Premier League Gameweek 10

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In fairness Klopp admitting all of the decisions were correct. But bitterly still fuming with the interviewer. Haha.

Oh but Hendo says the Brighton lot said it wasn't a pen. What?
I meant to put fans rather than Liverpool themselves :D

Superunknown

Was there a reason why Mane didn't start this game? He's their best player, imo. Very dangerous and just makes their overall play better. Surprised he didn't start this game, unless there's more to it than that.

Didn't expect this result. Thought a narrow Liverpool win would be the outcome. It's going to be a much closer race than last year, which is better for the league and for everyone. It's also (worryingly for us) set up rather nicely for Spurs to do very well this season. It's going to be close.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Brighton deserve a point but Pool will feel really harshly done by. The VAR offside against Salah and that penalty for Welbeck is never a penalty in real time.

I have to say that if VAR was around during the SAF years, we'd have had a ton of goals overturned.
It would have worked for us as well. In season 2011-12 we got a few bad calls against us in key games.

DavidDeSchmikes

Jake Humphrey on BT Sport at half-time says: "The VAR discussion is so tiresome, so we're not going to go over that again here." Then at full-time, the discussion is exclusively about VAR.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s very soft, I actually struggled to see which part of the move they were reviewing for a foul.

Technically by the letter of the law it’s a penalty, but then most things look worse when slowed down. I will say that if that was given against us I’d be absolutely livid, which basically tells you the whole story.

However with all that said, I can’t pretend I’m not laughing my ass off.

marktan

So because something happens quickly it's suddenly not a penalty?
Hahaha, never a penalty in real time. You can kick someone's foot so long as you don't use the VAR system to check.
I mean by the letter of the law it is a penalty, what I meant is that in real time it didn't look a penalty at all and aside from one Brighton player no one even protested. I guess I'd term it under 'harsh'.

In the old game pre VAR slowing it down it'd never be given a penalty, combine that with the miniscule offsides and the slightest handballs becoming penalties it feels like a new game, maybe not a bad thing just takes some getting used to.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Brighton deserve a point but Pool will feel really harshly done by. The VAR offside against Salah and that penalty for Welbeck is never a penalty in real time.

I have to say that if VAR was around during the SAF years, we'd have had a ton of goals overturned.
I'm sure we'd have had a few like all other teams. Hardly a ton unless you're saying we were a lucky team under SAF?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Liverpool :lol:

Please let us win tomorrow with a VAR penalty. Please. God in heaven please.

Irrational.

This interviewer is a hero. He deserves a medal.

Everyone else would be jizzing themselves over his “pashun”. About time he was called out on his ranting and raving.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jake Humphrey on BT Sport at half-time says: "The VAR discussion is so tiresome, so we're not going to go over that again here." Then at full-time, the discussion is exclusively about VAR.
Did you miss that huge VAR incident at the end of the second half then?

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Turned off the Liverpool match at 2-0 when Mane scored from a free kick that was never a free kick.

Match ends 1-1. What the hell happened

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zoo

Not often you see Klopp on the back foot like that

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I mean by the letter of the law it is a penalty, what I meant is that in real time it didn't look a penalty at all and aside from one Brighton player no one even protested. I guess I'd term it under 'harsh'.

In the old game pre VAR slowing it down it'd never be given a penalty, combine that with the miniscule offsides and the slightest handballs becoming penalties it feels like a new game, maybe not a bad thing just takes some getting used to.
Good, let's not adhere to the letter of the law because.........you prefer teams to be able to break the rules and not be punished?!

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
So is Ole’s United still shit, given we beat Brighton twice in 5 days?
The whole league is shit atm. It makes for great entertainment for the neutral. It's anyone's title to win this year. Except Arsenal, of course :lol: