against Juventus now. A draw is still a great result for us just ashame we almost walked away with all 3 points.
was it Geoff Shreeves?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If we could improve our defending, even by a bit and have a main striker who can score goals, a lot of our loses would be wins.
Jose is hoping that Lukaku plays himself into form.
And he is hoping that our defence eventually clicks.

Not sure what will happen.

GolazosRule

A brilliant draw? Irony all over the end of this one. Why did it hurt so bad, yet I can still smile and I have a joke or two to tell. Thanks for the effort for sure... see ya next time Chelsea!

Moriarty

We were a second away from an away win against a team everyone is saying is "so much better" than us, and yet some people are still moaning. Unbelievable stuff. This place is becoming unbearable no matter what is actually happening on the pitch.

Even under Sir Alex this away performance would've been acceptable. The important part is that the players and manager are fighting and working together. Let's hope they can keep improving and eliminating weak performances against the lesser teams.
That's the key. 2-2 at Stamford Bridge is a fine result (even though the manner in which we conceded at the death was questionable). It's the losses at places like Brighton and West Ham that are infuriating.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I guess you've got to decide what's more important: the immediate match or the long-term support of the players. It looks like a bad call now because we conceded but had we won it would have been hailed as a great decision.
Not really, it would still have been a bad and needless decision. There is no upside in taking Martial off and keeping Lukaku

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was being challenged in the air by 2 men though. Not sure what Young was doing standing 3 yards away and ball watching.
Same old story and excuses for Smalling. Yes he had very good game and yes, he is our best defender. But he let us down in crucial moment. He should clear that ball. Period. In crucial moment in game, in last seconds of game, leader defender must be on the ball in his penalty box. He was not.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I presume you mean who came off? The subs on were right, but as you say Lukaku is awful, along with Matic. I don't think they have the energy levels we need.
I just think we clearly had the advantage there we should have been going for the 3rd goal Kill them off. When we let the other team have the ball it's a disaster for us so why sub our two best attacking players up to that point? Jose as usual protecting a slender lead when this team clearly isn't capable. It was a big mistake in my opinion and two big points lost.

ash_86

Exactly, it all looks easy on hindsight. Martial played like what 75 + min? The sub was to introduce some fresh legs. Chelsea were going to throw the kitchen sink last 10 mins. Anyother day the ball would've gone straight to DDG, today it took a rebound to a Chelsea player.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Chelsea 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Chelsea 3:0 Man Utd