Premier League Hall of Fame

Traub

It should be 2 players inducted every year, with a manager and team inducted every other year. For example, that entire Leicester team should be inducted as a unit.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They're going to devalue the award if they start giving it to every man and his dog. A number of those names should be nowhere near a PL hall of fame list. Keep it to 20 or so players for now.
Pardon? Owen is the weakest there and he is deservedly there.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Would be nice if they rose above his abject insanity and inducted Le Tissier. If there was a cohort group that was an alternative intake. The likes of Vardy, Klinsmann, Le Tiss, Sheringham, Gamdst Pederson, Paul McGrath, Colin Hendry, Ole, Riise, Cahill, Noble, Crouch, Kanu, Hasselbaink, Heskey, Ferguson, Di Canio, O’Shea, Okocha, Zola, Ginola.

At least a third of the inductees should be sourced outside of players that hoovered up trophies while in great teams.

Years away from adding all the ‘true’ hall of famers. Sprinkling in players that had a huge impact on the enjoyment of the league, without ever being the best player in it, is important in my opinion.

You can slightly devalue their inductions by inducting 5 at once or something.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Would be nice if they rose above his abject insanity and inducted Le Tissier. If there was a cohort group that was an alternative intake. The likes of Vardy, Klinsmann, Le Tiss, Sheringham, Gamdst Pederson, Paul McGrath, Colin Hendry, Ole, Riise, Cahill, Noble, Crouch, Kanu, Hasselbaink, Heskey, Ferguson, Di Canio, O’Shea, Okocha, Zola, Ginola.

At least a third of the inductees should be sourced outside of players that hoovered up trophies while in great teams.

Years away from adding all the ‘true’ hall of famers. Sprinkling in players that had a huge impact on the enjoyment of the league, without ever being the best player in it, is important in my opinion.

You can slightly devalue their inductions by inducting 5 at once or something.
He's not getting in until he's dead. Too insane.

PSV

Crazy that Vidic isn't in yet. Alongside Henry, Ronaldo and De Bruyne he's the only player with 2 player of the year awards. The latter two will quickly be added when they retire as well.

Crimson King

Crazy that Vidic isn't in yet. Alongside Henry, Ronaldo and De Bruyne he's the only player with 2 player of the year awards. The latter two will quickly be added when they retire as well.
The bastards will put van Dijk in before Vidic, which is scandalous.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How the feck has John Terry been nominated? The PL are blocking Giggs from being inducted so why not do the same with Terry who is a racist scumbag?

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
It depends what this thing wants to be. If it's just a list of the best players then it's ultimately going to be pretty boring.

People like Vinny Jones or Rory Delap have a place in the Premier League "Hall of Fame" for me.
I'd add Emmanuel Eboue. :D

UnrelatedPsuedo

He's not getting in until he's dead. Too insane.
That’s kind of my point. He 100% should be in there and him being a monumental dickhead shouldn’t stop that.

He’s got one of the most impressive highlight reels in the leagues history, was a one club man, kept them in the league, was beloved as a player by all fans.

He’s what the Hall of Fame is for. I don’t think we should care that he’s thick.

JagUTD

How the feck has John Terry been nominated? The PL are blocking Giggs from being inducted so why not do the same with Terry who is a racist scumbag?
While I understand why they're blocking him, a Premier League Hall of Fame without Giggs slightly undermines it.

He does however, only have himself to blame.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Because they don't want to put someone in who is about to go to trial for assaulting a woman and will be all over the newspapers for however long the trials goes on for.

Terry went to court over a decade ago, everyone knows the outcome and there's no surprises to be had wheras god knows what's going to come out in the Giggs trial or how long it will last.

If you want to ban people who have said/done shitty stuff in the distant past then fair enough, that's a genuinely reasonable position but there's a few more on that list as well as Terry whose names need crossing out.

Cooked Hen

Le Tissier goes against the narrative and is very outspoken against the covid injections, i will be surprised if he gets a nom anytime soon.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Owen, a world player of the year, and wonder kid supreme when he burst through is weaker than players like...Defoe.

Gotcha.
Yes he’s a weaker entry into a PL hall of fame.

Defoe was a cult hero at three or four different clubs, played 20+ seasons. Far more valid entry to the Hall of Fame.

That’s not shitting on Owen at all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Andy Cole easily and it's a crime he wasn't included earlier.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I've probably already said this but ignoring Giggs is still weird. I know he's a massive twat but he'd literally be the first in on sporting achievement and it's odd to just pretend that didn't happen.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Neville and Cole probably. Terry in with a shout playing ability wise but if they're ignoring Giggs then should ignore him too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Also I've probably already said this but ignoring Giggs is still weird. I know he's a massive twat but he'd literally be the first in on sporting achievement and it's odd to just pretend that didn't happen.
Also weird when you don't ignore people like Terry.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah good point. I think Giggs had an outstanding court case at the time they started this and now (correct me if I'm wrong) it's been dropped it's too weird to chuck him in as the 16th member or something.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Giggs isn't being included because of the assault case, not because of the adultery.

On a separate note, I'm not getting this insistence of going at this pace. Eventually, all these nominess and a lot more will be included in HOF. First get all that done, and then you can go nominating 2 players into HOF a season

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Giggs isn't being included because of the assault case, not because of the adultery.

On a separate note, I'm not getting this insistence of going at this pace. Eventually, all these nominess and a lot more will be included in HOF. First get all that done, and then you can go nominating 2 players into HOF a season
Yes, and I'd argue Terry shouldn't be included due to racism, not his adultery.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Is there even a proper ceremony for these? I can understand doing it slowly to give everyone their moment, but if it's just a poll that ends with them going "this player is now in" then it seems a bit daft.

They started this in 2021, so I'm not sure why they couldn't have just put Fergie, Wenger, and then say 20 players from the 90s and 00s in there.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They started this in 2021, so I'm not sure why they couldn't have just put Fergie, Wenger, and then say 20 players from the 90s and 00s in there.
Exactly, they're wasting time doing it at this pace - Eventually all the nominees today + players like RVN, Irwin, etc. will be part of HOF (atleast should be). Just induct them at once and then do it at 2-4 inductees an year.