Premier League Gameweek 26 fixtures (9th - 11th Feb 2019)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What’s actually going wrong? Is it the tactics, the players, both?
No goalscorer, wingers are terrible (aside from Lookman), people like Gomes aren't consistent enough. Confidence seems to be well and truly gone ala United with Mourinho, the basic principles of football have gone out the window and it's a sloppy horrible mess.

Read a post saying we have 10 losses in our last 16, tragic that he's still in a job but at the same time who is there to save us. We've turned into a bit of an embarrassment post Martinez.

Should've stuck with Bobby Martinez. If you're not going to compete for Europe, you might as well play all-out attacking football.
I have no idea who would be able to sort out this mess.

DavidDeSchmikes

i said it before and i will say it again, considering Everton's form, they are currently 9th which isn't too bad

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
No goalscorer, wingers are terrible (aside from Lookman), people like Gomes aren't consistent enough. Confidence seems to be well and truly gone ala United with Mourinho, the basic principles of football have gone out the window and it's a sloppy horrible mess.
What's happened with Richarlison?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What's happened with Richarlison?
He's not really a winger, he's more of an inside forward but we don't have the setup or confidence at the moment to allow that. He also keeps being a 'fall' guy so to speak in terms of our striker position, where he is switched between the two positions because we don't have a good enough striker and he can't really build up any elemence of consistency. No doubt he's a great flair player but he still has too much brazilian crybaby in him too.

Dudu

Hudds could have easily drawn the game with Arsenal 2 - 2 tbh.. missed a host of good chances.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Goob job we played Huddersfield today. We were pretty abysmal.

Stocar

Liverpool's actual performances vs points discrepancy is astonishing. It's not just the amount of marginal decisions they get. Jammy goals, wasteful opposition, deflections going their way - it just keeps adding up and doesn't seem to stop. Looking at performances and stats, City should be comfortably ahead of them. But that's football I guess.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
It's not a conspiracy, just poor officiating and is largely the reason why people say Liverpool would be the luckiest PL title winners since its inception.
You cant win a league purely down to luck , its played over 9 months and 38 games , your rival are doing well and you are just being bitter about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
We both know there is no way on earth Liverpool will be leaving Old Trafford with anything more than a point (and even that would be generous).
See you lot are getting over confident, you’ve been playing vs poor opposition, you won against tottenham with 11 saves from DDG, you won against a poor defensive side in Arsenal and almost lost at home against a relagation threatened burnley and today won against a side that leaked almost 60 goals.

You guys need a reality check starting against us in the champions league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I felt we would have conceded today :lol:. Arsenal are just like this: make the shit look like chocolate :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a little kip and woke up to pretty much worst case all round.

Pool and Arsenal win.
Average fantasy footy scores
Leeds get what looks like a 100th min equaliser (!)
My other boys steamed 3-0 at EDL birthplace Luton.
Salford lost (saw them once, so for this reason for some reason I want them to win, despite generally hating heavily bankrolled nothing teams)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool's actual performances vs points discrepancy is astonishing. It's not just the amount of marginal decisions they get. Jammy goals, wasteful opposition, deflections going their way - it just keeps adding up and doesn't seem to stop. Looking at performances and stats, City should be comfortably ahead of them. But that's football I guess.
City definitely have the better team. That usually sees a team win the league.
Don't worry too much about today, Bournemouth at home is a fairly decent banker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the betting companies on Talksport were saying David Moyes is favourite for the job.
Would love that, as Everton fans have to be the least classy lot I've seen at Old Trafford with their Moyes and Lukaku venom.
It'd be a deserved reunion.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not if the referees association, media or Premier League has anything to do with it.

It's the illuminati, I tell you. Innit lads? @BobbyManc @SquishyMcSquish @robinamicrowave
Oh yeah man it's so silly people questioning the officials when you're incorrectly getting goals every single match and your players/staff seem to escape any kind of punishment whatsoever for anything they do. All started when one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see was turned down at Wembley, only for Salah to later start winning them every time someone farts near the little feck.

Obviously there's no grand conspiracy attempting to win you the league, but if VAR was introduced at the start of the season you would not be top, it's that fecking simple. Of course Liverpool fans play it down but if it was United or City they'd be fuming and crying foul, and rightly so.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The United fans in here are nearly sounding like the stereotypical ‘Fergie runs the FA’ conspiracy wielding Liverpool fans from a decade ago. The transition is almost complete...
Again I don't think anybody is suggesting that any conspiracy exists, just that Liverpool have blatantly been stupidly fortunate with decisions this season. It happens, sometimes one team is on the end of lots and lots of favourable decisions and it doesn't necessarily mean the referees are paid off, it just means that they're benefiting from crap officiating more than anybody else. This isn't untrue at all, they seemingly have a decision go their way every single week and two weeks in a row now have taken the lead through illegal goals.

All it means is that VAR can't come fast enough, to stop ridiculous officiating having an impact on the league, which it absolutely has this year. City would be top in that scenario.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Oh yeah man it's so silly people questioning the officials when you're incorrectly getting goals every single match and your players/staff seem to escape any kind of punishment whatsoever for anything they do. All started when one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see was turned down at Wembley, only for Salah to later start winning them every time someone farts near the little feck.

Obviously there's no grand conspiracy attempting to win you the league, but if VAR was introduced at the start of the season you would not be top, it's that fecking simple. Of course Liverpool fans play it down but if it was United or City they'd be fuming and crying foul, and rightly so.
I could counter with the clearly missed penalty at Anfield vs Leicester two weeks back and the perfectly onside disallowed Mane goal at the Emirates against Arsenal. That's 4 points right there.

Equally, I could say that until a couple of months ago, we went over a year without receiving a penalty in the league at Anfield.

But I'm long in the tooth enough to know these things happen in football. Swings and roundabouts. Dry your tears mate.

I never once indicated a conspiracy, just pointed out a clear fact.
It's fair to say the linesman acted within his capacity in making that decision, unless you believe he has some subhuman quality which allows him to slow down real time or spot a few centimetre difference from a distance away.