Premier League Gameweek 16

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think "brings his arm down" is really pushing it and even if it did hit his arm, which is certainly not obvious, it'd be after it comes off of his torso and therefore not a penalty.
The fact the player had his arm in a stupid position is not, in of iteslf, an infringement.
But his arm being in a stupid position is usually what makes penalties like that given, so it arguably is an infringement. When it hits him his arm comes down and knocks the ball to the ground, it stops a cross and changes the flight of the ball. Alright he wasn’t playing basketball but you’re asking for trouble trying to defend a cross like that, we’ve seen them given enough times now to not do that.

Siezard

I'd say he was very good. Considering the quality around him.

Maybe not worth 100 million, but you know, English tax and all that.
Don't think Grealish is worth that amount even with English tax. He has less popularity at City. If he had joined United, he would sell more shirts because he resembled Beckham somewhat.

But at City, the style of play is just so different from him. Grealish is slow while the rest of the team is fast.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Poor performance, shocking refereeing. Clear pen not given, very debatable one given but a win is a win. Grealish form falling off a cliff the last month. Thankfully we have a fully fit KDB and Foden to come back in.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm half-tempted to watch the Liverpool-Villa game - not everyday you get to see an own-goal being scored by the manager.

Ralaks

I love the second yellow, wish more of those were give. Jimenez is an absolute moron for doing that.

Happens so often players are trying to interrupt play this way and hope it will happen more. That and players running away with ball after they make a foul. Instant yellow please.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yes I did. It was one of the games that a team dominates but can’t get the breakthrough due the resilience of the others team defending.
What did you make of the first half handball?

lex talionis

If VAR exists to confirm a correct decision or overturn a clear and obvious error, but fails to do exactly that, in this case a clear and obvious error, one must ask why VAR continues to exist.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think Grealish takes too many unnecessary touches (on the ball).

That's the difference between him and players such as Neymar, Messi and Silva before him.
I mean I do agree -

But again I don't think that these unnecessary touches effect him if he played for United compared to how it does at City.

For City, the whole opposition usually are just sitting deep on a different level and the passes that break open the opposition need to be passed in to the right team mate at the right time.

Its not like at United where its Bruno Fernandes creating the chances and the tempo of the whole team and players like Rashford, Martial, Sancho can focus on taking on their player by making runs at them or runs behind the defenders - the whole man City team is able to do it from De bryune, Gabriel Jesus to Rodri to Zinchenko.

I just don't see Grealish being good there, his game is showered, unable to do his best things whilst it's the same for City- the game is slowed down from Grealish in their teams compared to Sterling and Mahrez or Sane etc.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Wolves with their resources playing like they are Stoke City. They deserve to lose every single time.

I thought Bruno Lage was a progressive manager and a change from Nuno. But it's the same old.

Gator Nate

Wolves aquitted themselves well... Watched most of it, so yeah, I saw it. I saw City scrape a 1-0 win on a pen against ten men.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Would have been very very soft to give it. I don’t think the first yellow for Jimenez is the correct decision either.
No bias there then... was a stonewall peno, as much a peno as the 2nd one wasn't. First yellow for Jimenez looked soft but it was a deemed a tactical foul and the Caf hate to see those not given.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wolves with their resources playing like they are Stoke City. They deserve to lose every single time.

I thought Bruno Lage was a progressive manager and a change from Nuno. But it's the same old.
They started the season playing great football but struggled badly, I think the tactical change is because they are incapable of scoring goals.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
They started the season playing great football but struggled badly, I think the tactical change is because they are incapable of scoring goals.
That may be, but this is anti-football at best. Same thing against Liverpool last week.
Whatever others may think, but the best way to get a result against City is to counter them with fast transition. That sitting with 10 man on the penalty area might work with Liverpool but not City.

cyberman

Wolves player can have his arm where he wants as long as it doesn’t hit his arm which it didn’t.
Feck me Moss

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Also, to the bolded point, Brighton has the same issue. But I have never seen Potter playing anti-football. In fact, they played superbly at Anfield.

TheLiverBird

Shocking penalty

in no way should that be a penalty

we have VAR to quash these incidents out, oh wait

unbelievable

mu4c_20le

Did you watch the game?
Wolves defended brilliantly even with 10 men and had a few chances themselves. They deserved to get something out of the game, instead they got screwed over.

Oh well, don't really care if you win it, still better than the vermin or the chavs.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Healthy Lukaku benched against struggling Leeds. I think Tuchel has lost hope with him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Don't think Grealish is worth that amount even with English tax. He has less popularity at City. If he had joined United, he would sell more shirts because he resembled Beckham somewhat.

But at City, the style of play is just so different from him. Grealish is slow while the rest of the team is fast.
Best case scenario, there was always going to be a ramp up period for Grealish.

If he's like this next season then yeah sure he's a flop. Odds of that are very low.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Healthy Lukaku benched against struggling Leeds. I think Tuchel has lost hope with him.

That's a strange one. If you've got Lukaku, the only place he definitely does have some value is games like being at home to Leeds.

JeffFromHK

Man City wins the game with a controversial penalty with a man advantage for 54 minutes. What a shame.

paulscholes18

Aubameyang Arsenal career is as good as over it see after bunking off training, not for the first time either

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So are we expecting Stevie me to bend over for pool? Easy 3-0 win.

Bearded One

Shocking penalty

in no way should that be a penalty

we have VAR to quash these incidents out, oh wait

unbelievable
We all did. It's wasn't a pen. Clear as day there is studio
Man City wins the game with a controversial penalty with a man advantage for 54 minutes. What a shame.
It was not a penalty and they got their win from that controversial decision which I would be disappointed with if I was a Wolves fan but to be honest City had three clear penalty decisions denied them so I think, all things considered, that was fair.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
At least it gives hope to the rest of the league that they’re not unbeatable. Not very convincing at all. I’m assuming no one is rooting for them to keep others from winning the league anymore.