Premier League Gameweek 24 (20th - 22nd Jan 2018)

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
OK seriously, is it pronounced kanté or Contay?

I say Kanté but every commentator says it differently

Needham

Not a dive. Bakayoko clipped his heel. Maybe not a pen, but certainly not a dive and 100% not a premeditated dive.
Are you also in the parallel universe?
He ran from behind him knowing their trajectories were going to bring them into collision then brought his back leg across to achieve a deliberate clip. I want Brighton to score, too, but he was taking the piss there, albeit apparently convincingly to some.

Javi

Bakayoko, Kante and Batshuayi passing numbers must look dreadful.

Nick7

He ran from behind him knowing their trajectories were going to bring them into collision then brought his back leg across to achieve a deliberate clip. I want Brighton to score, too, but he was taking the piss there, albeit apparently convincingly to some.
:lol: it wasn't a dive.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The only time I've seen Chelsea turn up this season was against us at Stamford Bridge.

Javi

Batshuayi must be driving his team mates nuts, greedy brainless player.
Agreed. I wonder if this is due to him being 2nd choice atm or rather by nature. Haven't seen him play at Marseille.

Pagh Wraith

OK seriously, is it pronounced kanté or Contay?

I say Kanté but every commentator says it differently
https://de.forvo.com/word/n'golo_kanté/#fr

It's really not that difficult. Though English speakers always struggle with producing e (short or long) sounds at the end of words.

Kante and Conte really sound quite different. But English commentators are mispronouncing both.

AshRK

Good to see roman has atlast spend some money, maybe not on players but on refs. good job roman

Nick7

You are bang on and it was the laughing emoticon that convinced me.
I'm not trying to convince you, you've already convinced yourself and are stubborn enough to make up a little story to go along with that. I'm just laughing at that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This is the reason chelsea will be in top 4. I can see them picking form now and going on a winning run. They were quite lucky that they didn't lose games when they were playing like shit. Also, quite surprising why Conte doesn't trust Batshuayi more considering how average morata has been. Maybe this could be the game.
Who will miss out?

Javi

Moss opting for not getting killed there with Hazard's shout.

Sandyman

HT. Brighton 0 - 2 Chelsea. If only they started playing from the 1st minute instead of the 10th. Moss getting booed.

Needham

I'm not trying to convince you, you've already convinced yourself and are stubborn enough to make up a little story to go along with that. I'm just laughing at that.
The story was a description of what I saw with my own eyes. If you think its stubborn to justify an argument using language you've obviously already convinced yourself. Scholetto anticipated and played the situation.

Nick7

The story was a description of what I saw with my own eyes. If you think its stubborn to justify an argument using language you've obviously already convinced yourself. Scholetto anticipated and played the situation.
By getting clipped in the ankle? I said it wasn't a penalty, but he got clipped while running at speed, if he didn't go down I would have been absolutely shocked.

RedStarUnited

I always thought Kante wouldnt be able to do his ultra pressing in a "normal" big team season. When it was one game a week he used to run for 2 people but look at him now...

Needham

By getting clipped in the ankle? I said it wasn't a penalty, but he got clipped while running at speed, if he didn't go down I would have been absolutely shocked.
For me, Schelotto planned to create the contact no matter what. Ref saw that. It was reasonably smart gamesmanship that didn't work out for him.

RedStarUnited

Teams should have the right to appeal a yellow card when a player complains to a referee over a wrong decision. That brighton RB now has to be careful for the rest of the game because he complained about incorrect decisions going against him.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Thought the only penalty was the first one. The keeper took him out. Notice how he didn't have a go at the player and instead ran off looking sheepish.

2-1 at that point it would have been very interesting.

Javi

Teams should have the right to appeal a yellow card when a player complains to a referee over a wrong decision. That brighton RB now has to be careful for the rest of the game because he complained about incorrect decisions going against him.
Why? The idea is to let the ref make the calls. He doesn't need input for that. It's not like his complaining is actually needed and neither is it going to overturn the decision. If the complaining is too much, yellow card seems logic.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The ref called him over and he refused to come. Understandable that he was pissed off, but he'd probably have just got a talking to if he'd obeyed. Ignoring the refs instructions if always going to get you a card.