PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 September 2016

Natener

The better team of the entire game won. I'm incredibly proud of our lads though, they gave their all. Our A game may not have been there, but we showed a lot of heart.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It took Guardiola seven minutes in the second half to make the kind of substitution Mourinho made at half time.
This

Jose (in hindsight) should have changed it at 0-1

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We may have lost against those cretins, but I tell you what, second half that was United of old. And people will be taking note of that.

Previous seasons we would have rolled over, or sat back.
Agreed. Its the character shown that matters in the long run.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Is there a negative rating for Lingard? Still can't calm down from that absolute shite he served up.

parisite

We came second and that keeper is going to cause City more problems than Hart ever did...

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
New found respect for this United team. Really made a fight of it second half.

You'll be there or thereabouts for sure.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bit of a learning experience today for Mourinho which is strange to say.

I feel better than I thought I would have done when we went 2-0 down.

Man-United

If it was the other way around we would already have a thread on how city should have had a pen and about 100 people agree. But because it's us I guess we don't care?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'm happy enough. Couldn't have seen Mki being that bad but totally off the pace of the league and Lingard I love but he's an Ashley young level of player. Second half added pace and closed down and look how different it could have been. Main thing though is the fight is there.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
That second half was nothing to be proud of. We should have been slaughtered on the counter.

Reynoldo

Cracking game, City deserved it for the first 35 mins. Mou got the starting line up wrong but pleased with the fight back from the boys

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Horrible first half - wrong formation, wrong players.

Great spirit in the 2nd half. Im very confident going forward.

Clattenburg bottled the penalty though.

OLLY ORANGE

No complaints the better team won.
Our team spirit looks good which was the only positive today.
Rooney still the main problem.

Castia

The first 30 minutes completely fecked us. The blame surely goes with Jose for the selection, Lingard ahead of Rashford or Martial :s

stepic

Very strange to start Lingard today in such a big game given his lack of play recently. Tactically poor to start the game. 433 is the way forward.

The United

Zlatan, Pogba, Blind, Mhiki and Lingard were all well below par today and that's what cost us the game.
What cost us was not playing like how we did in 2nd half in our own pitch.

Our players can play with a bit of passing on the floor , hold the ball etc.

The first 20-30 min was freaking shit. Hopefully, jose learnt from it. He is not up against barca of messi and the other 2 greats midfielders of all time.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Tale of too halves really.

We exposed Bravo and Stones and other teams will exploit it.

Miki and Lingard cost us big time in the first half

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is what happens when you start off not playing your best and in-form players.

Woodzy

Outclassed in the first half. Gave them a game in the second half but to be fair they still better chances in the second half and our only real chances were coming from their dodgy keeper.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Ibra wasn't that bad today, but with him on we literally can't play through balls in the middle.

When we counter, the midfielders miss that quick release through the center; especially with City's high back line.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What was that last 15-20 mins . LVG esque - long ball and that too shit ones . We had good players on ball and should have the tried the ground passing

montpelier

Think City deserved it. Good effort 2nd half. And agree with what others say about first half set-up & some individual performances on first starts. City good side, apart from the GK.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Eric Bailly man of the match? Come on Redcafe. I'm fecking quitting this site if that happens. ARE YOU feckING MAD? He was totally at fault for the first goal.

Dolf

Clattenburg was even worst than lingard. Should have given david silva a red and should have given us a penalty. Seemed like everything we did was a foul and everything city did was ok. Also, why the hell would you play Lingard from the left? So frustrated right now...

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Can't stand off good players or they'll tear you to pieces. We closed down and pressed better in the second half, so we came into the game more. Shit tactics from Mourinho, though. A few players need to have a look at themselves. No matter what the tactics are, you need to win your individual battles and they won most of them in the first half.

MDFC Manager

Gutted with that. And in fact, we'd have got massacred if Aguero was fit.

Lot of work to do for Mourinho

BaguetteBoy

We can do so much better the problem is I think even the players know that too. Lingard was a horrible gamble. Herrera was amazing exactly the energy needed in midfield. Rasford was also amazing should be starting the next game

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Mourinho got shown up tactically and the starting line up was woeful. We still don't have players as good as Silva and De Bruyne at creating openings in the final third both were top class today.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I watched the whole game. Why was Pogba not selected to play today?

paulscholes18

City outplayed, out thought us and deserved to go 2-0 up, then we came right back into the match with Zlatan then we should have got a pen and City down to 10, but clattenburg had other ideas

Zoo

Left ourselves wth far too much to do and were running on empty by the end. Mourinho go it wrong and should have changed it immediately after the first goal.

Also the ref bottled the biggest decision of the game, that was a clear foul by Bravo on Rooney. They have a thread On Bluemoon bemoaning the appointment of Clattenburg, lets see if they mention it now.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is on Jose. He set the team totally wrong. You cannot concede the possession while at the same time not protecting the defense, and you cannot counter attack efficiently with two slow players in attack. And well, starting two unfit players was stupid.

Typically, I wouldn't mind this much, but Guardiola is arguably the most consistent manager ever, so playing catch up against them will be very difficult.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very poor for the first 30 minutes which cost us the game. I thought we played well towards the end of first half and entire second half and overall I'm happy with this performance. Second half was miles better than anything we saw last year.

Devil may care

Very disappointing, Jose got a lot wrong and not enough of the performances were up to scratch, this was a game where he needed to show some balls with Rooney and Ibra as we needed Martial's pace on much sooner and Ibra was labouring to get the press on the dodgy keeper.

Nothing much on the positive side of things bar commitment, the endless lumping it up at the end became tedious and City dealt with it well enough.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 744 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 13% Man Utd 2:0 Man City