PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

Flexdegea

Same. Cant imagine whats going through his head after this, he definetly won't be able to sleep for at least a day or two...Feel sorry for him as well, the pressure being a Man United manager is immense.

Immense pressure.....he's aged loads too.

All his good work getting forgot about because we so bad at the moment.

Be surprised if he stays, looks shellshocked there

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
One ex club legend manager wins three UCL and everyone jumps onto the bandwagon thinking their previous players will bring them success.

Football and football clubs, are dumb AF tbh. Newcastle's project recent should look at Shola Ameobi for success, perhaps Asprilla?

It's ludicrous.

We are a shambles and a joke of a club. I think we are going to do a Liverpool, i.e. thirty of so years without a league. Worried about this when SAF left, that we would tank and do a Liverpool. Now here we are....

I don't think there is a way back.

Infra-red

As others have said, it's our worst performance in the Premier League era. It does not and cannot get any worse than that. Not much else to say, really.

I miss the days when our players gave a shit, fighting in the tunnel, fighting each other, angry to win, furious to lose. Fighting for the common goal. It just doesn't matter to them.

Houdini

The second half was decent considering the circumstances. That is promising. We can build on that, fight back and win the title! It is in our DNA.

Hughie77

I'm watching MUTV . And there all but saying Ollys gone, all saying let's see what the manager says. I'm waiting for the news he's gone.

Kopral Jono

Ole looked close to tears walking off.

He looked like a man who knew he was leaving Old Trafford for the last time.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. As a human being I feel for him, but at the end of the day he needs to get in the fecking bin.

Gazautd18

If only we put our chances away. Could of won 6-5
Oh well.
Onto the next.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Defending as a team, especially in a game like this, should be a given.

It isn't even about coaching, is about putting yourself out there, helping your teammates whatever it takes.
If these players can't be motivated to do that, then I see nothing in front of us except lingering mediocrity.

Glazers out

Ixion

Liverpool weren't even that good, they were in 2nd gear and got through us like a training ground game.

Red Star One

I’m sure Ole this time learns from this and we bounce back stronger. Top 4 is still not out of the reach, so let’s get behind our manager and hope for more luck next time. It was a game of fine margins and as Ole suggested, tactics are not as important as just wanting to win, so lets hope our lads play the same just with more passion next time.

Von Mistelroum

Ole is incredibly bloody lucky! Klopp is the kind of manager who will coach his team not to humiliate too badly so they messed around after 0-5 quite clearly just playing the game out. That we’ll have saved Ole his job because honestly it could have been 8 or more and the owners would have been really under pressure with a score line like that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Can someone ask me wtf and who the feck is Kieran McKenna? Because he looks like he should be manning a Greggs counter, not coaching one of the biggest football clubs on the planet

Witchking

Any post match comments from the manager who will be getting his contact extension after such a fabulous performance?

koop

Completely expected. I predicted 6-0, wasnt far off.
We have been losing/drawing or pulling out fluke wins against poor teams MISSING key players.
Once we came up against a good team we were going to get exposed horribly.

Ole looked close to tears walking off.

He looked like a man who knew he was leaving Old Trafford for the last time.
People can say what they want about him as a Manager - but he loves this club and even if it's not enough he gives everything he's got, that's all you can ask of someone. The majority of our players clearly do not love the club and do not give everything they've got.

mancan92

It really is, eh? I know he's made some good contributions to getting UTD back into some sort of shape, but it was obvious by last year (at the latest) that he just doesn't have a half of what it takes.

If he really is a legend, now's the time to resign. I'd think a lot more of him if he admitted he does not have a clue how to go about getting these excellent players to play and win.
We weren't applauding Ole. I was right above the tunnel. It was basically a singing batter vs the Liverpool fans. Ole tried to clap the fans but people weren't responding to him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Mutual consent would be best.

Aside from changing the centre mids each game I'm not sure Ole has a clue what to do here.

At least if a new manager comes in now, he can decide if Van Beek has a role, before he's shipped off.
Work out how we're going to play Ronaldo and wingers, and just try and make much better than what we're doing.
Yeah, I think all the existing players (VDB included) will be given a pass for this season and a fresh start to prove themselves under the new manager. Hope so anyway

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Biting my tongue

absolutely disgraceful from every single player

will someone please tell our CBs they are more like Laurel and hardy than they are top level cbs. If I see them get and play the ball between them
Anymore I think my head will explode

Ixion

Neville saying this was coming and we got obliterated, we don't run as hard as other teams and has no idea what kind of defensive instructions the team have been getting

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Thank God, Liverpool stopped playing after the red card. They could have scored double figures, if they wanted to.

Crazy times... paying 10 million p/y to a manager who, judging by what we witness on the pitch, "thinks" that attacking football=keep 4 players constantly in the attacking half, run a lot, and have faith. It boggles the mind.

The worst thing? He wasn't like that at the beginning. When he was forced to play the likes of Lingard, Pereira and James, his self-preservation instinct worked for the benefit of the whole team. He seems like someone who's given up and just hopes that something will stick.

A lot will be said about Pogba. I don't agree with his reaction, but a little self-reflection wouldn't hurt our staff either. When your system requires of all of your midfielders who are good on the ball to sit on the bench so that Scott McTominay can start, maybe - just maybe - it's you the one who has to rethink the way you're approaching your first-team setup. Especially when you're probably going to let a WC winner and VdB so that you can fund 100 odd million for Declan Rice.

Finally that weird feeling when you're being torn to shreds at home by your fiercest rival and your 70 million signing is just warming the bench.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Exactly, it’s over for him now, he’s tried his best and had some good moments. Time to move on now.
And he will leave behind an actual team that can compete against most top-sides if coached better. He has build a good football team. That alone is hard wor
Pure guess work but this is the worst football we’ve played since Ole joined.
That performance from Luke shaw was an utter disgrace.
With this i agree 100%. But since he joined, his stats vs top-sides are actually decent/good. I'm not defending him or this result. He has to go, thats just how it is.

Winrar

Right, I'm going to start with Liverpool. They were superb; I don't recall a more dominant away performance than that in my forty years as a fan. Top team with a world class manager; Salah is a special player. They will remember today forever. It hurts to praise your fiercest rivals, but facts are facts.

From our point of view, it was total humiliation and disgrace. I'm actually thankful the scousers took it easy from 0-5, preferring to just keep the ball and conserve energy. It was appalling, truly dreadful and unacceptable. Ole, you always be loved at united, but it's over; either he is sacked first thing tomorrow or Ole makes the decision himself and walks. There is no coming back from this, it's the end.

The players should be ashamed: £85 million, the fecking captain, for Maguire? Make Bruno or Ronaldo captain immediately. Fred, who is a waste of space. But they were all a disgrace today: no leaders, no organisation, no fight.

A total embarrassment from top to bottom. Massive changes needed! New manager, changes in the team. We are a mess. This must never happen again.
Can't have put it any better.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool