Potential Pogba replacements

Fer

Maddison or Fernandes would be Pogba replacement.

Unfortunately, Havertz is unrealistic.

I prefer to sell Pogba to Juve than Madrid. At least we could get someone like Cancelo or Dybala + money.

Bestietom

Probably be Fernandes. Just hope Ole has 2 strong midfielders behind him. Partey one of them .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he goes then we need to sign someone with immense potential IMO. Maddison, Havertz, Aouar ??

VanGaalyTime

If he goes then we need to sign someone with immense potential IMO. Maddison, Havertz, Aouar ??
Kai Havertz is a great shout. Hopefully we can sign several players with the money. Two with potential and then one absolutely top quality star.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we need to sign a replacement as soon as possible. If he stays, he has competition and will have to give 100%. If he goes we won't be held to ransom with bags of money from the Pogba sale lying around.

We really have to break this dependancy. I've seen this stat-image of how "epic" his season was last season more than I care to remember. I think those fairly average stats for a player of his supposed stature show that we cannot be overly reliant on him and we have to start thinking of the team balance first.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Once he leaves we will be left with Matic, Fred and McTominay. In other words, our entire midfield will need to be rebuilt from scratch. So the question should be framed less as "who should replace Pogba?" and more fundamentally as "what sort of midfield do we want?"

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
We need to get these players in first, we sell Pogba and clubs know we are desperate and will rinse us for as much as possible. Ala Leicester with Maguire

Patrick08

We should look at Saul, Thiago, Erikson. May be Bruno is the answer as well as a 10 and we need players behind him.

bonothom

Longstaff to replace Pogba. Like for like and we end up with £120million for the Glazers to share with their investors. Lovely jubbly!

WensleyMU

Once he leaves we will be left with Matic, Fred and McTominay. In other words, our entire midfield will need to be rebuilt from scratch. So the question should be framed less as "who should replace Pogba?" and more fundamentally as "what sort of midfield do we want?"
Our entire midfield needs to be rebuilt with Pogba still a United player....

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Aren’t Lyon adamant about keeping Aouar? Seems like one of those names that might be the center of intense transfer speculation but it’ll be a year or so from now, like Sancho.

El-Manos

We are in a dire situation, feck me. Following his agent’s comments he is definitely gone this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kai Havertz is a great shout. Hopefully we can sign several players with the money. Two with potential and then one absolutely top quality star.
Personally i'd sell him if Madrid are willing to pay what we're asking. Then i'd sign two creative #8s with one being Hossam Aouar if we can persuade Aulas to sell which might be difficult, but money talks. Aouar I really like due to his off the ball work and high energy which would provide many tactical benefits potentially.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Aren’t Lyon adamant about keeping Aouar? Seems like one of those names that might be the center of intense transfer speculation but it’ll be a year or so from now, like Sancho.
It would be difficult but i'm hoping money talks. He's a young dynamic player that is a duracell bunny that would be a fantastic signing for us. Maddison is another that I quite like who could play slightly ahead of Aouar.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need to get these players in first, we sell Pogba and clubs know we are desperate and will rinse us for as much as possible. Ala Leicester with Maguire
We should agree the deals in advance rather than sign replacements before hand. Signing replacements before hand would weaken our position in the negotiations for Pogba.

wolvored

I dont think the club will sanction his release regardless what him or Raiola say. He will be scuttling around the pitch next season with odd bright bits.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Assuming that we are already getting Longstaff, Maguire and Bruno then I'd sell Pogba and use that money for Maddison and push for Sancho. If we can't persuade Sancho this year then go for Olmo or Brooks, who are both versatile and can be moved when hopefully Sancho arrives the following season. Replave Lukaku with Ben Yedder and shift some of the dead wood and I'd call that a good window. A shame to lose Pogbas technical quality but his heart isn't in it and we need a settled squad.

francobaresi

Assuming that we are already getting Longstaff, Maguire and Bruno then I'd sell Pogba and use that money for Maddison and push for Sancho. If we can't persuade Sancho this year then go for Olmo or Brooks, who are both versatile and can be moved when hopefully Sancho arrives the following season. Replave Lukaku with Ben Yedder and shift some of the dead wood and I'd call that a good window. A shame to lose Pogbas technical quality but his heart isn't in it and we need a settled squad.
So 6 signings then? You are living in dream land my friend

George The Best

That’s a big assumption.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We can’t really replace him with one player, so I’d get a couple. Bruno and Olmo would work for me.

mattsville

We are in a strong position, 3 years on the contract and we know madrid and juve want him so we can auction, no use keeping a player that is unmotivated, sell and reinvest, in terms of the pogba replacements argument, what are we actually replacing, he has not produced his best ability for us for various reasons of course, it does not matter how talented you are if you don't put the effort in, between him and the agent it is a double act, imo if we spend the funds correctly it is an opportunity to improve the team with players who at the very least give a feck and will make the effort required.

Jib

Neymar. The Glazer don't care about winning but they care about the marketing and if Pogba leaves, I can see them spend BIG for another poster boy.

George The Best

Neymar. The Glazer don't care about winning but they care about the marketing and if Pogba leaves, I can see them spend BIG for another poster boy.
Nike sponsored, but on hold according to reports, due to the rape allegation. No chance he’d come here.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The biggest virus in football?

red thru&thru

Are Real ready to let Cabellos go because Pogba is incoming? Surely we insist on Cabellos as part of any deal?!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Erikson is also a good shout who's on the last year of his contract. He'd be on very low salary and be looking for a big payday for his last major contract.

redshaw

Could take a gamble on Bruno.

Seems as though the club will end up selling Pogba with not much time left to buy with possible targets gone and we'll settle with the triers of McTom, Pereira, Fred and probably see Matic and Longstaff.

Lee565

Unfortunately the best replacement would have been Ndombele but we are too busy preparing a bid for Longstaff because signing a player that has only played like 9 first team games for mid-table selling club that nobody else is after is an extremely complicated deal to pull off for this Club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pogba was given lot of task to bring the ball from the back & also need to create our chances. That’s why he’s struggling lot of times. To me we need minimum 2 players to replace him.

Neves McTominay
——- Bruno ——-

I’ll spend the money on both Neves & Bruno. Neves’s weakness is his physical attributes & defensively, this can be covered if we play him next to someone like McTominay who can compliment his style. Neves can be the one to replace Pogba’s passing ability from the back.

Bruno will be the big gamble but I think he can be the one to replace Pogba’s duty to creating chances for our attack.