Premier League fixtures - April 8th-10th

Peanut Butter

I don't know if Klopp is sending a message to the owners or not. Mind you Rodgers tried it and it didn't help him, this is the result of how our squad was built. Massive pressure on the owners in the summer .
He's a fool then. He knew all about FSG and their 'moneyball' approach before joining Liverpool.

MullerUtd

Jeez the Liverpool line-up is so fecking average, look at their forward line. :lol: I've never even heard of 2 of them. Stoke line-up on paper looks even stronger than them.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes, but according to the British Press where in the world will Spurs find goals without Kane?
Well, it's always going to affect a side when you lose your top goalscorer, but that's when you expect other players to step up, and fortunately for Spurs, that's happened. Eriksen, Son and Alli all guarantee you goals. You've got a really good balance.

MadMike

The state of that Liverpool starting XI. If they manage to get all 3 points you can colour me very very surprised. Why are Lallana, Firminho and Coutinho out of the squad? Any scouse fans that know?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's a fool then. He knew all about FSG and their 'moneyball' approach before joining Liverpool.
According to reports they aren't really "moneyballing" though are they? Their wage bill has ballooned and it's close to 70% of their turnover which is very dangerous.

To add to that they obviously need so many additions, both to the starting XI and the squad. They'll have Europe one way or another and Klopp was complaining before about fixture congestion? Good luck bud.

ti vu

The state of that Liverpool starting XI. If they manage to get all 3 points you can colour me very very surprised. Why are Lallana, Firminho and Coutinho out of the squad? Any scouse fans that know?
A L'pool fan said in Mane thread that Coutinho was ill. No idea on Lallana or Firminho.

themoyesboy

Liverpool will still win that match. I've put my house on it and all my savings.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Coutinho was ill and Firmino isn't fully fit. Lallana, Mane and Henderson are all injured.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Lallana mane
Lallana mane and Henderson injured. Coutinho ill and Firminos played every game so far so likely jaded. I'm happy he's tried something different other than the tried and failed approach.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Really? You don't look a team in crisis.
Well we had Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in a row. That plus the International break. We could have, and probably should have picked up more points in that little run though.

That is because Guardiola has been found out. He was supposed to absolutely dominate the league this season. Instead, his stubbornness has led to massive underachievement. He doesn't quite look like the best manager in the world now, does he?? I mean, John Stones, the most expensive defender in the world? Really?

I wonder what Joe Hart must be feeling now.
John Stones is 22 years old. We bought potential and I'm confident he'll come good. If he was playing alongside Kompany this season instead of Otamendi or Kolarov you'd already see vastly superior performances.

I miss Joe and I was hurt when he was sent away in such a fashion, but he's made numerous mistakes at Torino this season. Bravo had a track record that betrayed how he would actually play for us. Pep can't see into the future.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Lallana injured, Coutinho ill, Firmino is fully fit as far as I'm aware.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Souness saying Trippier would get into the United team (over Valencia) :lol:
Did he say over Valencia? Or just in the team?

Valencia is better, easily imo, but I think Trips is a better backup RB for the bench than what you've got (Darmian & Young).

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Watch Liverpool win now with many expecting a result for Stoke.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
That is because Guardiola has been found out. He was supposed to absolutely dominate the league this season. Instead, his stubbornness has led to massive underachievement. He doesn't quite look like the best manager in the world now, does he?? I mean, John Stones, the most expensive defender in the world? Really?

I wonder what Joe Hart must be feeling now.
Oh shush, Duncan.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
So that's a nonsense. Firmino should have absolutely started. It's not like you have to play 3 times per week.
I think he's trying something different, he's pushed our regular right back and left back up into midfield (Clyne and Milner) and brought in Klavan and Trent to play LB and RB.
Origi replaces Firmino, maybe he wants a natural striker to help break down teams that sit back.

Interesting to say the least.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wasn't Trippier known at Burnley for being an excellent crosser?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Below the belt haha. There is still time for Kompany to come back though. He's only 30.
Rooney's only 31. I think the injuries have done the damage (in both cases). I'd like Kompany to have a couple of injury-free seasons in another league. When's the contract up? I think Pep will get rid this summer, what do you think?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Souness saying Trippier would get into the United team (over Valencia) :lol:
And he would. Easily as solid as Valencia in defence and better crosser of the ball too.

salford_

Spurs were always going to close the gap. and will continue to but they arent winning every game which they need to for the title. hence i think its done n dusted to an extent

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I think he's trying something different, he's pushed our regular right back and left back up into midfield (Clyne and Milner) and brought in Klavan and Trent to play LB and RB.
Origi replaces Firmino, maybe he wants a natural striker to help break down teams that sit back.

Interesting to say the least.
I see many sites put you on a 3-5-2 formation. Maybe he is trying to be more conservative for once.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Spurs v. Bournemouth on TV next Saturday, so could be even more goals, except Bournemouth will get involved this time.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Watch Liverpool win now with many expecting a result for Stoke.
Yeah, I expect Liverpool to perform with the kids the way United did last season against Arsenal.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And he would. Easily as solid as Valencia in defence and better crosser of the ball too.
I'm a Spurs fan and Valencia is definitely better. Valencia's athleticism alone sets him apart. It's the major thing Trips lacks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Rooney's only 31. I think the injuries have done the damage (in both cases). I'd like Kompany to have a couple of injury-free seasons in another league. When's the contract up? I think Pep will get rid this summer, what do you think?
I agree that his best is beyond him but don't think he'll go, the defence will have to be made over but I think 3 new fullbacks will be the priority this season so we'll have to rely on the same 4 centrebacks next year, we may bring in one and if we do it'll be Kolarov who'll make way for him. Kompany will be kept around for experience and what little he can play. Its shocking that we've ended up in this situation in defence, fullbacks in particular. I believe our cb's would be better had they fullbacks with actual working legs (unlike Sagna and Zabs) or brains (unlike Clichy who been in mental retirement since we beat Liverpool to the title.)

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wasn't Trippier known at Burnley for being an excellent crosser?
His last season at Burnley he was high up the charts for chances created in the entire league.

It was funny to see the table with a bunch of strikers and AMs for chances created and then just a random RB slotted in there. If I recall correctly he may have even been top 10. Has a good free kick on him too, but hasn't gotten to show it at Spurs.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm a Spurs fan and Valencia is definitely better. Valencia's athleticism alone sets him apart. It's the major thing Trips lacks.
Valenica is a beast physically alright but imho Trippier is better on the ball and makes up for his lack of stature with his positioning. I quite rate Trippier, I was disappointed when we let him go to Burnley and am even more soy now considering the poor excuse for fullbacks we have. You guys at Spurs are spoiled for fullbacks.