Premier League March 22,23,25

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I imagine this is exactly what Dortmund fans thought. Exactly what Valencia fans thought. Exactly what Wolfsburg fans thought.

Money is everything in football, and you don't have enough of it!
They did have enough to say no to anyone signing Suarez last summer. I don't see why they would have to sell when they have Champions League football next year at the very least.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Suarez would be silly not go to a club like madrid if they came for him. He's 28 isn't he? His prime isn't going to last all that long.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thats why I just watch Everton instead. They play great football with some exciting players and I dont have to feel guilty watching them.
Been a weird game today, we don't deserve to be 3-1 up at all. :lol:

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Its a good job their attack is so good because their defence is woeful.

An Irish Red

Suarez would be silly not go to a club like madrid if they came for him. He's 28 isn't he? His prime isn't going to last all that long.
It's rare that you would find a player that would turn them down. Even more so if they're from south america.

If they go in for him in the summer he'll throw a strop to try and get out. Just hoping that they do.

prateik

Even if he goes, they'll get enough for him to sign a replacement and a couple of other players.
Liverpool could realistically tempt someone like Costa.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
They did have enough to say no to anyone signing Suarez last summer. I don't see why they would have to sell when they have Champions League football next year at the very least.
Exactly, we didn't even finish top 6 last season and he stayed. With Champions League football we are in a good position, playing great football, future is bright!

amolbhatia50k

Liverpool now seem like genuine title contenders. He might not be too unhappy to stay there
I've said before that in terms of achievements, taking Liverpool to their first title in aeons would be better than anything else. But it isn't exactly a safe bet foe the next few years and a player of his calibre going without a league title would feel a bit shit for him. A bit like rvp. You could see how deliriously happy he was when we won the league. The idea of never really seeing big success for a player like that is nuts.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'll probably get attacked by ******** but I will not feel too bad if City beat us midweek. I don't trust Chelsea to hold off Liveropool.
Over the years i found it so small time when Liverpool fans said similar to prevent us.

I stand by that.

FlawlessThaw

I'll probably get attacked by ******** but I will not feel too bad if City beat us midweek. I don't trust Chelsea to hold off Liveropool.
I doubt you are alone. I said it last weekend after Liverpool thumped us, I'd take a City defeat as I'd much rather they won the league than Liverpool. You know it's bad when Chelsea are the first choice for most of us.

Lu Tze

So what? That was great manoeuvring by the Liverpool board. They didn't have to sell him last summer and they didn't. As Amol has rightly pointed out at 28, Suarez would be foolish to leave for somewhere like Madrid and again I can't see a reason why Liverpool would sell.
Amol said "Suarez would be silly not go to a club like madrid if they came for him. He's 28 isn't he? His prime isn't going to last all that long."

And he'd be right. Suarez could get a 300k a week contract from Madrid for 5 years and he'd be mad to not take it.

amolbhatia50k

Exactly, we didn't even finish top 6 last season and he stayed. With Champions League football we are in a good position, playing great football, future is bright!
He stayed because arsenal were the ones that came for him. It a depends on which club comes in. If it's madrid there's pretty much no chance of him staying. Zero.

I think there's a decent chance he'll stay. Not sure if any of the richest clubs will want him enough or need him.

FlawlessThaw

Amol said "Suarez would be silly not go to a club like madrid if they came for him. He's 28 isn't he? His prime isn't going to last all that long."

And he'd be right. Suarez could get a 300k a week contract from Madrid for 5 years and he'd be mad to not take it.
Oops my bad in that respect; I got distracted by the fifth city goal! You guys actually might be right, but I definitely feel as though Suarez is a lot more committed to Liverpool than you're average mercenary.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Liverpool look genuine this year.

Our heart and soul has been ripped out and acquired by them.

Eriku

So Cardiff lose by a two goal margin to a team we lost to by a three goal margin. Despite their unimpressive defending, they're clearly getting better and better. I hope the board and fans see that, and that this doesn't become a stick to beat Ole with.