Premier League Gameweek 4

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not good enough. He started vs Newcastle last week and look bad. Spurs squad is very overrated. Maybe it is even Pochettino punishing him for missing that easy chance last week. However, when all is said and done, Moura is not good enough to start for a top team. However, it can be said that Spurs is not a top team :lol:.
Son and Kane were shit against Newcastle too.

He should have come on. We needed a counter attacking outlet when Son came off and Lucas is perfect in those situations.

Sylar

He should have come on. We needed a counter attacking outlet when Son came off and Lucas is perfect in those situations.
Ok thanks. That seems fair as it seems hes a Poch supporter and youre a Spurs supporter :lol:

I think Poch may have run his course at Spurs btw. Unless hes given a big budget next season to bring in 3-4 top players after losing a few.

Poch was very Ole like and didnt react to what was happening on the pitch.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Meh. It's still 3 wins in 17 and you bottled a 2-0 lead.
We lost a 2 - 0 lead, away from home against a strong team. And if Kane's strike had gone in from hitting the post it would have been a different story.

Your calling it "bottled" is typical of the know-nothing fan. I strongly doubt that when United play away at Arsenal you'll even get a 2 - 0 lead to "bottle" in the first place.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We lost a 2 - 0 lead, away from home against a strong team. And if Kane's strike had gone in from hitting the post it would have been a different story.

Your calling it "bottled" is typical of the know-nothing fan. I strongly doubt that when United play away at Arsenal you'll even get a 2 - 0 lead to "bottle" in the first place.
It's a total bottle job. Typical Spurs.

thegregster

Well, any team could beat Arsenal away from home - that's football. But you almost certainly won't.
We have beaten them way more often at their place than Spurs have.

Spurs don't win away against a Top 6 team too often with clueless Poch.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

You have to admit that the form spurs have shown recently has been average at best though surely?
The champions League run has glossed over alot of the issues at spurs.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: That is shocking from a "top" manager.
A top manager with limited resources. United would be battling relegation right now if we had the same resources that Spurs had. Could you imagine us starting Jones and Linderlof in defense with young at right back and rojo left back? Spurs squad is basically the same as last season at the moment. Without our addition, we will be in relegation. James in the attack has been very productive as well.

Son and Kane has earned the right to be shite a few games. Moura is not at those two level.

I agree he should have come on though. Maybe instead of Ali who offered nothing in the attack. Lo Celso actually added compsure to your team. Ali on the other hand, I m not quite sure what he did. Moura pace would have definitely been useful. However, only pochettino can explain why he didn’t come on instead of Ali. However, your team have a problem with Sissoko in the attack. I would not bet him to score one on one if there was a break through :lol:. Maybe Poch needs to tell him to stop attacking and leave that to the other midfielder.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In all fairness, losing a 2 goal lead away from home is an entry level bottle job. Man United struggling will never stop from laughing at certain clubs in certain situations

Mr Parker

Supports
Liverpool
Great weekend of results for the top 2. Title is a two horse race already. I still think Spurs will get 3rd and Arsenal and Leicester will battle it out for 4th.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It's a total bottle job. Typical Spurs.
Typical Spurs these days is top 4 and CL football. Typical United these days is finishing outside the top 4 and playing in the EL.

So it's pretty clear which team has less "bottle".

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Funny that, we beat them 3-1 at the Emirates only a few months ago.

thegregster

Typical Spurs these days is top 4 and CL football. Typical United these days is finishing outside the top 4 and playing in the EL.

So it's pretty clear which team has less "bottle".
Without trophies it's meaningless. Your best era in 30+ years will be remembered for losing a CL final.

Hope this helps.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That was a lot better overall. Still some very limited players in this team who are letting us down consistently but I'm hoping Ndombele/Sessegnon/Lo Celso can all bed in and have a significant impact.

We need a right back. I can't believe this wasn't clear to the club before but it's a fecking necessity.

Attitudes aren't quite right at the moment either. We panic too easily and cede momentum far too cheaply. Even at 2-0 up we were never comfortable, the elite teams kill games off at that point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane stepped in front of Sokratis and dived deliberately to trip Sokratis on top of him. He did similar last week against Newcastle, although this was worse.
He went down easily, but I think the café is over critical of Kane for this perceived "diving"

You put both hands on a striker in the box and get nowhere near the ball, and it's risky

But we can see the same thing differently. The ref obviously agreed with you.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You have to admit that the form spurs have shown recently has been average at best though surely?
The champions League run has glossed over alot of the issues at spurs.
Yes, I'd agree. But when our average performances has resulted in two draws in two of our toughest away games, then things ain't too bad.

It's a long old season and I await with interest to see how our rivals do away to City and Arsenal: not too well I imagine.

I'd also point out that we played today without either N'Dombele or (for the most part) Lo Celso. It will take a little while for these two to bed in, but when they do I predict our performance level will rise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's see how many points United get from playing away to City and Arsenal - I'll predict none.
I think we can all guarantee it'll be a zero to City.
But no idea why you think Arsenal away will be as big a challenge. They're fairly gub, but have a good front 3. And we're not talking like the way Liverpool used to be - they're not in that ilk up front.

Triple.Threat

Spurs would have got all 3 points if Davinson Sanchez wasn't a total clown today. He was at fault for Arsenal's first goal.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone else impressed with what they see in Arsenal, look a lot better side than they have done for a long time played with a desire to win.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good result for United but it seems there's a lot of salty Spurs fans on here.

Irwin99

Have to wonder if Poch can really be motivated with this side. He's done fantastically well but it all just seems a bit predictable/stagnant. I know they got to a champions league final last season but they're not getting near City and Pool this year. Will probably get top 4 again as usual but i'm not sure they'll win anything.

I wonder what manager and playing style could take them to the next level? They've got the attacking players to rip any team apart. Even though they weren't on top form today Son and Kane were still causing Arsenal massive problems at times.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
We have beaten them way more often at their place than Spurs have.

Spurs don't win away against a Top 6 team too often with clueless Poch.
United don't finish in the top 4 too often. But then I understand why you wish to gloss over this fact and focus on an allegedly "clueless" Pochettino, who has only had a fraction of the funds made available to successive United managers … before they were sacked of course.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You've lost at home to Newcastle, Arsenal have a defence carved out of sh!t, Chelsea look weak, and we look bloody weak.
All bets are off how sh!T each team will sink to at different stages of the season.

There's only 2 teams we can be fairly certain will drill teams week in week out.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
In all fairness, losing a 2 goal lead away from home is an entry level bottle job. Man United struggling will never stop from laughing at certain clubs in certain situations
We 100% fecked it up. Don't know why Glaston is arguing otherwise.

Arsenal were no great shakes today at all. Their first goal came because of our own ineptitude and inability to clear it, go in 2-0 up and we are in a much better place.

We also showed far too little composure at the other end, though mostly because of Sissoko. Says a lot that when he broke free near the end I didn't even get slightly excited.

thegregster

United don't finish in the top 4 too often. But then I understand why you wish to gloss over this fact and focus on an allegedly "clueless" Pochettino, who has only had a fraction of the funds made available to successive United managers … before they were sacked of course.

It's pointing out Pochs record away at the top 6 is very poor. Which is true.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Son and Kane has earned the right to be shite a few games. Moura is not at those two level.

I agree he should have come on though. Maybe instead of Ali who offered nothing in the attack. Lo Celso actually added compsure to your team. Ali on the other hand, I m not quite sure what he did. Moura pace would have definitely been useful. However, only pochettino can explain why he didn’t come on instead of Ali. However, your team have a problem with Sissoko in the attack. I would not bet him to score one on one if there was a break through :lol:. Maybe Poch needs to tell him to stop attacking and leave that to the other midfielder.
Sissoko is an issue. On one hand he's a great outlet, works very hard and provides bags of physicality.

But he's a liability in attacking areas. Less than a non-entity because he outright sabotages most of our attacks.

I understand why Poch starts him completely because he does offer a lot, but he's so annoying to watch whenever it comes time to shoot or choose the right pass.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
We 100% fecked it up. Don't know why Glaston is arguing otherwise.

Arsenal were no great shakes today at all. Their first goal came because of our own ineptitude and inability to clear it, go in 2-0 up and we are in a much better place.

We also showed far too little composure at the other end, though mostly because of Sissoko. Says a lot that when he broke free near the end I didn't even get slightly excited.
A few hours ago you said: "Would be absolutely astounded if we get anything." Now you say "We 100% fecked it up." :lol:

An away draw against Arsenal is a good point, which is all that I've I said. Yes, we could have won it - if Kane's strike had gone in instead of hitting the post, but then so could have Arsenal.

I assume you are duly astounded that we gained a point - yes?

thegregster

Well, if you want to call an away draw at Arsenal a "failure", then good luck to you.
Anytime a top 6 team is 2-0 up and they don't win it's a failure. Doesn't matter who you're playing as good teams can see a game out.