Premier League Gameweek 10

Irrational.

Burnley’s keeper is called Bailey Peacock-Farrell. Is there a more middle class name for a player who plays for such a working class club?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
“we are used to armpits!”

Bit harsh on Liverpool, I quite like the city.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's not a problem but it is a problem it is a big problem, it's not okay.

Shut up you lying sod. You can see his thought process with each phrase. Absolute prick.

Strelok

You can all shut up with your LiVARpool and beneficiary awards. This myth ended many weeks ago.
It's not a myth.

Last season you're LiVARpool. This season you're not.

FA doesn't like a consecutive winner, that would ruin the so called 'competitiveness' of the PL.

Okey

Burnley absolutely crap their pants once they see Citeh. No surer banker in the league.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I like to post with a balanced head, so the Salah offside should have been given as I feel a little toenail being offside is too much. However, you can’t seriously be complaining about the pen and Mane offside, or you’re simply wumming. Also, the amount of decisions you’ve been getting since the Roma semi-final with TAA’s goal line save have been disproportionately ridiculous, so this is just balance.
I am wumming a bit. I think this idea that VAR favours us is dead though. Rightly or wrongly, we’ve had more overturned VAR decisions against than anyone else this season.

Thought the pen was soft but I get why it was given. I’m more frustrated about the injuries. Our league position compared to injuries/fixtures is actually quite impressive imo.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Burnley absolutely crap their pants once they see Citeh. No surer banker in the league.
Their pretty shit against big teams all in all, utter myth Burnley is a tough game for the big teams!

Inigo Montoya

Their pretty shit against big teams all in all, utter myth Burnley is a tough game for the big teams!
They are struggling more than most without a support. Their style is so one dimensional.

RashyForPM

I am wumming a bit. I think this idea that VAR favours us is dead though. Rightly or wrongly, we’ve had more overturned VAR decisions against than anyone else this season.

Thought the pen was soft but I get why it was given. I’m more frustrated about the injuries. Our league position compared to injuries/fixtures is actually quite impressive imo.
Looking at it with United-tinted glasses, it did feel at times last season that you guys really had VAR in your pockets. It seemed to save you 1-0 or 2-1 wins every other game as far as memory serves. Not this season of course but yeah.

Can’t agree with your second point though. Despite your injuries, your squad depth is still unbelievable so your likely position of 3rd at the end of the gameweek would be about right.

90 + 5min

I do understand Klopp. And feel for him. At the same time, guy doing interview is doing great job telling him about Premier League and football in general.

Problem is that, wich I mentioned long ago, football have become to big for its own best. To much money involved and to much power. Sport of and for the people is gone. To much greedy men both on and of the pitch clearly affecting it in wrong way. Football is slowly eating its own people.

GlasgowCeltic

Stephen Defour in 2016 the last player Burnley signed from outside the English leagues apparently.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Swear City play Burnley at home 4 times a season.

Pep's Suit

Burnley's absolutely pathetic, City don't even play that well. This should be the season when they're finally relegated.

Inigo Montoya

Burnley’s keeper is called Bailey Peacock-Farrell. Is there a more middle class name for a player who plays for such a working class club?
Actually that first name ‘Bailey,’ is becoming far more popular among all classes as is the convention of spouses not taking their husbands’ surname but keeping their identity and name as well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Peacock-Farrell looks like a Ross Turnbull regen!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
City smashing Burnley at home is one of the certainties of the Premier League.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Two absolutely mind-boggingly bad penalties by Brighton. But I have given up trying to understand how penalties can still be taken this poorly in this day and age of big data and performance analytics.
Because data and analytics can’t kick footballs? Life isn’t lived on a spreadsheet.
I don't see your point. First penalty - keeper goes left, striker shoots right. Second penalty - keeper goes left, striker goes straight. So if anything, in both cases striker made the right decision.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sure they did. They had better chances.
No they didn't.

They had 2 goals marginally disallowed by VAR.
They had Salah firing just wide a couple of times.
Most of the possession etc.