Premier League Gameweek 8 fixtures (05th - 07th October 2018)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Decent performance but long way to go still. Typically we’ve tended to play well for one half of the season. Let’s hope that changes and we can do well throughout the season.

Arsenal aren’t going to win the title. That’s between Liverpool and City, with a third team (not Arsenal) who might challenge them. I’d expect Arsenal to finish fifth based on these performances.
Yep, but at least you take your chances when you get them. We have a decent half and waste chance after chance.

Canagel

And who appoints the managers?
The club aren't responsible for the tactics or style of play. Ed is doing a great job on the commercial side and has given enough money to our managers. Everyone was happy with LVG and most people were happy with Mourinho when they were appointed.

Cloud7

It isn't a better squad, most squads aren't better than ours, but a lot have better systems.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I fully agree. Our squad is up there with the best in the league, and I firmly believe that we could be doing much better with these same players.

What I was referring to was the constant shifting of goalposts over time, from saying that other teams’ squads weren’t that good in the past, and now when they’re outperforming us saying that they’ve always had better squads.

We’ve seen it with City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. I was saying it’s only a matter of time before we start hearing that Arsenal has a better squad than us as well. Nothing to do with the coaching, of course. Nothing at all.

DomesticTadpole

The club aren't responsible for the tactics or style of play. Ed is doing a great job on the commercial side and has given enough money to our managers. Everyone was happy with LVG and most people were happy with Mourinho when they were appointed.
Think people were happy with Jose because he was a serial winner, but he also said he understood what the fans were wanting. Trouble is that didn't include decent football and now the winning has gone. Without the winning Jose is nothing.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Oh don’t get me wrong, I fully agree. Our squad is up there with the best in the league, and I firmly believe that we could be doing much better with these same players.

What I was referring to was the constant shifting of goalposts over time, from saying that other teams’ squads weren’t that good in the past, and now when they’re outperforming us saying that they’ve always had better squads.

We’ve seen it with City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. I was saying it’s only a matter of time before we start hearing that Arsenal has a better squad than us as well. Nothing to do with the coaching, of course. Nothing at all.
People have been saying that our players are not good enough to beat the likes of Brighton or to play anything resembling coherent football so arguably we'd gone past that stage long ago.

DomesticTadpole

Think Arsenal's defence is dodgy, but they don't actually have to defend much at the moment, they just go forward with the fullbacks. Think they have realised if they just out attack teams they will get wins. It might not work against the other big sides though.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
We'll just about be in the conversation for top four. Need a personnel upgrade at the back to be considered for anything.

Cloud7

Think Arsenal's defence is dodgy, but they don't actually have to defend much at the moment, they just go forward with the fullbacks. Think they have realised if they just out attack teams they will get wins. It might not work against the other big sides though.
It’s still a step forward from Wenger though. Under him over the last few seasons there was every chance that Fulham would have gotten a result today. They’re moving forward, playing positive football and actually enjoying the journey.

We’ll see how they do against the better teams, but I think Emery will set them up more sensibly than Wenger did. We wait and see.

DomesticTadpole

It’s still a step forward from Wenger though. Under him over the last few seasons there was every chance that Fulham would have gotten a result today. They’re moving forward, playing positive football and actually enjoying the journey.

We’ll see how they do against the better teams, but I think Emery will set them up more sensibly than Wenger did. We wait and see.
Maybe it is that Emery expects a lot more from them, that unlike Wenger he wants trophies and the big ones at that. He might be training them harder, so they are a lot fitter.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Chelsea socks reminds me of Cech in Chelsea jersey.

::sonny::

Chelsea still have a great squad

Kepa is good
Azpi one of the best in the league
Alonso superb
Kante is a legend
Jorginho is a world class
Hazard top 3 in the world

We’ll see what happen

Needham

Hate to say it but Hughsey starting to look like a late entrant into the Roy Hodgson Lesbian Owl Tribute Foul Attitude Hazel O Connor Moose Rotary Awards of 2018.

VanGaalyTime

What is with the obsession with kits? "This kit looks nice. That kit doesn't." Who gives a flying f? It's all about the haircuts. Luis FTW.

roonster09

Scout
Southampton barely touched the ball. They are way too deep in their own half. No options to counter also.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Mikhi been good aswell today, shows Ozil isn't hugely essential in this system.
It really helps when you have multiple players proving to be threats - Iwobi is in great form, Welbeck has been scoring goals, Mkhi played very well today and of course Laca and Auba have been lethal. The only player that hasn't shown any form until today has been Ramsey, so the squad has been able to spread the load effectively. At United it seems like everyone is out of form at the moment.

Also having Torreira helps our midfield greatly, now Xakha has been in good form with the extra support.

roonster09

Scout
What a miss, Ings should have scored that.

Mick321

Chelsea not looking good so far despite the sky wank fest every time they complete a 10 yard pass.