Premier League Gameweek 8 fixtures (05th - 07th October 2018)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought we were eight points behind the leaders. Did not know it is nine.

Needham

Wonder what the odds would be on City, Liverpool and Chelsea all going unbeaten this season.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm going.......

Brighton 1 - 2 West Ham
Burnley 2 - 0 Huddersfield
Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Wolves
Leicester City 2 - 2 Everton
Spurs 3 - 0 Cardiff City
Watford 2 - 1 Bournemouth
Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle Utd
Fulham 2 - 3 Arsenal
Southampton 0 - 2 Chelsea
Liverpool 2 - 1 Man City

daveoliver91

My predictions:

Brighton 2 - 1 West Ham
Burnley 3 - 0 Huddersfield
Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Wolves
Leicester City 3 - 1 Everton
Spurs 4 - 0 Cardiff City
Watford 1 - 1 Bournemouth
Man United 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd
Fulham 0 - 3 Arsenal
Southampton 0 - 2 Chelsea
Liverpool 2 - 0 Man City

Treble

The best outcome from Pool and City?

I'd go with a draw. If City win there, they might improve on last season. I guess for neurtals a Pool win would make the league more interesting but feck that.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The best outcome from Pool and City?

I'd go with a draw. If City win there, they might improve on last season. I guess for neurtals a Pool win would make the league more interesting but feck that.
A draw opens the door for Chelsea to go top so that's probably best from your point of view.

Hard to call it. As bad as City's record is at Anfield, if we play like we did on Wednesday we'll get smashed. I'm hoping Guardiola does what he normally does and tries to outplay us. They always play a stupidly high line as well and allow Salah/Mane freedom to run at their defenders.

I hope De Bruyne isn't fit.

Last edited:

Treble

A draw opens the door for Chelsea to go top so that's probably best from your point of view.

Hard to call it. As bad as City's record is at Anfield, if we play like we did on Wednesday we'll get smashed. I'm hoping Guardiola does what he normally does and tries to outplay us. They always play a stupidly high line as well and allow Salah/Mane freedom to run at their back line.

I hope De Bruyne isn't fit.
Normally, I'd expect Liverpool to win as City's style seems very convenient for Klopp's approach. But this time I'm not sure you'll have the energy levels to stop them after two demanding games vs Chelsea and Napoli. City are not that great without KDB. But they will probably start with Aguero and Sterling instead of Jesus and Gundogan and could be way more dangerous in attack than in the CL game in April.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Normally, I'd expect Liverpool to win as City's style seems very convenient for Klopp's approach. But this time I'm not sure you'll have the energy levels to stop them after two demanding games vs Chelsea and Napoli. City are not that great without KDB. But they will probably start with Aguero and Sterling instead of Jesus and Gundogan and could be way more dangerous in attack than in the CL game in April.
Weirdly I don't think Aguero's ever scored at Anfield. His record against us at the Etihad is pretty much a goal a game.

It'll be an interesting watch.

Canagel

Liverpool v city to end a brawl.

8 red cards each points deduction, have to play in empty stadiums.

A man can dream.
I can't even enjoy watching that game with the situation we're in. If we were in the thick of the title battle and we won tomorrow it would be a very enjoyable watch to see who will drop the points but it doesn't matter to us anymore.

Treble

Weirdly I don't think Aguero's ever scored at Anfield. His record against us at the Etihad is pretty much a goal a game.

It'll be an interesting watch.
By all accounts Bernardo is in top form too. Unlike Gundogan he can run all day.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
By all accounts Bernardo is in top form too. Unlike Gundogan he can run all day.
I think we've looked better than them defensively which plays into our favour, and this'll be their hardest game of the season so far so it's a big test for them.

We've taken 4 points from trips to Spurs and Chelsea which gives us a bit of confidence.

I'm excited for it anyway. It's always a great game to watch.

Treble

I think we've looked better than them defensively which plays into our favour, and this'll be their hardest game of the season so far so it's a big test for them.

We've taken 4 points from trips to Spurs and Chelsea which gives us a bit of confidence.

I'm excited for it anyway. It's always a great game to watch.
It's a big test for both teams. On the one hand, City are in a weaker position as they are without KDB. But even without him they are arguably more potent in attack than Chelsea and Napoli. On the other hand, they might be fresh. The crowd might help you though. Unpredictable for me, could go both ways.

How on earth did these two beat us. They can hardly string two passes together.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Brighton doing what we couldn't:D

Roberto420

Glen Murray would actually suit Mourinho's tactics better than Lukaku :wenger:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wow, what a surprise! Perennial game raisers West Ham losing to the mighty Brighton.

el3mel

He's not brilliant but he was doing really well at Leverkusen. It had to better than sitting on West Ham's bench.
Had a very good first season but his last season at Germany was shite, scored 13 in 36 matches.

Last edited: