g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 27 (10th - 12th February 2018)

Rajma

Ederson is really good at reading the game, suits Pep style really well as keeper-sweeper.

Bobski

I don’t know whether it’s because he’s against Vardy, but Laporte looks shockingly slow.
Another CB who had the reputation of being better than what Utd have. See Keane, Maguire, Van Dyjk etc. Not so easy when you are watched closely.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It is said to be one of his weaknesses.

Not sure how that will work out in the PL, then again Citeh hardly do any defending as it is.
I remember seeing a clip on here where he appeared from nowhere to clear a ball that looked a certain goal in a la liga game, that was before the injury. Now it seems he was having his neck saved by Yeray and Nunez at Bilbao since the injury, so it must have really slowed him down.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So Dragovic plays for Leicester, I remember when we used to be linked to him.

Rajma

Just not in Dave's class though as an actual goalkeeper.
To be fair as long as he’s decent in that regard I think he fits in there better than De Gea but not based on his actual goalkeeping skills. That’s one of the main weaknesses of Dave as well, he loves being on the line a bit too much.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Another CB who had the reputation of being better than what Utd have. See Keane, Maguire, Van Dyjk etc. Not so easy when you are watched closely.
Our players have bad reputations which overshadows their actual ability, people spent years laughing at Phil Jones now refuse to accept that he's become a cracking defender.

TsuWave

i wonder how liverpool fans feel watching sterling. he is a very dangerous player

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That Silva chap for Leicester is off the pace a bit.
He's the player who missed the transfer deadline by 13 secs in the summer. He didn't play for months. It will take a while for him to gain form. I wouldn't play him in games like this.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Our players have bad reputations which overshadows their actual ability, people spent years laughing at Phil Jones now refuse to accept that he's become a cracking defender.
Or when people want us to sign Varane because Jones is a "sick note".

AngliaRed

I’m still purplexed as to how the etihad constantly has blocks of empy seats all around the ground, even the lower sections and half way line. Just embarrassing really, a Premier league game against a decent side and they have so much empty seats.

I know this has been spoken about time and time again but is this basically rich arabs buying the seats and only going to big games so real City fans cant get the decent seats or just they don’t have enough fans in Manchester who want to go watch city at home?

El Pasillo

Their shot stopping ability are equal, but Ederson is superior compared to DDG in other aspects of the game.

Not just a GK, but as an all-round footballer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Or when people want us to sign Varane because Jones is a "sick note".
Indeed, 99% of the time defensive organisation is every bit as important as your defenders' individual talent too, you could stick a number of defenders in our team and they'd do themselves justice as our manager is capable of organising a defence.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
For a top club distribution and sweeping is just as important as shot stopping for a GK.
I agree, of which Dave is pretty good at those as well.
Ederson is a good keeper, just not in Dave's all round ability level, but that is nothing to be ashamed of, as there are not too many that are.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Hardly surprising, he's barely played since last May. He's the chap they signed 12 seconds after deadline & couldn't register.
I know that. It's up to the manager to sort that out. He missed the summer transfer, not the winter registration. That ought to have been enough at this level.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Their shot stopping ability are equal, but Ederson is superior compared to DDG in other aspects of the game.

Shot stopping the same?? Come on now, lets be fair here, Ederson is good, but overall, he is no where near as good as Dave.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

It’s not even close.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
i wonder how liverpool fans feel watching sterling. he is a very dangerous player
Well, obviously they didn't want him to go, but were massively paid for him, back when £50m got you more than just a John Stones, or 3rd rate striker.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Really? They give it away for free. That's how weak its appeal is.
Really? The explenation at the start of the season was that it was too expensive. I agree it's not very interesting.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Ridiculous.

DDG is by far the better shot stopper and overall GK, distribution and reading of the game is the only thing Ederson is better at

Canagel

No-one is in DDG's class but Ederson is a very good shot stopper himself. He's made some crucial saves for City to win them points. If you take away those crucial stops you end up with Bravo from last season. He was also good with the ball at his feet but didn't make actual saves when the team needed.

el3mel

So what are your predictions, when will their winning goal come in the second half ?

Rajma

That’s just nonsense, no one comes close to dave when it comes to shot-stopping and actually caching the ball without giving away any chances for rebound opportunities.

Bobski

One bad game against Spurs and his excellence over the season is cast aside. Amazes me that people think it would be easy to replace Smalling and Jones with significantly better players, teams throwing massive money around are finding it a struggle.