Premier League Gameweek 2

Hoof the ball

Case in point.

Well coached team players a tactically great half, but individual quality superiority negates a bad performance with a goal.

Sometimes as a weaker team your good tactical work is nullified by the above...

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Was about to say that barring a freak error or moment of genius, Spurs aren't getting anything out of this. Then, that happened.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Pogba pull off such a decisive trick for United :lol:
He's done it loads. Unfortunately, unlike Son, our forwards haven't made the most of Pogba creating that opportunity for them.

Superunknown

I still think Southampton will win this. Can see them scoring two more in the second half. Maybe even an Ings hattrick.

(I need the fantasy points)

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Son is a great player, great output, good work ethic

acnumber9

That's a great finish from that angle. Southampton are looking like quite a decent side. Not easy to play against.
They play 4-4-2 as well. Just like Palace yesterday. It’s funny because for years I’ve been reading that it’s a dead formation only used by dinosaurs.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
There was a deflection on that Son finish I think, came off the sliding Saints defender's foot.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's done it loads. Unfortunately, unlike Son, our forwards haven't made the most of Pogba creating that opportunity for them.
Yes, that’s probably a fairer analysis. Either way, I watched that Spurs goal with a feeling of extreme jealousy. On paper, we have players capable of producing similar plays but, more often than not, we do not look dynamic at all.

Leonzo1

Lo Celso in for Ndombele. This guy really rubs Mourinho the wrong way does he?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes, that’s probably a fairer analysis. Either way, I watched that Spurs goal with a feeling of extreme jealousy. On paper, we have players capable of producing similar plays but, more often than not, we do not look dynamic at all.
The Southampton goal made me feel like that. That Ings first touch :drool:

fps

I put Son in my top 5 players in the PL in the other thread and absolutely stand by it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Maybe, but to achieve that level of tactical fluidity and that level of automation with inferior players is a testimony to the quality of the coaching. Take the same quality of coaching and apply it to a set of better players and we'd have a much, much more fluid system than we have now.
Tactical fluidity isn't the be all and end all of football, though. Soton weren't tactically fluid against a very well drilled Palace side last week and neither were we.

As I say that, Spurs have scored another. Being tactically fluid up top means feck all.