PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

Orange Tree

Can we finally stop playing players who won't be here anymore next season? Season has ended, time to prepare for next season.

Not voting any man of the match today. Embarrassing.

Delano

I honestly just think its pointless getting annoyed by it when very little will change this season.

Anyone who watched the Leicester game could see we are on the beach. Everton are fighting for their lives, we're not.

Champions League qualification is a massive whatever as well, we've stunk the competition out for a decade and finishing outside of Europe will give us an even cleaner slate.

The seasons over, plan for next season. Drop players who won't be here and move on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Utterly pointless football team. No cohesion, no organization, no exciting, no intensity. Just a complete waste of space.

I'm honestly unsure as to what impact the new manager will have. We look like such a nothing team and I can't quite understand why Rangnick has had such a poor impact on this team.

edgecutter

Let's look at the positives. If we were playing well and winning some of these bad eggs would still end up staying. These performances are showing everyone that most of this lot need to be sold or removed in any way possible.

DavelinaJolie

I'm amazed for far Bruno has fallen since that first season. Telles seems utterly pointless. Thank whoever Pogba is leaving. I'm now open to the idea Rashford should be sold (if anyone would buy him). Sadly no one is going to buy AWB. Sancho seems to have gone back into his shell. Matic should have been replaced last summer...

There really is nothing to hang a hat on at the moment. Just diabolical.

always_hoping

I said it after last week that any team needing a win against this group of flaky United players in the remaining games will win.

Worse part of the result against relegation fodder was they didn't have to play well and created next to nothing and still won. The body language by these United players woeful again and zero reaction or fight 2nd half to turn it around. They may as well give walk overs to the 7 teams they play that actually playing the matches.

Side note how annoying was the BT commentary? massive game for United my arse and Martin Keown talking utter nonsense throughout.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
They have thrown away every oportunity they have had this season. Is there a worse team spirit in the league? I hope there are protests at Old Trafford. Shameless.

steffyr2

There was a point in the second half where Everton gave the ball away about 10 yards outside their goal. Great chance right? Whoever received the goal didn't pass forward, didn't do anything quickly, didn't do anything but pass the ball back and allowed Everton to get back into defensive shape.
For whatever reason Utd just have one play -- sloooooowly passing the ball around until they a) get a low percentage shot at goal, b) give the ball away, or c) they run out of time because the game ends. Nothing quick.

united for life

Has anything really changed since sacking Ole? What do we play? What is our style of play? Players defeated before the game starts.

We actually might miss out on European football.

LisburnWhite

As bad as this was today it wasn't unexpected and even predictable. Might turn out to be a blessing in the long term if it means it gives ETH a free hand to gut the team.

Heinzesight

They are the worst team I think we’ve played all year, they were atrociously bad and yet we’ve come out second best. Sums up this squad really.
Spot on. It’ll be all about Everton really putting in a fantastic performance, Frank rallying the troops. But in reality, they were piss poor. We just managed to out-do them in the piss poor stakes.

ElBarto

Bruno atrocious, typical petulance and giving away the ball. He looks a bit malnutritioned like the physique of an ultra marathon runner, incredibly weak on the ball, brushed off far too easily.
AWB is a tackler not a footballer.
Sancho dithered in possession.

Pjisared

We are clueless, can't hold onto the ball, passing appalling, heartless. Rudderless. That was a poor Everton team and there for the taking. We are just shit.....Manager and his back team turds just need to go, quick, the sooner the better.

Barthez

I assume we have taken Pogbas new contract offer off the table now? - If we haven’t then heads need to roll…

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Disaster of a performance, everyone shit today, especially all attacking players. Our players have given up, they don't care anymore. Finish the season with the kids and let us avoid Europe or Conference league, so Ten Hag can focus on the domestic competitions next year.
I also don't know what's the point in playing Pogba or Mata instead of giving Hannibal some time on the pitch, those are gone either way and we aren't getting any money of them, so pointless to keep their value high or something.

Gatecrasher27

I'm sick of these players getting support, they don't deserve any, De Gea aside.

They should be jeered at every home game until they put in a performance worthy of support. The fans on match days are deluded for not showing the disgust almost every fan feels.

AWB, Pogba, Maguire, Sancho - not one of them is worth a 5th of what was paid for them and their wages - well you might as well chuck about £1m on the pitch and burn it before each game- because that's what we are doing paying them.

Bugger that balance sheets, sell what we can sell and free transfer the rest. Not being gold enough is one thing, not bothering or trying week in week out is a travesty. I've not in my entire 40 years on this planet seen a team collectively this disinterested.

What is the scouting tick list for players?

Are we paying ten times what this players actual value is - tick

Are you happy to accept massive wages and do nothing for them - tick

Are you able to do " we go again " tweets - tick

Welcome to Fraudchester United

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So many players need to be sold, Ten Haag needs his own players that have not been involved in the previous failed regimes.

It is ridiculous that the club needs another rebuild but that's the way it is unfortunately.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s clearly on the manager. Rangnick is fecking useless. Checked out ages ago.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Credit to Solskjaer, we let him assemble the most useless, feckless, half wits the club has ever seen. One of the worst squad building jobs in football. We may as well hire him back next season and let him finish us of, if Rangnick hasn't already by that point.

Yakuza_devils

Let the first team players go for more holidays in Dubai or Portugal.

Play the reserve. They deserve to be given a chance. We got nothing to play for.

joedirt87

When will it be mathematically impossible to get top 4, maybe Rangnick will play some kids then and give us at least 1 reason to watch this team play.

Jacko21

Entirely predictable.

Any other team in the league would’ve given Everton a better game today.

It’s staggering the depths we’re plummeting to.

Ceteris

Clueless caretaker, gutless players who don't give a feck

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ten Hag or bust for this club

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win