Premier League Gameweek 16

TheLord

I think it is quite consistent : the VAR folks didn’t see enough to overturn the on field referee’s decision. Looks like arm+arm pit.

Ralaks

The refereeing in the premier league is absolutely embarrassing. I swear the level is often higher in the 2nd best danish division when I watch my local team

saivet

If you have to watch a replay 20 times then it’s not conclusive. Absolutely ridiculous.
That's the point to be fair. If they don't deem it as conclusive they just go with the on field decision from the ref.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Some are still doing mental gymnastics to defend that, its not a penalty, City been gifted that.

SAFMUTD

It was the armpit but fecking Moutinho going with his arms all the way up, as stupid as it gets.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I just don't get how the FA could fine Wolves for now talking about this.

This needs to be brought up - you can't have VAR and make such an obviously biased choice.

vodrake

He’s never been anything special in his career, I really didn’t understand where the hype came from.
Media created a massive hype train about him when they wanted to get him in to the England team that people bought into, then he got in the team and everyone realised that he was nothing close to what he'd been built up to be

TheLord

I don't get it. How's he denying City any advantage ? Had his arm been beside his body it would have hit it. Such a weird decision
But it wasn’t. We have seen it almost consistently that when the ball hits the adducted arm, the decision is a penalty.

IhabX7

Let’s see if Klopp goes after city like he did against us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I dunno, it did hit his arm eventually with his arm raised, so it makes sense to me.
I always thought if it hit body and bounced onto arm they were told not to give it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Grealish :lol: ... been taking finishing classes with Jesus

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m surprised to see so many saying it’s not a pen, he has his arm in an unnatural position, then brings it down when the ball comes toward him. He needs to keep his arms down and step his body up to the ball in that position I thought.

Dec9003

Great clearance by Grealish.

cj_sparky

I just don't get how the FA could fine Wolves for now talking about this.

This needs to be brought up - you can't have VAR and make such an obviously biased choice.
There has to be a clear and obvious error, I don't think it was a penalty. But if a VAR official watches it over a dozen times and still isn't 100% certain, then how can he overturn an on field decision.

If Moss hadn't given it, I don't see VAR telling him to give it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Grealish has the benefit of, not only being English and a clear fan/media favourite, of not exactly being a great, or renowned, assists player or goalscorer.
He just needed to be 'fancy' with his dribbling or produce the occasional silky skill.
So the expectations on him were kinda middle ground ,in that regard, even before he joined City.
Christ, all we got throughout the Euro's was how great he was at falling over and winning freekicks. :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
At least City fans will be upset today. They’re only happy when they can pretend there’s an agenda against them.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Grealish is absolute dross. I was way wrong about this signing as I thought he’d go up a level and Pep would cut out his theatrics and encourage him to stay on his feet and run at defences. He’s got even worse. He hits the deck every single time he gets touched regardless of force. He seems content winning free kicks all day as opposed to wanting to proceed onto the next man after beating someone. It’s so bizarre.

Sviken

At least City fans will be upset today. They’re only happy when they can pretend there’s an agenda against them.
Are these the most delusional feckers when it comes to football? Even RAWK-ites are not that far gone.

Fingeredmouse

I’m surprised to see so many saying it’s not a pen, he has his arm in an unnatural position, then brings it down when the ball comes toward him. He needs to keep his arms down and step his body up to the ball in that position I thought.
I'm astonished that anyone thinks it is a penalty.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Grealish has the benefit of, not only being English and a clear fan/media favourite, of not exactly being a great, or renowned, assists player or goalscorer.
He just needed to be 'fancy' with his dribbling or produce the occasional silky skill.
So the expectations on him were kinda middle ground ,in that regard, even before he joined City.
Christ, all we got throughout the Euro's was how great he was at falling over and winning freekicks. :lol:
This might seem like an excuse but honestly he just doesn't seem like a City possesion player, I think some people were questioning this before.

It's a bit like Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Barcelona, just didn't fit the tactics and flow of the team.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Grealish gets so many excuses made for him, he was bought for a 100m, lets all remember that, he's not been at all near half or even quarter of that. He's been poor if we are being honest, still time to turn it around of course but he's been nothing special at all.
Glad its not just me that thinks this.

mu4c_20le

Should've followed your heart Jacky boy, and waited for the Rangnick revolution.

Dec9003

I'm astonished that anyone thinks it is a penalty.
Why though? It’s not news that you can’t defend a cross with your arms in the air, then when it hits that body part it tends to be given. I can’t understand why he had his arms like that

Fingeredmouse

Why though? It’s not news that you can’t defend a cross with your arms in the air, then when it hits that body part it tends to be given. I can’t understand why he had his arms like that
Because the position of his arm is irrelevant when the ball didn't hit his arm.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This might seem like an excuse but honestly he just doesn't seem like a City possesion player, I think some people were questioning this before.

It's a bit like Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Barcelona, just didn't fit the tactics and flow of the team.
I think Grealish takes too many unnecessary touches (on the ball).

That's the difference between him and players such as Neymar, Messi and Silva before him.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
No one mentioning how poor Grealish has been these last few weeks? Wouldn't hear the end of it from the British media if £100 million was spent on a foreign player