Premier League Gameweek 34 weekend and midweek fixtures (14th April - 19th April 2018)

Guy Incognito

Because you need to be in the CL to attract the top players generally. It's understandable why they put all their eggs in winning the EL especially as it is an actual trophy to win which you can't get with finishing 5th which is the best they can do.
I get that, but it's just a recipe for disaster. Unless they are actually going to try and enhance the team (ie: sack Wenger after winning the cup, spend money), nothing will change.

AndyJ1985

Doesn't really matter to Arsenal. The league was over for them weeks ago. They will be up for it against Atletico though

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
The only team not to have won a single away point in 2018. fecking embarassing. If they didn't win the Europa League all their contracts should be terminated immediately.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure how Arsenal had like 6 home games in a row but this result was always going to happen, their away form is relegation like

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
0 away points in 2018.

Doesn't matter if we win the Europa, that's enough to get Wenger sacked.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I get that, but it's just a recipe for disaster. Unless they are actually going to try and enhance the team (ie: sack Wenger after winning the cup, spend money), nothing will change.
Well they just spunked £55m on a striker who has scored 6 goals in 8 as thing stand so they are trying. I would not be surprised if Wenger goes in the summer but that's the club's sticking point.

SirAF

Ageist
Doesn't really matter to Arsenal. The league was over for them weeks ago. They will be up for it against Atletico though
That’s true, it’s still funny though! If Atletico beats them, which is very likely, their whole season will go down the shitter :drool:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
How lucky are these to have Rafa as manager?
Think it works both ways. Sure he's a very good manager who could've perhaps gone to a more prominent club, but Newcastle are a big club in their own right with rather tame expectations. He's got a good foundation for which to prove himself - IF Newcastle spend.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Benitez has done a great job with what should be a championship squad. Newcastle will do well to keep hold of him in the summer I think, especially if Ashley stays.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I've had a crush on Vidic for over 10 years :drool:

oh good game too, i guess.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No, they qualified through the League cup. City are already in the CL, so EL qualification went to 2nd place in the LC which was Arsenal.
Is that confirmed though? I know with the FA Cup, the finalist traditionally takes the place if the winner has already qualified but that's not always been the case with the League Cup.

In any case even if it's not true, they would probably have to finish 8th not to qualify for Europe and they're about 12 points ahead of Leicester there.