Potential Pogba replacements

Fer

We can get 2 midfielders if we sell Pogba, one CAM and a CDM.

There are a lot of attacking midfielders like Fernandes, Madisson, Havertz, Eriksen, etc. But who would be the best CDM we can get?

King Andow

There are a lot of attacking midfielders like Fernandes, Madisson, Havertz, Eriksen, etc. But who would be the best CDM we can get?
Sandro Tonali.

Patrick08

Before we flog him off, ( which I doubt will happen this summer), we should be wise enough to bring players in in order to not get fleeced.

May be Bruno fernandes is the answer, who knows.

Red_toad

Aren’t Lyon adamant about keeping Aouar? Seems like one of those names that might be the center of intense transfer speculation but it’ll be a year or so from now, like Sancho.
They don't need to sell him and he's not agitating to move. I'd love him at United, lad has a very good all round game, can certainly pick a pass and always seems to have time on the ball. I'd suspect he'd be going for more than Ndombele if they were to sell him.

deafepl

Havertz is Pogba's perfect replacement, so if we keep Pogba for this season with the promise of selling him next summer, we should go out for Havertz.

OleGunnar20

I'd like Ndidi ideally, but that seems super unlikely, especially if we take Maguire this summer.

Ascacibar I used to think would be a really astute signing. With Stuttgart having been relegated he'd surely be attainable for a comparatively cheap price. Banned for a few weeks for spitting at Havertz last season which has put me off him unfortunately, but maybe he can be straightened out.

Wiegl & Tonali would both be great playmaking options if we're going with a Herrera type further forward. I don't think Tonali will leave Italy but Wiegl seems to be available at a reasonable price, if he could regain his top form he'd be a useful addition.

Tough position to fill. Shame we couldn't snap up that Rodri fella but hey ho, I'm sure there's more of him out there, just gotta find them.

Eric's Seagull

Hoping that if Pogba goes we get the full £150m I've seen us ask for him but I want it done sooner rather than later so that we are not hanging about and have to panic buy right at the end and have to stupid money because teams know we will be desperate at that point.
I've read Erikssen is is available for £100-130m think we can get him for £100m and hopefully Bruno for £50m. Would like to see this happen but think we would need a quality CDM behind them although think this may just be too much asking.

Hawks2008

I'd like to see Aouar but I don't see Lyon selling him after selling Ndombele already.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hoping that if Pogba goes we get the full £150m I've seen us ask for him but I want it done sooner rather than later so that we are not hanging about and have to panic buy right at the end and have to stupid money because teams know we will be desperate at that point.
I've read Erikssen is is available for £100-130m think we can get him for £100m and hopefully Bruno for £50m. Would like to see this happen but think we would need a quality CDM behind them although think this may just be too much asking.
That would be a great fee but do you trust the club to reinvest intelligently ?

C'est Moi Cantona

Tielemans is sat there ripe for the plucking, add Fernandes, and Longstaff, all players that seem easily gettable, and we'd probably still have change out of any Pogba fee. I'm not saying it'll work, but heck we need to proactive here, we're sleepwalking towards having a catastrophe of a midfield.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No definitely not. One of my biggest fears regarding the potential sale of Pogba is that Woody won't wont reinvest the fee but I am really hoping that he does.
I'm kinda excited tbh, if this happens (Pogba being sold), this is a great opportunity to strenghten the team. I'm tired of being negative :D

Eleven-Eighteen

Before we flog him off, ( which I doubt will happen this summer), we should be wise enough to bring players in in order to not get fleeced.

May be Bruno fernandes is the answer, who knows.
Spoke a few hours too soon.

After all this media posturing by Pogba and Raiola, I'd be happy if he left. No club benefits from keeping players who disrespect the entire institution

Eric's Seagull

I'm kinda excited tbh, if this happens (Pogba being sold), this is a great opportunity to strenghten the team. I'm tired of being negative :D
Totally agree with bold part. I really hope we take full advantage of it and spend it wisely use it to bring in quality players to improve the squad. Although I don't have much faith in Woody I am hoping that he surprises me and puts it back in the squad. He may actually see sense and realise that it would be better to reinvest the money in the squad for the future, if he does this it would make me extremely happy :devil:

SER19

My 16 year old cousin has a strop every time she doesn't get what she wants, so she might be a shout?

Patrick08

Totally agree with bold part. I really hope we take full advantage of it and spend it wisely use it to bring in quality players to improve the squad. Although I don't have much faith in Woody I am hoping that he surprises me and puts it back in the squad. He may actually see sense and realise that it would be better to reinvest the money in the squad for the future, if he does this it would make me extremely happy :devil:
We have already lost Ndombele mate, and any club we purchase from would fleece us as well. The best situation for us is we don't sell him for a penny less than 180 m this summer and keep tabs and influence on likes of erikson or others in the market to make moves next summer while selling pogba for no less than 150m next summer.

Eric's Seagull

We have already lost Ndombele mate, and any club we purchase from would fleece us as well. The best situation for us is we don't sell him for a penny less than 180 m this summer and keep tabs and influence on likes of erikson or others in the market to make moves next summer while selling pogba for no less than 150m next summer.
Gutted that we didn't get NDombelle as he is a player I really wanted mate. Your right on any club trying to fleece us, it seems now the only way we can get players is to offer exorbitant fees and wages to match. If we could get the £180m like you said I would be happy as it would soften the blow a bit of having to pay over the odds for a replacement. I fear if we hold on to Pogba for another year he will stink the place out with his attitude and I would ideally like to get someone in now who is going to give give us 100% than an a Pogba who is not fully committed to the cause as that may make us fall further behind than where we are at the moment.

Bestietom

We can bring in 2 top midfielders with Pogba money.
We should be looking at players like Havertz and Partey, not Longstaff.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Is Havertz genuinely an option? I didn't think he was for sale this summer.
No.

Völler made it clear, that Havertz (20) stays for another year at Leverkusen. Since Leverkusen reached the UCL and plays attractive football, i have no doubt, Havertz himself wants to stay another year. If Havertz performs as aspected, his value will increase and with a contract till 2022, Leverkusen will still get a lot of money in summer 2020. German Newspapers also say, there have been talks between Bayern and Havertz adviser earlier this year with a "no chance in 2019" result. Rumors also say, Bayern and Havertz already agreed a transfer for 2020 - but you have to be very careful with those rumors. But a transfer to United this summer? No chance, if u ask me.

Patrick08

. I fear if we hold on to Pogba for another year he will stink the place out with his attitude and I would ideally like to get someone in now who is going to give give us 100% than an a Pogba who is not fully committed to the cause as that may make us fall further behind than where we are at the moment.
He wouldn't. Just a ploy to bring down the price.

Crashoutcassius

Was hoping we would get ceballos as part of any deal. Madrid don't care about him at all. Not sure he really fits in and would want to be here... but I like the player.

Otherwise the replacement player just depends on how we want to play I suppose. Actually hard to get as complete a player as pogba even though he only shows his completeness for 5 games a season.

Snafu17

Thing is, we probably could survive without his level of creativity in midfield if we significantly improve the RW. But it don't think that's happening now and I'm not sure who could we target anyway.

mu4c_20le

We can bring in 2 top midfielders with Pogba money.
We should be looking at players like Havertz and Partey, not Longstaff.
More of a Herrera replacement, he will be brought in regardless of Pogba staying or going. At least I hope so.

ottosec

If we lose Pogba I think that our chances of making the top 4 next season will be very low.

We should use the opportunity to gamble on some young players that are maybe not quite ready yet and give them some playing time. Either bought players or from our academy.

Crashoutcassius

We should get 2 midfielders now and if pogba goes stick with it. If we wait then whatever replacement we sign will cost exactly 150m. I actually already think he waited too long, when pogba says all this stuff publicly the price for fernandes goes up 20m

Moonwalker

My 16 year old cousin has a strop every time she doesn't get what she wants, so she might be a shout?
She sounds like the perfect fit for the manager job.

Would be adored by the masses too.

Ander herrera the warrior

Thing is, we probably could survive without his level of creativity in midfield if we significantly improve the RW. But it don't think that's happening now and I'm not sure who could we target anyway.
This. We could sign someone like Bruno Fernandes or James Madison to replace Pogba in midfield, but overall we would need to sign someone like Sancho to be the superstar replacement for the team.

Eric's Seagull

We should get 2 midfielders now and if pogba goes stick with it. If we wait then whatever replacement we sign will cost exactly 150m. I actually already think he waited too long, when pogba says all this stuff publicly the price for fernandes goes up 20m
I agree that we should have waited too long as I would have liked to get our transfer business done as soon as possible to give Ole more time to integrate signings into the squad but sadly it hasn't happened yet. I think it would be good to get 2 midfielders now but I feel thay Woody is not going to release the money until the Pogba sale goes through.

I agree with your point on the Fernandes fee go up and that is something I have feared all along as the further we get in the transfer window, the selling club know we are will be getting increasingly desperaste and will keep trying to add a bit more on.

OverratedOpinion

I think we should be signing Tielemans regardless of Pogba going or staying. Everytime I have ever seen him I have been impressed.

If Pogba goes then we have lost our 2 best midfielders and our best outfield player but we would be in an interesting position because Pogba has always been difficult to fit in to a formation despite being hugely talented. If we could buy two players who are more natural centre mids then we might benefit in a way.

Eric's Seagull

I think we should be signing Tielemans regardless of Pogba going or staying. Everytime I have ever seen him I have been impressed.

If Pogba goes then we have lost our 2 best midfielders and our best outfield player but we would be in an interesting position because Pogba has always been difficult to fit in to a formation despite being hugely talented. If we could buy two players who are more natural centre mids then we might benefit in a way.
Tielemans would have been a very good signing although it seems as if he is sadly nailed on to sign for Leicester. Decent player, good age and very reasonable fee.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If Pogba goes for 150m, it's not just him that gets replaced, it's the whole midfield.

100m Would have got you Tielmans, Ndombele and with the 50m left over you'd probably have get B. Fernandes....That midfield is better than Pogba.

Even though they've gone, theirs plenty of good midfielders out there.
CDM: Ndidi, Danilo Pereira, Rice
CM: Doucoure, Neves, Winks, Longstaff, Partey, SM-Savic, Kondogbia, Van De Beek, Pellegrini
CAM: B. Fernandes, Lo Celso, Fekir, Olmo, Kai Haverts

Apart from maybe Haverts, I've tried to keep the list realistic.
If Pogba goes, thats 3 gone without replacements, so we need 3 really.

My big worry is that Pogba leaves, it's that United do the right thing and spend the money this summer (And I mean money on top of the Pogba and potentially Lukaku money)

Lentwood

We can replace Pogba's commitment, effort and application with a shop mannequin, freeing up £130m-odd for some players who don't mind getting their kit sweaty

So I don't get told off by mods for hijacking threads....I'll say Longstaff and Declan Rice would do me as replacements to play alongside McTominay

Jig1234

I'm seeing a lot of Isco and Bale but the player Utd should get if a player can be included in a deal. It should be Dani Ceballos. 22 year old talented midfielder with potential to get better and has resale value. Isco is a fantastic player but I rather get someone who has room to get better and improve. But that's just my opinion.