Premier League Gameweek 34 weekend and midweek fixtures (14th April - 19th April 2018)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Is that confirmed though? I know with the FA Cup, the finalist traditionally takes the place if the winner has already qualified but that's not always been the case with the League Cup.

In any case even if it's not true, they would probably have to finish 8th not to qualify for Europe and they're about 12 points ahead of Leicester there.
Yeah, I worded it poorly. Because City have won the League cup, it means there's an extra EL place in the league. Which virtually confirms Arsenal in the EL.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It'll depend if Southampton make it to FA cup final no? If Burnley also pass them out then they won't get EL.
Southampton would have to win the FA cup I believe. If United, Chelsea or Spurs win the FA cup then 5th, 6th and 7th place qualify for the EL.

alsabi

It'll depend if Southampton make it to FA cup final no? If Burnley also pass them out then they won't get EL.
As I understand it, the only way that the team in 7th at the end of the season does not get an EL place is if Southampton win the Cup.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is that confirmed though? I know with the FA Cup, the finalist traditionally takes the place if the winner has already qualified but that's not always been the case with the League Cup.

In any case even if it's not true, they would probably have to finish 8th not to qualify for Europe and they're about 12 points ahead of Leicester there.
League cup runners up never got a EL spot. FAC runners up used to get one but they changed this a couple of years ago. Now that spot goes to the league position instead.

Normally only 5th gives EL. But City winning the league cup means 6th is also EL. Unless Southampton win the FAC then 7th will also give EL.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Southampton would have to win the FA cup I believe. If United, Chelsea or Spurs win the FA cup then 5th, 6th and 7th place qualify for the EL.
As I understand it, the only way that the team in 7th at the end of the season does not get an EL place is if Southampton win the Cup.
Ahh Samid cleared it up. They changed the rule a few years ago where the FA Cup runner up would get the EL spot.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
♪Henry's beard, are you glistening?♪