Premier League Gameweek 2

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Spurs tearing Southampton apart by creating space, running of the ball, playing swift passes forward. Simple. Everything we didn't do (yesterday and for large parts of last season).

My guess is we'll make Saints' defence and high line look brilliant

Guy Incognito

Difference between the two sides is that Spurs have Son, who is top quality, and Southampton have Adams. Could do with getting another attacking player in to compliment Ings, as Adams looks like he'll need 7+ chances before he scores.
Kane, Son and Bale will have moments of magic that will ultimately prove the difference in most games this season.

acnumber9

This game reminds me of the argument I had about Kane being a better passer than Martial. Fun times.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yep. He used to be deceptively rapid, but now is more of a second striker, or 9.5 if anything. Still a goalscoring machine though, just with loads of assists added to it.

On a side note, this is why I didn’t criticise Merson for what he said. Kane over Martial any day of the week. If Ole wants British players, acquire the best one.

Edit: Holy shit, 4 assists now, all to Son. World class duo.
Someone thinks Martial is better than Kane? As deluded as some of our government ministers...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wow thats all about Kane there. Imagine the possibilities with Bale in there too. Incredibly exciting

Superunknown

Kane and Son's linkup play is fantastic. But Southampton's defending is suicidal. I can't understand what they're trying to do there. Terrible defending today. Reckless.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Son and Kane doing what great forwards do. Three assists for one, three goals for the other. No excuses about how it’s Spurs dodgy midfields fault that they can’t score or create.
Can't wait to see us struggle to break down Southampton...

PoTMS

You just know we'll lose 1-0 to this pathetic Southampton defence when it comes to playing them.

Wilt

Thank god I put Kane and Son in my fantasy team :D

hang on a minute ...no I didn’t :(

RoyH1

The next time someone types that the PL has the best defending, I'll send him a link to Spurs vs Southampton. Schoolboy defending.

alexthelion

Can't wait to see us struggle to break down Southampton...
Our forwards never have made those runs, even before Ole became manager, they're just not that type of player.

Maybe we should be looking at improving our forwards as well as midfield and defence.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
To think in the first half I was considering swapping Son out of FF as I thought he wouldn't get enough chances due to the style Spurs were playing. Although that said, Saints have handed it to them in ways not many teams will.

Anustart89

The next time someone types that the PL has the best defending, I'll send him a link to Spurs vs Southampton. Schoolboy defending.
And imagine people watching videos of Sancho and commenting that "you don't get that kind of space in the PL" :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

As I said earlier, Kane enjoys dropping off and linking play as we've seen, especially in the second half. Going forward, Jose should go with a 4222, with Kane and Son uptop.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And imagine people watching videos of Sancho and commenting that "you don't get that kind of space in the PL" :lol:
Indeed. Like the PL has some magical level of defending. If we were playing vs Spurd yesterday, we'd have been losing with the same. The defending can be very shambolic for some teams

acnumber9

Our forwards never have made those runs, even before Ole became manager, they're just not that type of player.

Maybe we should be looking at improving our forwards as well as midfield and defence.
Some people don’t understand that there is so much more to being a great striker than ability.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As I said earlier, Kane enjoys dropping off and linking play as we've seen, especially in the second half. Going forward, Jose should go with a 4222, with Kane and Son uptop.
The only English team that's made that work is City, and that's because they had Nasri and Silva as the two behind Aguero/Tevez, Dzeko/Balotelli/Negredo

Spurs have the two up top, and Bale would be a good inside forward behind them, but who would be the other? Lucas?

Hoof the ball

Think Reguilon is going to be massive for them. Never underestimate the impact of a full-back who can attack and hold a high and wide position. Think Spurs with the addition of Bale and Reguilon will be a huge challenge for us; let alone Chelsea or Arsenal.