Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

Djemba-Djemba

Alexis won 2 FA cups at arsenal. Look how happy he is over there!
I'm not arguing that winning the FA Cup every year will keep the best players.

I'm arguing finishing top 4 every year and winning nothing won't keep the best players either.

Djemba-Djemba

It's too long to explain but in summary, Sky done an interview with Lukaku and Lukaku said things like he's still a student of the game, he watches videos of the games at home etc. All fairly decent responses as you'd expect, but Neville had to go and microanalysis his answers. It just really felt like Neville was talking for the sake of talking, which he seems to do alot recently. Carragher stepped in and defended Lukaku for his games v Liverpool and Spurs but Neville said he should have done more etc. Just felt like he was being negative for the sake of it.
It's especially annoying when you remember the excuses Gary Neville would make for his pal Wayne Rooney when he'd regularly go weeks without doing anything.

"Silent Domination"

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Imagine if we put a performance in like that. Of course, it'll be forgotten when we are compared to them in a month or so when we similarly scrape a win.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Imagine if we put a performance in like that. Of course, it'll be forgotten when we are compared to them in a month or so when we similarly scrape a win.
Got 3 points in a hard fought game with a depleted team you mean?

Redderp

Important win for Spurs. You need those ugly 1-0 wins to be a contender. It could definitely have been a “trap game” right after beating Real. Palace will be disapointed with their finishing.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood called it a 'title-winning performance' :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Got 3 points in a hard fought game with a depleted team you mean?
We did the same thing against you last week and got slagged off for it.

And that was against a very good team level on points with us, not a team bottom of the table.

Exactly. Spurs were shite but as soon as they beat a team by 3 goals we'll get a flood of "if only we could play like them"

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And you think that there's a possibility that City will put at leat 5 goals past them ? really ?
Absolutely.

You make it seem like Arsenal being battered by 4+ away to a top side is something ludicrous to suggest.

Arsene absolutely loves getting reamed by decent sides.

Here are some of his “worst” defeats, which include some of worst defeats in their entire history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/08/arsene-wengers-humiliating-defeats-arsenal-manager/

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...ene-wenger-8-2-vs-man-united-5-1-vs-liverpool

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-after-champions-league-loss-to-bayern-munich

Lots of duplicates in there, but even so, suggesting that Arsenal could be absolutely battered today is not beyond the realms of possibility, its more than likely in fact.

OneUnited24

Seems that Wenger hasnt got much faith in his £50m man. Thats the second big game where hes not started. Dont blame him, hes been rubbish the games i've seen. Hes got what 3-4 goals so far this season?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But surely the best players don't want to just finish 3rd or 4th their entire career and win nothing?
No player wants to be sat in from of grandkids telling them about the time he finished forth in the league.

Nobody remebers who finished fourth.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Seems that Wenger hasnt got much faith in his £50m man. Thats the second big game where hes not started. Dont blame him, hes been rubbish the games i've seen. Hes got what 3-4 goals so far this season?
5 goals in 10 games.

I'd played him instead of Ozil.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We did the same thing against you last week and got slagged off for it.

And that was against a very good team level on points with us, not a team bottom of the table.
It's all about getting the points in games like that. Can't play great football every week and Palace played well. I'm delighted with the win.

Jagga7

If Palace played in red shirts. I would have thought they were us! Mourinho would have been proud of that performance.

Djemba-Djemba

It's all about getting the points in games like that. Can't play great football every week and Palace played well. I'm delighted with the win.
You should be.

You were shite but you won so why should you care.

My point is more on the media bollocks that follows Utd at the minute. Unless we win 4-0 we're shite apparently.

Redderp

I think most people would be pleased if we did the same after beating Real 3-1. It’s a long season, you can’t avoid ugly 1-0 games. I think Spurs has shown enough in the last couple of years that their fans can celebrate an ugly 1-0 win. It’s also about expectations. We are still a much bigger club and it’s not unreasonable to expect us playing good football in the majority of our games.

Djemba-Djemba

I think most people would be pleased if we did the same after beating Real 3-1. It’s a long season, you can’t avoid ugly 1-0 games. I think Spurs has shown enough in the last couple of years that their fans can celebrate an ugly 1-0 win. It’s also about expectations. We are still a much bigger club and it’s not unreasonable to expect us playing good football in the majority of our games.
We have done.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If Palace played in red shirts. I would have thought they were us! Mourinho would have been proud of that performance.
Give it a rest.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No player wants to be sat in from of grandkids telling them about the time he finished forth in the league.

Nobody remebers who finished fourth.
For big players at big clubs, winning FA Cups isn't far removed from winning nothing. The carabao cup now, that's a real trophy :lol:

Redderp

We have done.
I still think we can and should be able to play more entertaining football with the amount of money we have. We have had some really great moments in the end of games, but we don’t consistently outplay our opponents nor do we have many convincing wins against top teams. I think if we had the same wins as Spurs, like smashing Pool and Real then we wouldn’t be critizised as much.