Premier League Gameweek 2

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What exactly is Havertzs strengths?
I have only seen him a handful of times but certainly the game and a half for Chelsea so far he has been anonymous.
He looks light weight, has a poor touch, looks low in confidence.

Cloud7

I hope Chelsea lose. Feck them and their successful transfer window.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Depends on whether you think that Mané would've 'obviously' got the ball under control and smashed it in from 30 yards in the time-frame between him being tackled and Kepa clearing the ball.
No that is not correct. He only had to get to the ball first.

Fooza

I personally don't think that's a red. Mane doesn't even have possession of the ball, nor was he definitely favourite to get it... But he can't really complain
Mane was most certainly favourite to get that, look at the angle.

Chief123

Havertz will get dragged off. He’s offered nothing with 11 men. Will offer even less with 10 (If that’s possible).

Denis79

Red card every day of the week except today, because it went in Liverpools favour. I'm still analyzing the red card, I'm sure I'll find something to complain about.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't think it was arrogant at all. It works in rugby that way; a tv on the side is not needed.

It works in rugby because their VAR refs are not afraid to disagree with the onfield referee. That was the main issue last season in the Premier League: the VAR refs were too reluctant to disagree with the referee's decision.
We'd just seen VAR work very well in an international tournament, but the premier league thought they knew better.
The fact they've changed it shows they know they'd dropped a Christensen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thats only because Liverpool play such a high line. Like their last game, Chelsea are resorting to sitting back and hoofing it up for a counter. Completely different than last season where they tried to outplay their opponents with fluid football.
Chelsea's football will be better once everyone is fit and ready. Having 2 new players in attack and a shit Mount doesn't help

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Chelsea will need to bring on Abraham or Giroud early in the second half to have someone that can hold the ball up with Werner always looking to run in behind. They're going to get run over if they just bring on a CB for Mount or Havertz.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty poor first half all round. Only positive is no clear chances conceded.

Tactically look totally different team to last year.

Clear red card, no idea what Christensen thinking there. Only hope is teams getting levelled up with Liverpool mistake somewhere.

GameOn

Werner really is such an overhyped player.

Outside of being really fast, he's average or below average in all other aspects (first touch, technique, finishing etc.).

As for the "but he scored 28 Bundesliga goals last season" crowd: Yes, but it was an outlier in his career and even guys like Stefan Kießing etc. had seasons where they scored 25+ goals there.

There is a reason Bayern and Liverpool didn't seriously go after him and why he's been poor in his national team so far. Pure system player.

LVGSdive

Nah, just a really dumb foul as the last man. Nothing malicious, just stupid and clumsy.
Looking at it from the reverse view Christensen couldn't really do much. He was sprinting then Mane moves to the left in front of where Christiensen was running. There wasn't much he could do to avoid running into Mane at that point. I'm not so sure it's a red card anymore because Mane changes his running angle as opposed to Christensen just pulling him down as it looks like from the side camera shot.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not looking so successful so far. Wouldn’t be surprised if they spent another £200m before Oct 5th.
well, it is only the 2nd game of the season afterall, and only 2 of the signings are playing

MDFC Manager

Outside of being really fast, he's average or below average in all other aspects (first touch, technique, finishing etc.).

As for the "but he scored 28 Bundesliga goals last season" crowd: Yes, but it was an outlier in his career and even guys like Stefan Kießing etc. had seasons were they scored 25+ goals there.

There is a reason Bayern and Liverpool didn't seriously go after him and why he's been poor in his national team so far. Pure system player.
Not seen a whole lot of him, but his first touch, under no pressure, has been quite horrifying.

Chief123

As for the "but he scored 28 Bundesliga goals last season" crowd: Yes, but it was an outlier in his career and even guys like Stefan Kießing etc. had seasons were they scored 25+ goals there.

I will not be surprised if Chelsea are in the hunt for a striker next summer. Werner is looking very one dimensional.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope Chelsea lose. Feck them and their successful transfer window.
How successful has it been so far?
Havertz and Werner look super average, and the others haven't got near the pitch yet.

GameOn

Not seen a whole lot of him, but his first touch, under no pressure, has been quite horrifying.
It's actually baffling how some fans rate him so high.

He's probably the most one-dimensional player I've ever seen on that level. Take away his speed and he'll do absolutely nothing all game long.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Oh god Thiago is coming on, this is going to be sickening to watch :(

Chief123

It's actually baffling how some fans rate him so high.

He's probably the most one-dimensional player I've ever seen on that level. Take away his speed and he'll do absolutely nothing all game long.
What would be concerning is his terrible effort and putting a simple cross into the net (even though it was offside).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're full of shot as usual!
I genuinely think we're as annoyed as any Chelsea fan at how you've thrown this game!

Thought you might be one of the few teams who could just stop them winning one game!

Fooza

The hell was thiago doing their with Klopps double, gladiator drills?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

He's Immobile 2.0, extremely dangerous in certain systems, unbelievable at exploiting opponents' high defensive line, often fairly clinical and presses well. But there isn't much else to either of their games and they tend to struggle in more closed games.