PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 February 2019

Devil may care

We looked really tired as the game went on after a bright start, no standout performances really so I gave De Gea MOTM, lovely goal but we didn't create enough after that and it brings more spotlight on reliant we are on Pogba to craft an opening for us, he needs some help in that department.

Ban

I think we have to even if we are racking up wins.. we look like we are on our last legs and the results aren’t quite mirroring the performances which is never a good thing (we should learn this lesson from previous regimes).
Thats why Ole rotates although our backup is quite poor.

FujiVice

9 wins out of 10 is unreal. Not at our best, it'll do. We need to keep winning games.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People saying this was an awful performance seem to think we've played Cardiff away again. LCFC are no pushovers, especially against the big teams.

What I felt we lacked is that final decisive ball but our defense looked a lot more assured with Bailly (Leicester are tough to defend against, just ask Pool).

Sanchez was still nowhere good enough and Lukaku was not much better when he came on. They need to be sold and Young needs to go, together with Darmian and Valencia in the summer.

I don't know what's up with Fred but he seems to have gone down the Bebe route.

AngliaRed

Good 3 points, I feared the worst when Lukaku came on, especially when young bollocked him late on. He looked knackered again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pretty poor performance today but the result is what matters.
It's good we're back to a place where we're all moaning a win wasn't stylish enough :lol:
Shows things are going the right way

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Started off the game brilliantly, they fought back after the goal and we found it hard. Still looked a threat on the break but too many wrong decisions or sloppy passes/touches all over the pitch. Grinding out the result in the end and holding on is huge.

Our defence did really well IMO. They only had a couple of actual openings, all a result of deflections falling to their players which you can't really account for. The rest was all shots from range or some dangerous positions but we kept them out well. Bailly and Lindelof were both very good, Shaw MOTM for me, De Gea being De Gea.

Hopefully a better performance next week but getting the win in a very tough place to play is big.

hobbers

Young was dreadful today, not sure how some people think anything different.

The amount of times Bailly and Herrera bailed him out. Also the sheer number of shit doomed passes he played into Pogba Herrera and Lingard... just atrocious decision making on the ball all game.

He also had shades of Valencia going forward, in that he never went forward. Looked totally surprised when someone pointed for him to run into that space or played him a ball to run on to.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Martial started alongside Rashford, We would have scored more goals.

No idea how Sanchez can be this out of sync on the left hand side. Often times He overlapped with Pogba and Shaw, didn't try to beat Leicester's fullback either. He's a stranger in this team, maybe put him on the right and let him play with Young? that'd be better but today We needed Lingard to track back.

Three points, I'm happy. Also We were rather solid at the back, the players worked really hard when defending. Onto the next one.

Tiber

We have some players like Young who simply aren't good enough for the Premier League nevermind United. And others like Lingard were dreadful today...but that's a decent 3 points against a feisty Leicester team who rallied after looking ready to collapse in the early stages

Cpt Negative

Difficult team to play though let’s not forget that. Beat City, Chelsea and drew with Liverpool this season.

That’s a great win even if we played shite

Esquire

He's wank. Herrera is miles better, Matic is more experienced and less likely to do something stupid. Wasting 50m on him while leaving our RW and CBs in the state they are is proof that the board were right not to back Jose.
Think there is a player in there somewhere with his tenacity, mobility and passing. Seems like he just can’t get used to the speed of the game here which is a shame. Hopefully he will get up to speed next year because he is not likely to get significant game time rest of this year.

kidbob

Leicester are a top 8 team on paper and should have beaten pool at anfield. It's a great away result. Still unbeaten under Ole. A great great achievement.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
2nd gear performance at best. Looked like players saving themselves for upcoming fixtures.

Happy with the win.

Muhammad Fauzi

Leicester away is a tough game. They’ve proved that this season. To say we were shite is ridiculous. You can’t win every game by a canter.

They taken points off of City, Chelsea and Liverpool recently. Have some perspective.

Saying that, a few individuals were sub par that’s for sure. I don’t see a future here for Sanchez. Lukaku needs to up his workrate, he was only on for a few minutes and refuses to chase balls down.
This! I don’t care how we win at least we did! Woohoo!

Devil77

Sloppy second half. The Lukaku sub did not work out (as per usual), he looked as lazy as ever. Also Sanchez didn’t impress at all. Great result, but we cannot rely on De Gea all the time.

Gasolin

Lukaku, what's wrong with him? Young had the ball and was asking for solutions and Lukaku refused to make a run on the right to open up the channel, come on, he was just a sub!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Herrera is so important. Compare his performance today to Andreas on tuesday. He is miles better.

He is always disrupting the opposition attacks and getting a foot in.

Djemba-Djemba

Completely agree. He was bad but objectively so many of the team were bad and some were definitely worse. He just gets unfairly viewed through tinted glasses now.

Not defending his performance though, he was very poor himself.
Yeah he was definitely poor, I'm not arguing he wasn't.

But at least he was getting on the ball and trying to do something. Lingard did nothing all game.

hobbers

Just like to say again Herrera needs a new contract, right fecking now.

I dont care if he isnt a top quality centre mid, the poor guy has to play RB RCM and CDM by himself at times, when Young and Matic have stinkers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Started off the game brilliantly, they fought back after the goal and we found it hard. Still looked a threat on the break but too many wrong decisions or sloppy passes/touches all over the pitch. Grinding out the result in the end and holding on is huge.

Our defence did really well IMO. They only had a couple of actual openings, all a result of deflections falling to their players which you can't really account for. The rest was all shots from range or some dangerous positions but we kept them out well. Bailly and Lindelof were both very good, Shaw MOTM for me, De Gea being De Gea.

Hopefully a better performance next week but getting the win in a very tough place to play is big.
I agree with this, I think we didn't do enough in attack. It wasn't like Leicester were playing for a draw, we could have done more in attack. Martial should be an automatic starter on the left because Sanchez cannot cut the mustard. We really need Fred to come into form because he seems like a player who can provide some creativity from midfield, Pogba is great but he can't carry the burden alone

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We've looked tired the last two games. Not sure why. Maybe a lack of rotation.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
We were out on our feet for most of the second half. Completely out of gas. I wonder if Ole's pressing game is draining our energy.
To be fair to Ole, Mourinho trained then to jog a 1,500m, Ole now wants them to sprint a marathon. It's impossible to significantly improve fitness during the season.

There are also very few options, the front 6 can't really be rested, particularly given the points situation with Chelsea and Arsenal.

CallyRed

They beat City at home, and Liverpool scraped a 2-1 win against them too.

You just know we wouldn't have won this game 3 months ago.

Happy with the win at a difficult place.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not great. Probably the worse football we've seen under Ole, but the most important thing is that we got the three points, against a decent Liecester side.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not the best performance under Ole but good enough to get the points, which can't be a bad thing given that Leicester just denied the dippers 3 points midweek.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am going to defend young. Defensively i thought he was solid. Got tired towards the end though. He intercepted so many of the oppositions attacks.

The whole team looked exhausted today. The passes were sloppy in general.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Leicester quite often raise their game against the Top 6 sides, so to get out of there with three points is something. Just be happy.
This. I was so anxious about this fixture that I'm so pleased we got through it. They can go and make some other team miserable. Thank goodness we don't have to see them for the rest of the season.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 470 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Leicester 1:3 Man Utd