Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

OohAahMartial

Lacazette can't even start in such a big game? Not fit? Or a flop? Thought he'd do very well in this league but it's just not happening.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Liverpool need a trophy more than Top 4 surely?

Everytime Pool get this magical 'Top 4 trophy' they still go on and look terrible.
I think everyone would take top 4 over an FA or League Cup

Maybe the smaller clubs that don't win often or push for the higher positions would take the trophy but any ambitious club wanting to build something would certain value the European experience and money that comes with it.

The best players wan't to play CL football and want to get paid well

Dobba

Maybe the smaller clubs that don't win often or push for the higher positions would take the trophy but any ambitious club wanting to build something would certain value the European experience and money that comes with it.

Yeah, like Liverpool.

Djemba-Djemba

But surely the best players don't want to just finish 3rd or 4th their entire career and win nothing?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Without the top four trophy last season Keita wouldn't have been as desperate to join us. Don't think the FA cup would have swayed him to be honest. This season I would like both: silverware and top four. But top four as priority obviously.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

Everytime Pool get this magical 'Top 4 trophy' they still go on and look terrible.
Honestly pal I'm pretty apathetic about our position. For me Klopp is the holy grail for FSG. A manager who will get the club challenging the top four with much less finances in relative comparison to his competitors. We've not spent a lot and it's a sad fact that the net spend trophy is the only one we're looking to win. Until they spend the money which is there without it being from a huge sale people will always be sceptic, or least they should be if they're paying attention. We can't spend 150-200 every summer but this, it was there courtesy of the CL, t.v. deal and our finances over the part few and as per we royally fecked it up.

I'd love a trophy alongside a top four position.The truth is none of us are truly privy to what goes on behind closed doors.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

No they don't. They don't have monopoly money to sign players without CL.

Sandyman

Without the top four trophy last season Keita wouldn't have been as desperate to join us. Don't think the FA cup would have swayed him to be honest. This season I would like both: silverware and top four. But top four as priority obviously.
But he is not joining this season right? What happens if you don't have champions league next season? Don't think that was a big factor for him.

Anustart89

FIFA Ultimate Team players holding their breaths every time Son gets into an attacking position in anticipation of his IF card.

PoTMS

A team that finished 6th last season won TWO trophies and their fans are ecstatic. Maybe you're using the wrong example? :smirk:
We won the same trophy you lost the year before in the final and all your fans were desperate to win and gutted when you lost. I think he’s picked the perfect example.

Anustart89

You'd fit in perfectly at Rawk.
Thanks. How am I wrong though? He's been blowing up play every time a Spurs player is down when Palace are threatening to attack, no penalty for Palace for the most obvious GK foul you'll see, not booking Aurier for a wild lunge, giving them tons of 50/50 decisions all game long.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
looking at arsenal's lineup, their attacking plan seems to be "give it to those two and hope they can pull something off."

IrishRedDevil

What's he saying?
It's too long to explain but in summary, Sky done an interview with Lukaku and Lukaku said things like he's still a student of the game, he watches videos of the games at home etc. All fairly decent responses as you'd expect, but Neville had to go and microanalysis his answers. It just really felt like Neville was talking for the sake of talking, which he seems to do alot recently. Carragher stepped in and defended Lukaku for his games v Liverpool and Spurs but Neville said he should have done more etc. Just felt like he was being negative for the sake of it.

Dobba

We won the same trophy you lost the year before in the final and all your fans were desperate to win and gutted when you lost. I think he’s picked the perfect example.
In fairness, when you've got the managerial equivalent of Tim Henman in charge, it's best to pretend trophies aren't important.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
But surely the best players don't want to just finish 3rd or 4th their entire career and win nothing?
That's why I said "ambitious" Arsenal are not ambitious for example. They just want top 4 and do nothing with it and rinse and repeat every season.

Someone like Tottenham look like they are trying to build something for the long term and to break into the top European bracket and challenge for league titles.