Premier League Gameweek 30+31

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Water breaks are such a crap idea. You can tell someone thought they were being smart thinking that given there is football in the Summer for the first time we should introduce water breaks. Just get on with it

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pretty impressed by Fabianksi's dealing with that backpass. Can't imagine keepers train much chest control.

This game has only been about 90% as dire as I expected tbf. :wenger:

Red Keane

That's ridiculous.
Thats what's needed to win a Premier League-Champions League Double these days, its as simple as that.

They're probably short in defence, I'd say they need CB and a LB
2 in fact, since Kompany was never replaced & Otamendi is simply not good enough to play at this level. Hence why they have (potentially) lost the League to a side that still has Lovern on their books.

and probably a striker if Jesus goes
Aguero is likely to leave after next season so even if Jesus stays, they need another Striker.

but 7 players?
Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, D.Silva & (eventually) Aguero all need to be replaced. Likewise the injury record of Mendy means that City requires another LB while another winger is needed to enable B.Silva to move full time into Midfield. Thats why 7 are needed and in turn that is why Sane should not leave (1), because him leaving would require another Winger to be signed.

(1) If I was handling the Sane siutation, I would keep him for next season and give him more game time during said season (made easier by the fact B.Silva would no longer be playing on the Wing next season) while persuading him to sign a new deal. If he stil wants to go to a club that puts Canadian Teenagers at LB, then he can go so long as Bayern make a decent offer (£100+ Million) after next season.

The ultimate point being that Sane either goes after next season for a high price, or stays beyond it.

You're also in some weird reality where they're expecting to win both the PL and CL next season, but will be free of FFP because of the ban, thereby not even being in the CL to begin with...
City would not be free of FFP due to a potential CL Ban, but rather because FFP itself has been suspended due to COVID-19 (1). Thus CL Ban or no CL ban (2), FFP would not apply to Man City next season, or any other club for that matter...

(1) https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...end-financial-fair-play-rules-due-to-pandemic

(2) Although lets be real; even if the CAS is willing to support an idiotic policy such as FFP, there is nothing stopping the club from taking UEFA to the European Courts over its monopoly on European Club Football (and its abuse of it via FFP).

marktan

Water breaks are such a crap idea. You can tell someone thought they were being smart thinking that given there is football in the Summer for the first time we should introduce water breaks. Just get on with it
You can see the players are struggling though. It's like 27 degrees in London and I'm struggling just sitting in my bed

ShoePolish

We can absolutely catch Leicester.
Win tomorrow and we're 6 points behind with 21 points remaining. Their run in is very tough.
Chelsea.
Everton.
Palace.
Arsenal.
Bournemouth.
Sheffield United.
Spurs.
Us.
7 points behind. Their GD is +16 better than ours, don't think we'll chip that away in 8 games, but yeah, them playing Chelsea, Spurs and Sheffield is massive for us. Hope it doesn't come down to the last game of the season though.

ShoePolish

If he stil wants to go to a club that puts Canadian Teenagers at LB, then he can go so long as Bayern make a decent offer (£100+ Million) after next season.

The ultimate point being that Sane either goes after next season for a high price, or stays beyond it.
His contract expires after next season, they might as well give those 100 mil to me.

Walters_19_MuFc

We should have got him instead of James tbh
Bowen, whilst impressive for Hull, has shown nothing to suggest we should have done that. That being said, I do think on to be a more all rounded player than James. Probably already is. However, whilst quite limited, James still holds the most assists for any United player this season. All in all, I think he's done well considering its his first season.

KennyBurner

I dont know how much mourihno's tactics have to do with this but Kane looks like he is regressing. Spurs best players are Son and lucas moura.

I jinxed it because son just scored.

OFFFSSSIIIDDEEE!!!!!!

Red Keane

Can't be bothered reading the rest of the post but this sounds like you're saying Davies isn't good? He's class.
Alphonso Davies is a good player (who has done a lot better than I personally expected) that has the potential to a great player. But lets be real, he is better as a LW than as a LB and the only reason why he had to play as a LB was because they didn't properly replace Matt Hummels (1). So if I was Sane, why would I join a club that clearly has very little ambitions when it comes to the transfer market (as shown by the fact that they have also allowed Werner to go to Chelsea)? Something that does not bode well when it comes to winning CLs...

(1) Yes I know they got Lucas Hernandez at the start of this season, but having him & Sule get injured (and allowing Hummels to leave) meant that Alaba had to move into CB and Davis had to move into LB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Spurs should win this 3/4-0. West Ham are absolutely garbage.