Premier League Matchday 6

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs are such a pointless club. Not good enough to ever do anything serious, too good to ever slip down the table. Pointless.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Smith Rowe is a cracking player, they’ve got the bones of a good side Arsenal, does it come down to being “awfully coached”?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs don't give a shit about this coach. They know he'll be gone by Christmas.

Nick7

This game is making me appreciate Ruben Neves more than any Wolves game did. Spurs are crying out for a positionally aware midfielder. Three headless chicken isn’t the way.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It must be so hard to stay motivated when your team is 3 down. You gotta still give these players props for sticking it out and trying.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ah this season is different.

I'm talking about the narrative in the past about Spurs being better with Kane absent.
…Right? I was speaking about this season, he looks sluggish. Bit unlucky with that header just then though

Matst1

The funny thing is, Arsenal will think top for is done and dusted now, too good for 6th :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This game is making me appreciate Ruben Neves more than any Wolves game did. Spurs are crying out for a positionally aware midfielder. Three headless chicken isn’t the way.
Is that why he was dropped today? Joao Moutinho still has more class than Neves ever will

Reynoldo

Football fans/media being moronically incapable of looking beyond the last game shocker
Its looking very foolish alright. They could have just drawn a line under it and reinvested with new players for the new manager. Levy's stubbornness will cost him

Abraxas

Tottenham look dejected. They're not a great team when you look across the pitch but they're better than this.

It's always going to be a long season when your captain and and main man wants to leave and that is abundantly clear. How do you create a sense of direction as manager when this is the case? Very difficult to do that. You can handle random squad players being unhappy but for a team like Spurs, not your key man.

It's one of the reasons it's often said that players have the power and it's pointless to keep a want away player. You just end up cutting off your nose to spite your face as a club.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve seen players at Liverpool not get their moves during a summer they wanted to leave. The two that come to mind are Suarez and Coutinho. They both played their best football for us after that before eventually getting their moves.

What Kane’s doing here is basically downing tools and giving up. It’s not ok imo.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Spurs would probably have been better off playing Skipp or Winks or whatever other fecking Tom Cleverley impersonators they have back there than the chancers on at the minute who just can't be arsed. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Partey's best game for Arsenal here. Looking like the Atletico Madrid midfielder.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I’ve seen players at Liverpool not get their moves during a summer they wanted to leave. The two that come to mind are Suarez and Coutinho. They both played their best football for us after that before eventually getting their moves.

What Kane’s doing here is basically downing tools and giving up. It’s not ok imo.
Ronaldo put a shift in for us. Agree Kane is one giant sulk.

lilcurt

If city come calling in January, Levy may as well sell up.
Should have sold him in the summer, I said at the time he strikes me as someone who won't have that much longer at a top club. He carries injuries every season and just looks like someone who will struggle more and more going into this thirties. Anything over £100m they should have snapped City's hand off.

Irrational.

The funny thing is, Arsenal will think top for is done and dusted now, too good for 6th :lol:
Rumours are that he’s currently deep in the Himalayan mountains meditating with some Nepalese monks, hence he has no signal to check on his beloved Spurs. If you say ‘Cheese Room’ three times on Redcafe in front of a mirror at midnight he’ll magically appear.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why would Pep looking at this think, “ I’ll have that in my team, just what I need”
To be fair a half-arsed Kane up top for City still gets 20+ goals. But i think his chance has gone, he made his bed.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Liverpool gave them a gentleman's agreement they could leave then reneged on it? Making the players the bad guy for coming back late after giving them permission to do so?

That is what happened to Kane allegedly.

Can they wonder why he's totally demotivated?

Varun

Staff
Why would Pep looking at this think, “ I’ll have that in my team, just what I need”
Because he's top drawer and clearly doesn't give a feck about Spurs anymore after they denied him the move? He's not gone from ridiculously good last season to Bebe v2