g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Honestly. Can this day get any worse.
The Gooners win to overtake United.
Then United get well and truly stuffed by City. So bad that I turn off the TV well before the game ended.
Then I turn on the radio only to hear the worlds stupidest man Robbie Savage talking like a demented halfwit.
I begrudge paying the BBC license when some of that money goes to that imbecile.

killerboi2

David De Gea comfortably in the top 2 again (voted our man of the match on the BBC website) despite us conceding 4 goals. Welcome back to the Jose Mourinho days of United.

Bet we'll get a boring 1-1 draw against Tottenham with De Gea man of the match again.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
The 2nd half was humiliating. I've been there as a player and it's not fun and you just want the whistle to blow.

The one positive is I want to see this 4-2-4 formation and the same players vs weaker sides. I bet we would see more 3-0 and 4-1 scorelines.

AWB and Maguire were especially bad.

Loon

:lol:
Genuinely feel hostility toward this United side. I hate feeling this way.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Can't stand this team.

Cowards, drama on social media reports (Ronaldo), hurt little souls who down tools on the pitch.

There's never anything positive nowadays. Rotten place, it's time to strip it back to absolute basics and start again. But obviously whilst the Glazers signed those dotted lines on big decisions, it'll be same old.

I think we could suffer a longer drought than Liverpool if this is the best we've got after 8 years of shite.

MUFC OK

Btw reds we’d better start planning some pretty significant anti-glazer protests if we wants anything more than £50m to spend.

Last Summer and the Bruno signing only happened due to said pressure from the fans. If we aren’t up in arms then we’ll get pennies again. Don’t wait until the summer window is closed ffs.

IWat

Seriously!!

Agendas are rife if that's the best you can do.

He had a tenth of a second to react, what was he meant to do?!
It's called anticipation. If the ball comes back out from the shot it's only going in certain directions. It's the thing that should separate Sunday league players from those costing £80m.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The 2nd half was humiliating. I've been there as a player and it's not fun and you just want the whistle to blow.

The one positive is I want to see this 4-2-4 formation and the same players vs weaker sides. I bet we would see more 3-0 and 4-1 scorelines.

AWB and Maguire were especially bad.
Didn't we already tried that ? And we were dominated even by weaker sides?

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Pogba’s work rate doesn’t exactly inspire the rest of the team. All players know it’s very difficult to win matches (in modern football) with passengers on the pitch
There was a prime example today... He got the ball on half way, laid it off and went galloping forward... It had the potential to end in a chance but I think Sancho lost the ball on the left hand side of City's box. City then started to break back on us because we had overcommitted the midfield and you could just see him strolling back. If he ran back with the same speed that he ran forward we fans would be less critical...

Maniron

As bad as we were today, it should not have come as a surprise to anyone.

We are (for the most part) a team of talented but disparate individuals where the sum of the whole is less than the sum of the parts

I fear it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better - keep the faith

MUFC OK

As bad as we were today, it should not have come as a surprise to anyone.

We are (for the most part) a team of talented but disparate individuals where the sum of the whole is less than the sum of the parts

I fear it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better - keep the faith
We’re going to eclipse the scousers wait for a PL title. I’m 100% convinced.

It's B Rubble

Good up until we scored. Then straight away after that and all second half we were terrible.

Every time we got the ball in that second half, you had four city players converging on us. They were working ten times harder than us. look at how hard foden worked all through the game, chasing down the two CBs.

I give up supporting this bloody club.

I said at the start i would take a 1-0 defeat where we dominate them. That second half was a shit show.
Bye bye plastico. “I give up supporting this club” embarrassing.

hobbers

Richards is so thick
Micah Richards making an absolute fool of himself
He's not really, he's just saying what was obvious to everyone with half a brain after the Liverpool rout. If the club wanted to salvage this season they had to fire Ole, hire Conte and give Conte whatever he wanted.

But like Gary said, the board are too spineless for that sort of approach, and especially with a manager like Conte who will publicly roast them if they dont give him what he wants.

So the next best option was to sacrifice this season to get the number one choice of manager in the summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
Btw reds we’d better start planning some pretty significant anti-glazer protests if we wants anything more than £50m to spend.

Last Summer and the Bruno signing only happened due to said pressure from the fans. If we aren’t up in arms then we’ll get pennies again. Don’t wait until the summer window is closed ffs.
Did you protest?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So dislikeable. I'm honestly scratching my head at how we ended up with a group of players with zero fight. Something has gone so badly wrong. Ole has truly built a horrendous squad of players here.
I said earlier on today i would take a 1-0 defeat or a 1-1 draw and the performance was good, as in we dominate them, or at least have 50 percent possession or thereabouts. The second half performance was so bad.

The amount of times i counted the city players hunting in packs while we just stood around.

Every player has to be at it. Which is what city have.

BlueHaze

Going to be a lot more uglier when we play against the scouse away. This pathetic team has just given up on everything. They genuinely don't care anymore.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pogba’s work rate doesn’t exactly inspire the rest of the team. All players know it’s very difficult to win matches (in modern football) with passengers on the pitch
Yea i agree. Every player has to be at it. Pogba wasnt working hard enough, like the city players work.

big_jeffstar

If you want to beat teams like city, every single player on the pitch needs to be at the very least on the same wavelength, and working towards a collective goal..
atm we have a mish mash team of players that either aren’t good enough, are completely jaded, or don’t want to be here.. and that drags down the players that do want to be here, or are good enough… when you’re bringing on players that have already tried several times to leave, you’ve got problems, and that’s exactly where we are as a team.. we can’t realistically expect to challenge for anything this year and it’s going to take a few seasons for everyone to get back on the same page, I’m strangely hopeful that we can do it, I think it will just take lots of time, patience and almost an entire cultural reset to achieve it

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If you want to beat teams like city, every single player on the pitch needs to be at the very least on the same wavelength, and working towards a collective goal..
atm we have a mish mash team of players that either aren’t good enough, are completely jaded, or don’t want to be here.. and that drags down the players that do want to be here, or are good enough… when you’re bringing on players that have already tried several times to leave, you’ve got problems, and that’s exactly where we are as a team.. we can’t realistically expect to challenge for anything this year and it’s going to take a few seasons for everyone to get back on the same page, I’m strangely hopeful that we can do it, I think it will just take lots of time, patience and almost an entire cultural reset to achieve it
This a 100%. Every player has to be at it. Pogba today and in general doesnt work hard enough. Then Lingard and Rashford came on and they werent at it.

Look at the work rate of Foden today. That is what we need in terms of work rate.

So annoying performances like today. I can take being unlucky like against Boro. The second half today was terrible from a work rate point of view.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It was much worse to watch this shit at Etihad. The second half was complete and utter garbage. Almost wish I was watching on a TV so I could turn it off.

Have to say, though, the starting lineup was the best we probably have talent-wise. At least I had zero "why didn't Rangnick..." complains. But of course we still got humiliated. I don't know how our players can listen to thousands of opposition fans yell "you are shit" and still not give a feck. My blood was boiling and I am not even a player.

Completely depressing

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Season is over. Just hope that Liverpool win nothing. Hopefully the new manager is allowed gut the squad. Play the kids in the Europa Conference / Europa League and focus on a good league finish.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Not sure why anyone would have any hope in this game. It was so obvious that we would lose this game. Stupid for anyone to think otherwise. We are absolute dog shit at the minute.

Flying_Heckfish

Actually think it would do us good to be out of Europe altogether. We need a complete reset. If some want to leave let them, that is part of the problem, they want CL football but some will not accept they are part of the reason we will not get it. Far too high opinion of their talents.
Definitely could happen the rate we are going. We have a brutal schedule.

I do think there will be a big change in the squad at the end if the season, whatever happens.

T_Model101

Would it have actually made any difference if we'd have had Declan Rice instead of Fred today?

tomaldinho1

Sadly went just as we all probably expected - we’ve been atrocious this season, I’m genuinely surprised we even scored.

Godfather

Let's get the whole Leipzig scouting team and fire everyone here. Get a young exciting team full of hot prospects. Sick and tired of our squad planning.

git_united

Not sure why anyone would have any hope in this game. It was so obvious that we would lose this game. Stupid for anyone to think otherwise. We are absolute dog shit at the minute.
The predictions for the score line suggest that few expected a positive result. It’s the performance in the second half that has people checking out of this project. I dare say that had the match ended at halftime, we would have complained about the individual errors and been annoyed at the result but taken solace from the performance.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw