Premier League Gameweek 33-35

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shame the ‘season is over and nothing to play for’. Otherwise the teams above us losing would be a good thing.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
What a season from Brighton. They love playing against the big boys as well.

Imagine what Potter could do with the resources of a big club.

lysglimt

Scout
You just know we will win against Norwich to give us a bit of hope - before being destroyed on tuesday

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bissouma and Calceido is a brilliant combo in midfield. So good on the ball and very hardworking too.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not a single shot on target by Spurs.

Almost tempted to lump on Norwich now because we never capitalise on these slipups. Can see Arsenal drawing or losing today too.

Al-T

Return of Mwepu from injury and the introduction of Caiceido has given Brighton fresh impetus. They were on an awful trot but last two games have looked good again.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
These teams fighting for 4th are doing what teams fighting for 4th do. Dropping points. None of us are the kind of side who’ll win seven games in a row in a run in.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Current Fernandinho in midfield and Steffen in goal against Scousers best side is going to be very, very difficult

ShinjiNinja26

Luckily we are playing Brighton away - they are much worse at home than away.

But Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace, Brentford and Chelsea - I don't exactly see us finishing with 6 wins out of 7 :)
I know it’s not been officially announced yet but with it looking very likely ETH will be our next manager I hope these feckers step up and produce for the remaining games of the season. As shite as they’ve been they’re capable of pulling performances out their arse when it’s to save their own skin and a lot of heads will be on the chopping block come the summer.

Perseus

Spurs very nearly held out for a draw in the second half. Bet came in as well. Outplayed for the whole 90 minutes and Arsenal were better.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Shame the ‘season is over and nothing to play for’. Otherwise the teams above us losing would be a good thing.
And the guy who said this is starting in central midfield in 20 minutes!

Jev

So Spurs have an away game at Brentford (loss), an away at Liverpool (loss) and Arsenal at home (preferably draw). That's the points we could realistically expect them to lose, eight points.

We're effectively four points behind them (assuming we beat Norwich) due to goal difference, meaning that if we lose to Liverpool, we can't drop anymore points.

So yeah, not gonna happen but it's pretty depressing to think back on all the very winnable games we've lost that would have left us comfortably fourth. Cheapest Champions League ticket ever and we've managed to bottle it.

I'll probably get sucked into it again if we win today and Southampton get a result against Arsenal but have no faith in us winning the required games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luckily we are playing Brighton away - they are much worse at home than away.

But Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace, Brentford and Chelsea - I don't exactly see us finishing with 6 wins out of 7 :)
No, it's take an incredible run, and even more of the north giant meltdowns than usual for us, unfortunately.

However, let's at least try and beat Norwich first up.

We're obviously expecting to have 95% of the ball and do no defensive work if have a centre mid of Bruno, Pogba and Lingard!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And the guy who said this is starting in central midfield in 20 minutes!
It’s our fans who say this. We’ve long been at the stage of the season we get to every year where there seems to be a growing hope that we can just lose enough games so that posters get to see their favourite academy players. I’ve been reading this sentiment for a month at least.

Firmino’s teeth

Supports
Liverpool
Current Fernandinho in midfield and Steffen in goal against Scousers best side is going to be very, very difficult
We have the strongest line-up possible. Gotta say that makes me worried about the game against United on Tuesday. We won’t have much time to rest and they always give us a good fight at Anfield.
I don’t think it’s going to be a walkover at all.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City fans, what is your manager thinking? I know you need to rest a few but Steffen in goal? Reeks like Pep thinks loyalty to him is more important than winning the game. Klopp isn't playing Kelleher.

And why rest Laporte when he was outstanding against us last game? Tiredness can't be used, it's the semi finals FFS!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Arsenal opened the door for us, we trip over the door step. now spurs have given us a glimmer (just a glimmer) of hope. Wonder how we will feck it up

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
West Ham are probably the only team in the race for top 4 that actually deserve to be there in the end. They will not make it as they fell too far behind and will probably concentrate on Europa League now anyway but they are the only ones in spots 4-7 who can look at this season without any reservations.

Slysi17

So Spurs have an away game at Brentford (loss), an away at Liverpool (loss) and Arsenal at home (preferably draw). That's the points we could realistically expect them to lose, eight points.

We're effectively four points behind them (assuming we beat Norwich) due to goal difference, meaning that if we lose to Liverpool, we can't drop anymore points.

So yeah, not gonna happen but it's pretty depressing to think back on all the very winnable games we've lost that would have left us comfortably fourth. Cheapest Champions League ticket ever and we've managed to bottle it.

I'll probably get sucked into it again if we win today and Southampton get a result against Arsenal but have no faith in us winning the required games.
Tottenham were horrible against Brighton though. They could drop points to Leceister City too.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We have the strongest line-up possible. Gotta say that makes me worried about the game against United on Tuesday. We won’t have much time to rest and they always give us a good fight at Anfield.
You could play your second team and would beat us 4-0 easily. It won’t even be contest, I’m only hopeful it doesn’t end up with 7-0 or more.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
From looking at those line-ups, and considering the context of their respective midweek exertions, I’ll be shocked if City win today. Obviously hoping they do, mind, but everything is pointing to a scabby Scouse win, IMO.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
City fans, what is your manager thinking? I know you need to rest a few but Steffen in goal? Reeks like Pep thinks loyalty to him is more important than winning the game. Klopp isn't playing Kelleher.

And why rest Laporte when he was outstanding against us last game? Tiredness can't be used, it's the semi finals FFS!
We played Kelleher in the final. If he’s their cup keeper it makes sense.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Spurs dropping points!!!!!!! Which means we will do aswell, our lot will outspur the spurs :lol:

Ludens the Red

:lol: Piss taker you.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I bet Pep is thinking Rotherham will still be kicking off today.

If Klopp was forced to make similar changes it would look like this:
Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Matip, Robbo, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Salah, Mane, Jota

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
united winning against the run of play here. Norwich just lack finishing.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City

The last week has taken more out of us than you. Just how it is at times

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The last week has taken more out of us than you. Just how it is at times
Laporte is the biggest surprise for me. Must be a minor knock or something. Him and Stones have been phenomenal together. You wouldn't rest him for tiredness in such an important game against a full strength second best team in the world.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
There is room to score but Forster is on one today...