Premier League Gameweek 2

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You wonder if Spurs will get a sending off the more frustrated they get.
Walker Peters will get away once more with a good chance and sterling will get the second yellow pulling him back. That's my prediction.

Lamela is shit. One goal and feck all contribution. This is not spurs strongest starting line up. This is on Poch. I'm sure he'll change it as he is damn lucky the game is not out of sight already.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Where is Spurs' central midfield during their buildup? They're outnumbered in their own half at certain moments.
Silva and the fullbacks are tucking in at times. Then City are pressing with a front 4 including KDB. It's not easy to play against.

Fooza

City made Spurs look completely average, that takes some doing. Kane isn't suited to playing them, they need a Vardy to run behind the city defenders.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Walker Peters will get away once more with a good chance and sterling will get the second yellow pulling him back. That's my prediction.

Lamela is shit. One goal and feck all contribution. This is not spurs strongest starting line up. This is on Poch. I'm sure he'll change it as he is damn lucky the game is not out of sight already.
If he doesn't make a change it will just be how much pity City show them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Oh and this game is a perfect example of what I'm talking about when it's Kane vs Sterling. The latter plays in a team who are in a different stratosphere in terms of creativity & chance creation.

That ball from De Bruyne to him was absolutely unreal and he's getting that every single fecking game. Kane is up there getting zero service and not even seeing the ball, and when he does we don't play to his strengths and play like we're going with Son up top. Not a single ball in to the box for him.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Just watched the last 25 minutes of the first half. Totally one sided, city are playing amazing.

Classical Mechanic

Yea, i were to advise Pochettino, I will take out Lamela for lo Celso. Lo Celso is excellent at bringing the ball forward from defense. I will also bring in Moura for maybe Eriksen or Sissoko
Lamela scored but it was a bad goalkeeping error but he's such a poor decision maker generally and holds on to the ball too long.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All credit to Guardiola. This team has reached new levels in the PL, and pretty much exclusively down to him. The impact he has on this team is the real advantage. I reckon United would need to have a team of individuals about 25% better than the City individuals in order to be the better team.
I've said it many times. No other manager on this planet gets this team playing this well consistently.

Tostao_80

When it comes to levels, dominance and absolute quality, there has never been a better team domestically in England than this City team. We were told that he couldnt replicate Barca and Bayerns domestic dominance. Put it this way, he is more dominant domestically than he was with Xavi, Ini and Messi. Incredible.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh and this game is a perfect example of what I'm talking about when it's Kane vs Sterling. The latter plays in a team who are in a different stratosphere in terms of creativity & chance creation.

That ball from De Bruyne to him was absolutely unreal and he's getting that every single fecking game. Kane is up there getting zero service and not even seeing the ball, and when he does we don't play to his strengths and play like we're going with Son up top. Not a single ball in to the box for him.
All of that is on Poch. All of it.

Robbie Boy

Liverpool look dodgy at the back this year but remain ruthless in front of goal.

City look, well, on another level. Would you be surprised if they went the entire season unbeaten?
I think City will run away with it by a bigger margin than last season but going the whole season unbeaten is too tough an ask, I feel.

Liverpool are seriously reliant on Mane tbh. Salah despite scoring a fair few last season looks miles from the player he was in 17/18.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

So what you're saying is that Sterling is better. Gotcha.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Lamela is the one criticism I have of Pochettino and his time here.

95% of the time I'm spent in absolute frustration whenever he gets the ball. Just a completely brainless player who gets away with it because he has the odd run where the fans get excited, and does well in pre-season. Oh and because he runs around a lot.

Gets far too much game time for us, and the worst bit is that jammy goal will be used as justification to start again in the future. Should never be a starting XI player, he's fine off the bench offering energy but that's all.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
City made Spurs look completely average, that takes some doing. Kane isn't suited to playing them, they need a Vardy to run behind the city defenders.
Kane has probably touched the ball twice this whole game. Ndombele is not up to speed and fitness yet, Winks is ok I guess, Dier, Wanyama injured, so they relying on Sissoko down that right channel to move the ball up the pitch. Alli injured or something? He is usually good under the press.

Irwin99

The difference in quality between City and the rest is ridiculous. They will dominate for years with this side. Liverpool have done outstandingly well just to compete with them.

BlueHaze

Lamela is the one criticism I have of Pochettino and his time here.

95% of the time I'm spent in absolute frustration whenever he gets the ball. Just a completely brainless player who gets away with it because he has the odd run where the fans get excited, and does well in pre-season. Oh and because he runs around a lot.

Gets far too much game time for us, and the worst bit is that jammy goal will be used as justification to start again in the future. Should never be a starting XI player, he's fine off the bench offering energy but that's all.
Isn't Moura half injured and Son suspended? Who would he start if not Lamela?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I think City will run away with it by a bigger margin than last season but going the whole season unbeaten is too tough an ask, I feel.

Liverpool are seriously reliant on Mane tbh. Salah despite scoring a fair few last season looks miles from the player he was in 17/18.
That's... not saying much, is it? :D

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
All of that is on Poch. All of it.
He hasn't got it right today, that's true.

But aside from that the intensity in our play just isn't there full stop, our midfield is non-existent and being cancelled out of the game by Guardiola's setup.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Isn't Moura half injured and Son suspended? Who would he start if not Lamela?
Throwing in Lo Celso at the deep end might be a bit much .. but I doubt he would do any worse. Is Lucas half injured? Haven't seen anything about that.

passing-wind

City are just the most dominant team in English football. It's not disgrace that Tottenham are getting battered.

Was amoungst a conversation with an Arsenal fan during the week and he mentioned that prime United was difficult to catch because even being ahead domestically we would strengthen further and it was impossible for rivals to catch up. It's funny how football works in cycles as we are witnessing this very strategy with city.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What's Lo Celso's best position?
Central midfield, but can also play more advanced and has been used out wide for Argentina.

In any case, just a player who doesn't guarantee losing it 90% of the time it comes to him would be nice. Lamela loves running in to brick walls, it's like his party trick.

BlueHaze

Throwing in Lo Celso at the deep end might be a bit much .. but I doubt he would do any worse. Is Lucas half injured? Haven't seen anything about that.
I might be wrong about Lucas but I think I read somewhere he got a minor knock in training though I'm not sure. He's on the bench which makes me suspect it's true because I think Poch would otherwise start him. But yeah, I find it really odd he's started Winks and Sissoko ahead of Lo Celso these two games. Odd decision that.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
When it comes to levels, dominance and absolute quality, there has never been a better team domestically in England than this City team. We were told that he couldnt replicate Barca and Bayerns domestic dominance. Put it this way, he is more dominant domestically than he was with Xavi, Ini and Messi. Incredible.
I agree. No team in the PL era comes close to them. They’ve taken over the league and Manchester in such a short period of time as well. I still can’t get my head around other supporters still rooting for them to stop Lfc from winning the league. City are going to walk it easily.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was thinking same thing, but they have it, not as visible as AIA, but is there.
Wow, can’t believe it’s not showing up through my iPhone. I wouldn’t be too pleased if I was an actual sponsor paying actual money to a club if the logo blended so thoroughly into the kit color.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s fecking cringe, like I’m all for giving credit but he’s spent the whole half wanking himself over them. No talk about spurs....
He's a bit like that with Pool too. I think he goes above and beyond with them to prove he's not biased. He's also overly critical of United at times too. 50/50 calls he'll say should have gone to the other team etc.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I might be wrong about Lucas but I think I read somewhere he got a minor knock in training though I'm not sure. He's on the bench which makes me suspect it's true because I think Poch would otherwise start him. But yeah, I find it really odd he's started Winks and Sissoko ahead of Lo Celso these two games. Odd decision that.
Probably a minor strain or something and a precaution as it is so early in the campaign. Dont want to risk losing him for a month or two when every team that goes to City are going to get smashed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I agree. No team in the PL era comes close to them. They’ve taken over the league and Manchester in such a short period of time as well. I still can’t get my head around other supporters still rooting for them to stop Lfc from winning the league. City are going to walk it easily.
Second place & CL spots might be all to play for this season if Citeh don’t suffer major injuries.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Central midfield, but can also play more advanced and has been used out wide for Argentina.

In any case, just a player who doesn't guarantee losing it 90% of the time it comes to him would be nice. Lamela loves running in to brick walls, it's like his party trick.
May as well throw him in the midfield in place of winks who looks out of his depth.

Eriksen could raise his pressing game a level or 2 as well. He looks lethargic today.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think we will have to wait for Pep to leave City to be able to even think of competing with them. Or the UEFA investigations reveal the extent of fake accounting numbers and FA throws them out.
My guess is Pep wins all domestic competitions next 3 years straight with a few CLs and then leaves to save his beloved Barcelona when Messi retires.