Premier League Gameweek 2

Superunknown

Southampton after halftime have been an absolute state. Haven't coped since Son scored just before the half ended.

Enigma_87

You know who
To be fair, they have hoofed it up to Kane and Son and it's worked. Soton are very naive.
They have been fantastic in the second half. Easily the best I’ve seen from a team since the restart.

Granted very poor half but made changes and turned the game on it’s head.

C3Pique

This game just shows the impact that match fitness has this early in the season. I don't think Saints are this bad a team, they just look shot since half time. Hasenhuttl was bemoaning their fitness in the pre match presser.

I think we're going to keep seeing some weird scorelines until the fitness levels have equalised across the league.

starman

Some of these games are bizarre so far, I wonder if you see same type if there were a crowd, it seems like teams are playing less cautious.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This game just shows the impact that match fitness has this early in the season. I don't think Saints are this bad a team, they just look shot since half time. Hasenhuttl was bemoaning their fitness in the pre match presser.

I think we're going to keep seeing some weird scorelines until the fitness levels have equalised across the league.
The season will be more about fitness than ever.

Walters_19_MuFc

The only English team that's made that work is City, and that's because they had Nasri and Silva as the two behind Aguero/Tevez, Dzeko/Balotelli/Negredo

Spurs have the two up top, and Bale would be a good inside forward behind them, but who would be the other? Lucas?
I'd go with more of a midfielder. A lopsided 442, if you like, that we saw under Sir Alex

Rooney Tevez
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Hargreaves

Ronaldo who had a free role, with Hargreaves tucking in to make a three.

I'd play something like:

Son Kane
Sissokho Winks Lo Celso Bale (free role)

90 + 5min

I really feel sorry for Southampton goalkeeper. There is no help whatsoever from those infront of him. It is like motorway for Tottenham players.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The season has started too soon IMO. Should have been October.

FireballXL5

This season is going to be ruined by ridiculous handball decisions. Never a pen. 2-5

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
There are gong to be about 1,000 penalties this season at this rate. Stupid decision. Refs need to use common sense

Walters_19_MuFc

They have been fantastic in the second half. Easily the best I’ve seen from a team since the restart.

Granted very poor half but made changes and turned the game on it’s head.
They have been fantasticI. 'm not taking that away from them, but when I say Soton have been defensively naive, I feel they played right into Spurs' hands i.e. playing a high line. The amount of times they've got in behind is worrying.

Dudu

Kane and Son.

Two players I've wanted at United for years :(

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'd go with more of a midfielder. A lopsided 442, if you like, that we saw under Sir Alex

Rooney Tevez
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Hargreaves

Ronaldo who had a free role, with Hargreaves tucking in to make a three.

I'd play something like:

Son Kane
Sissokho Winks Lo Celso Bale (free role)
I get ya. Though, for me, I'd have Giggsy in place of Owen, but I digress!

Enigma_87

You know who
They have been fantasticI. 'm not taking that away from them, but when I say Soton have been defensively naive, I feel they played right into Spurs' hands i.e. playing a high line. The amount of times they've got in behind is worrying.
Yeah true that. With Bale(if he manages to regain some form) could be the best team in the counter, especially with Jose as manager.

They will still have problems breaking some teams down but against higher line or when in space are sight to see.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Some people don’t understand that there is so much more to being a great striker than ability.
I actually ventured as far (some time last year) of suggesting selling Martial and rashford if it guaranteed getting a world-class finisher. I gave examples of Ruud, Kane and Ronaldo, all of which of course were pie in the sky, but people should have been able to get my drift. They didn't...