Premier League Hall of Fame

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I doubt it would happen, but i would have chuckled to see Vinnie Jones make the HOF. Not the best player but certainly one of the most memorable of his era.

Trezeguet17

Don‘t understand how someone can be in a PL Hall of Fame without ever winning the PL

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Find it weird that they're acting like Giggs never existed. Yes he's a prick but they've got Cantona who assaulted a fan, Gerrard also had an assault claim on him.
It's not weird at all. The Giggs thing is still ongoing, that's why they can't do anything with him at the moment. He's completely and utterly radioactive to brands until that gets settled one way or another.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I doubt it would happen, but i would have chuckled to see Vinnie Jones make the HOF. Not the best player but certainly one of the most memorable of his era.
It depends what this thing wants to be. If it's just a list of the best players then it's ultimately going to be pretty boring.

People like Vinny Jones or Rory Delap have a place in the Premier League "Hall of Fame" for me.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Don‘t understand how someone can be in a PL Hall of Fame without ever winning the PL
Wouldn't you say that players such as Gerrard, Kane, Suárez, Bale, Fowler, Le Tissier, Les Ferdinand or Gary Speed are absolute legends of the game and Premier League greats? There are so many brilliant players in so many sports that never win the most coveted prizes but to me that shouldn't decide whether they get inducted to Hall of Fame or not.

Say someone scores 25 goals for 15 seasons, meaning they become PL all time top scorers with 375 goals, Shearer being the next with 260. But they never win the title, perhaps lose out on by goal difference or a single point. You think that player shouldn't be in the HoF?

To me this is about celebrating the game and the great players, not winners exclusively.

Oranges038

It depends what this thing wants to be. If it's just a list of the best players then it's ultimately going to be pretty boring.

People like Vinny Jones or Rory Delap have a place in the Premier League "Hall of Fame" for me.
There should be room for players like that for one reason or another.

A hall of infamy might be better.

Eddy_JukeZ

How was SAF not the 1st inductee?

Or did they just start inducting managers now?

Mike Smalling

Seems like it was by design that managers were not included in the first two rounds, but SAF and Wenger being inducted two years after Stevie Me is quite laughable.

Seveneric

Bit of a downgrade on Fergie’s achievements to have him inducted at the same time with a manager that’s not on his level.

He should have been inducted on his own, just like his achievements are peerless.

SirAF

Ageist
Bit of a downgrade on Fergie’s achievements to have him inducted at the same time with a manager that’s not on his level.

He should have been inducted on his own, just like his achievements are peerless.
This.

Nonetheless, it's good they finally got him in!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

The achievements are there for ever and for everyone to see.
It’s actually fitting they are both there at the same time as it was the first proper PL rivalry which lasted longer than just one season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He should have been the first player/manager inducted. He's the GOAT.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Nah. Those two came as a pair. Wengers influence caused Fergie to become the manager he needed to be. It was the first great PL rivalry and they deserve equal billing in terms of importance to the league. It’s not a measure of who was best.

RedDevil@84

Congratulations to Sir Alex and Wenger. It was nice addition.

Next up is Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola, if City don't get banned that is.

They're going to devalue the award if they start giving it to every man and his dog. A number of those names should be nowhere near a PL hall of fame list. Keep it to 20 or so players for now.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
They're going to devalue the award if they start giving it to every man and his dog. A number of those names should be nowhere near a PL hall of fame list. Keep it to 20 or so players for now.
Defoe is the one I definitely don't agree with. The likes Michael Carrick, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Petr Cech and Yaya Toure are all worthy of Hall of Fame nomination but they can wait a few more years.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
They’re not giving it to anyone though. Those are the nominees from which three are voted in. There’s 18 inductees in total now and they’re adding another three.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Which players from that list should be "nowhere near a PL Hall of Fame list"?
I know Defoe is in 9th on the list of PL goals but I would so many other strikers above him in the hall of fame who are below him on that goal list.

EDIT: Owen, Sheringham, RVP, Vardy, Yorke, Wright, Drogba etc.

BarstoolProphet

Tell that to the likes of Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley and Karl Malone (among others) who never won a championship in the sport I presume this HOF stuff is based on.

Which players from that list should be "nowhere near a PL Hall of Fame list"?
Realistically, i dont think any of Campbell, Carrick, Ashley Cole, Defoe, Les Ferdinand, Owen and potentially Toure should be included.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Realistically, i dont think any of Campbell, Carrick, Ashley Cole, Defoe, Les Ferdinand, Owen and potentially Toure should be included.
Cole? Can't agree with that. Comfortably the best LB in PL history.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I lean towards your way of thinking. Are they going to be exclusive or inclusive? I'd put Beckham,Scholes and Giggs in, but not say a Gary Neville or Roy Keane. They'll make more headlines taking the exclusive approach.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I lean towards your way of thinking. Are they going to be exclusive or inclusive? I'd put Beckham,Scholes and Giggs in, but not say a Gary Neville or Roy Keane. They'll make more headlines taking the exclusive approach.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: The one who was even better than Beckham, Scholes and Giggs should not be in?