Premier League Gameweek 23-24

Denis79

Aguero gives City the lead. The guy is brilliant.
Remember a while back when there were roumors Aguero was leaving City and I laughed and said it would idiotic if they sold him. Some poster on here went on a rant, called me names, pointed outhow poor my football knowledge was and how City would be even stronger better without him. Ha!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Remember a while back when there were roumors Aguero was leaving City and I laughed and said it would idiotic if they sold him. Some poster on here went on a rant, called me names, pointed outhow poor my football knowledge was and how City would be even stronger better without him. Ha!
He's ruthless. That is hard to buy.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Was that the totalvoetball or totalfootball guy? He spent ages arguing with everyone how Aguero was done, couldn't play for Pep and Jesus was superior in every way...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If we beat Toon, big if because we sometimes struggle up in the gods of SJP, and Liverpool beat Utd, im going to start feeling top 4 is almost ours. gap would be 8 pts

Traub

We're away to Liverpool. Nobody expects us to get anything there, so those teams dropping points (bar City) is good news.
Liverpool have won the league already though. So City spiralling with Pep eventually leaving May be a positive from this season.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Could’ve took all 3 points at the end there but a point away from home is welcomed :devil: the journey continues

prateik

We're away to Liverpool. Nobody expects us to get anything there, so those teams dropping points (bar City) is good news.
Yeah. Liverpool away is easily the toughest fixture of the season at the moment.

Spurs dropped points. Wolves won. Sheff Utd dropped points.. Pretty decent day so far.

Need Chelsea to drop 2 or 3 points... and in an ideal world, Leicester to lose tomorrow.. though that looks highly unlikely.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Under Silva if we deserved to lose a game we would have lost it. We deserved to lose today so a point isn’t as bad as it looks. Performance on the other hand was really poor.

I feel sorry for Kean too. Lad is trying really hard but he’s just...not very good.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I never thought I would ever say what I'm about to say but I'm actually quite frustrated Kante has walked back into the side.

In our current system Kovacic and even Barkley have been better for team balance against teams that sit and try to frustrate us.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Aguero has a good chance of beating Rooney's record if this form continues into next season. :(

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If Chelsea fail to win later this will be a great weekend for United. Assuming a likely loss tomorrow we wont lose too much ground in anyone else

ariveded

Eddie Howe should get lots of criticism, he gets far too much praise for being a young English manager. He is at fault for this bad season....

norm87cro

Pep is very very overrated and he can't pick a back 4 or a goal keeper to save his life. And the worst thing is getting behind him and his bandwagon of mercenaries but their ineptitude in defence is really the difference between them and the Dippers (this season at least) and the table does not lie. I had to let it out.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Relax even if we win, theres no title race, you've been champions for the last month.
Even if there's still the slightest chance I still consider you our biggest threat I just want yous out the way ASAP. So I'll cheer any points dropped, my worry was with Laporte coming back, the momentum from Villa and you's going on a winning streak from now until end of season just to keep us on our toes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Even if there's still the slightest chance I still consider you our biggest threat I just want yous out the way ASAP. So I'll cheer any points dropped, my worry was with Laporte coming back, the momentum from Villa and you's going on a winning streak from now until end of season just to keep us on our toes.
I remember feeling like that too, in our 100 point season until March, I was all like I wouldn't rule out United under Jose. It gets easier, last season I was more relaxed in the run in vs you guys even though we had to be perfect. You haven't lost in 13 months and you need to lose 7 times now for us to pass you. Enjoy it, its better for the blood pressure. Next season will be tougher.

redshaw

Great win by Wolves.

Hope we can get a point or three tomorrow to just keep them at bay.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
If Chelsea fail to win later this will be a great weekend for United. Assuming a likely loss tomorrow we wont lose too much ground in anyone else
Even if you lose to one of your rivals it would be a great weekend?

norm87cro

I think that without a midfield even a 0 2 defeat wouldn't spell disaster at this point let alone getting something from that game. And I really hate saying that but I believe lots of United fans share my opinion.

Lee565

Ole has been real lucky, those wins over spurs and man city brought him a lot of time but the reality is they mean very little when you look at both spurs and man city's form since those wins against them, both teams are producing results well below expected standards.

hubbuh

In terms of us not losing ground on top 4, yes. No one should be cryin' like a momma's boy following a loss with Pogba, McTominay and potentially Rashford out.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Our best players are injured and this is the best Liverpool team in well over 30 years versus maybe the worst United team in 30 years.

We expect nothing and the best we can hope for us others around us drop points.

Paul_Scholes18

Come on Newcastle! I still can't see us getting top 4 with Rashfords injury problems although want the hope around for now.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Why would this even need to be explained?

In a weekend with top 4 finely in the balance, United have a game away against a team that hasn’t lost in forever. We have a punchers chance but that’s it.

Literally the only thing that matters is that teams around us don’t gain much ground or get away from us, and we are one match away from that being a guarantee.

Doesn’t need explain but feel like this is a pool fans way of getting us to admit we are inferior at present!

Paul_Scholes18

Why would this even need to be explained?

In a weekend with top 4 finely in the balance, United have a game away against a team that hasn’t lost in forever. We have a punchers chance but that’s it.

Literally the only thing that matters is that teams around us don’t gain much ground or get away from us, and we are one match away from that being a guarantee.

Doesn’t need explain but feel like this is a pool fans way of getting us to admit we are inferior at present!
If Liverpool beats us it is a crap weakend. Don't care about what our rivals do if that is the case.

prateik

This Liverpool side is better than the current United at full strength.. Take out our 2 best midfielders (Pog, McT) and take out easily our best striker and factor in our clear lack of squad depth. This is not even a contest.

All I want is to get out of it with no injuries..

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If Liverpool beats us it is a crap weakend. Don't care about what our rivals do if that is the case.
You have to have perspective outside of this weekend mate! It’s an almost certain loss on form and I still want top four on the table come the midweek games.

If arsenal get something at Chelsea and united beat Burnley at home, a tight loss to Liverpool tomorrow will soon be forgotten.