Premier League Gameweek 26 fixtures (9th - 11th Feb 2019)

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
You sound like a flat earther.

How anyone can genuinely attribute the scoreline this half to luck is beyond me. It's been men vs boys.

Maybe if Bournemouth were able to leave their half they'd also get a tight offside decision for them.
Easy to say that when the goal that broke the deadlock was offside. If that decision is called correctly and you suddenly reach HT with the scores level it becomes a completely different game. Being dominant in play doesn't mean you deserve goals that shouldn't stand.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Personally thought that third goal was hit far too hard into the net. Officials clearly on Liverpool's side yet again.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Klopp will be crying about the refereeing tonight, eh? Three obvious offside calls go in Liverpool's favour in a week. :nono:
From that angle is does look offside, but it may not be. Only way you'll know for sure is if there's a camera looking straight across the defensive line

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

From Reddit. His legs are behind the defender, so that's onside, right? I don't think VAR would overturn it, and I especially don't think it's fair to criticize the linesman for missing out on it if it is offside.

(I'm not watching the game, so that's the first time I've seen the still).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It looks like "scripting" mainly for entertainment puposes rather than a "fix" to me. Descisions always going for the same teams.

Sure someone clever could do statistical analysis on game changing incorrect decisions per team to see in more detail.
As soon as someone did you would have other people claiming they've included/excluded decisions they shouldn't have.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

From Reddit. His legs are behind the defender, so that's onside, right? I don't think VAR would overturn it, and I especially don't think it's fair to criticize the linesman for missing out on it if it is offside.

Hey, let's not bring facts or common sense into this. Why would we do that?

prateik

Leg's dont matter.. Head can be offside too.. but that's too close to call. A frame either way could make it look different.

No point blaming the ref for a call that close... I would be annoyed if refs gave something that close off...

If you cant see it, let it go. That should be the standard. If the ref isnt sure the player is off, it shouldn't be flagged..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Why would his legs being behind the defender make him onside? You're offside if any part of your body that can legally play the ball is ahead of the defender. If his head or shoulder is offside it doesn't matter where his legs are. If VAR saw that was the case it would be overturned.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Why would his legs being behind the defender make him onside? You're offside if any part of your body that can legally play the ball is ahead of the defender. If his head or shoulder is offside it doesn't matter where his legs are. If VAR saw that was the case it would be overturned.
Fair play, but still, that's so damn close that I can't blame the official in the slightest. I'd say the same if it were a United goal scored against us in a similar manner.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Head and shoulder is off, quite clearly if you watch the replay. Not that @ShadesOfTomato will have any of that he will just babble on about Mane's legs being onside.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fair play, but still, that's so damn close that I can't blame the official in the slightest.
Yeah, I wouldn't blame the official either. If they have to make that kind of close call then they'll get it wrong fairly regularly.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Fair play, but still, that's so damn close that I can't blame the official in the slightest. I'd say the same if it were a United goal scored against us in a similar manner.
The line doesn't look to be drawn quite correctly either, the defender's shoulder is closer to the goal than where it's drawn with the line going through his head.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Head and shoulder is off, quite clearly if you watch the replay. Not that @ShadesOfTomato will have any of that he will just babble on about Mane's legs being onside.
His head or shoulder may be 30cm offside. The linesman fails to spot this in real time. What a conspiracy.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not going well for Everton is it?
Don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us play.

3 wins and 7 losses in the last 10 if we lose again today.

The last time we won two games in a row was October.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
His head or shoulder may be 30cm offside. The linesman fails to spot this in real time. What a conspiracy.
It's not a conspiracy, just poor officiating and is largely the reason why people say Liverpool would be the luckiest PL title winners since its inception.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
3rd goal was a peach. Silky pass from keita

DavidDeSchmikes

From the Marco Silva thread from Grand Old team

How can a manager not get his players up for a match against his previous club, who's fans wave rubber snakes at him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's not a conspiracy, just poor officiating and is largely the reason why people say Liverpool would be the luckiest PL title winners since its inception.
I don’t think I’d care if it meant ending the drought.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
From the Marco Silva thread from Grand Old team

How can a manager not get his players up for a match against his previous club, who's fans wave rubber snakes at him.
He's gone in a month, only decent thing he's done is convince Richarlison to sign up there. But he'll be shit for them just like he was when Watford sacked him.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching us play.
Should've stuck with Bobby Martinez. If you're not going to compete for Europe, you might as well play all-out attacking football.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
We should be aiming to get another couple here against these lot, we all know how painful it is losing the title on goal difference to City.

Dudu

Eh?

Why the hell is the late game on Saturday Night football.. 'Brighton v Burnley'

:confused: