PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:0 Everton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 September 2017

Red4Life_#7

Schneiderlin was awful yesterday. On that basis he would struggle to get in the team over our current midfielders, so it was a good move for both parties.

Crimson King

I think after we took the early lead we were right to let off a bit and let them come at us as this would allow more space on the counter, especially when they didn't change their own system after going a goal down. We used to do this all the time under SAF when a team came to park the bus at OT. They were so deep and it was so congested around their penalty area when we tried to play with patient build up that it was always going to take another bit of magic to score.

The problem was that our counter-attacking play was way off until the last quarter of the game. Rashford had a really poor game, Mkhi was blowing hot and cold and Mata worked hard but to little effect, and without Pogba we had no one to hit a quick pass forward or charge with the ball from deep. Fellaini's grown on me but it really wasn't the kind of game that suits him. He didn't do much wrong, but offered very little offensively.

I think bringing on Herrera, Lingard, and eventually Martial really changed this. Lingard was lively and Herrera helped us move the ball around a lot quicker I think.

We don't press as high and relentlessly like City, but we'll have to be more clinical on the counter if we want to win the league. At least we're a lot better equipped to do it this season with Lukaku up front.

Don't think there was really anything wrong with the tactics, it was just a case of the team not playing to its full potential.

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
4-0 after 35 minutes was what the score should have been, in the end we got there, but not entirely sure if anyone knows how we did it?
A head scratcher fella wasn't it and one of those that should have been done after 20 minutes, let alone half time; but all's well'ish, that ends well

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
read this somewhere today;

Chicharito came back to Old Trafford = 4-0

Rooney & Schneiderlin came back to Old Trafford = 4-0

Welbeck......pending...

Bestietom

I did not think it was a great performance same as most people around us. But winning without playing well is a sign of the old times under SAF.
There was some great saves by De Gea to keep us a goal up and when we scored the second the game was all but over.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Nice to see Fergie was able to spend some time with one of his sons at the game today

As someone said during the matchday thread, it was as if Mick Hucknell was wearing a Mick Hucknell mask.
And to think, in his heyday, this guy was seen as a ladies man. Some very attractive women were all over him.

NotQuiteManc

I am just glad that we have finally a manager that is tactically flexible (if not the best) when it comes to managing a match. At least he usually has a Plan B, sometimes C, unlike that club with the most passionate manager, la! I am glad as well that we have someone else to come in and change the outcome of the match if the first 11 wasnt up to it that day e.g. Rashford, Martial.

Rusholme Ruffian

I am just glad that we have finally a manager that is tactically flexible (if not the best) when it comes to managing a match. At least he usually has a Plan B, sometimes C, unlike that club with the most passionate manager, la! I am glad as well that we have someone else to come in and change the outcome of the match if the first 11 wasnt up to it that day e.g. Rashford, Martial.
Gotta say that I was pretty jealous when Klopp went to Liverpool, but he's increasingly looking like a manager who has been figured out now.

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
Hello @TimScoreboard . how are you, I was thomas 21 on other forum ( Fanzone), nice to see your posting here also.
Hello fella... yea, when they closed the fanzone down, I started posting on here. I joined a while ago, but couldn't be arsed to go through the new poster stuff at the time; in fairness... it didn't take long to get sorted once I got posting.

Bestietom

Hello fella... yea, when they closed the fanzone down, I started posting on here. I joined a while ago, but couldn't be arsed to go through the new poster stuff at the time; in fairness... it didn't take long to get sorted once I got posting.
Nice to see and hear from you on this forum @TimScoreboard . We will talk again.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 676 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Everton
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Everton