Premier League matchweek 36 (may 5th-may 10th)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
An off-colour night for Spurs. I concede the title to Chelski, barring an absolute miracle.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The old stereotype of the bottle still carries some weight?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
The least losses in the league trophy is ours!

Zii

Regardless of what happens, where they finish the fact is once again Spurs win nothing, how long will their stars stay there?

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's going to be that part of the season when they start eye-gouging other players and trying to break them in half.

They're playing us next, right?

AXVnee7

We never really part of a title race? If we had won tonight the gap was 1 point. I'd say that's a title race.
Yeah you were definitely in the mix mathematically. I would say that there wasn't really a point were you felt Chelsea were in trouble of being overtaken by Spurs. You could say the gap would've been 1 point had you won, but that's just it isn't it? Crunch games, including this one are where the pressure increases on the players. Imagine if you were ahead, the pressure on each game would be immense. Spurs didn't play that badly tonight, but West Ham were resolute defensively. You'd have to think reasonably that it's over at this point. Never know though, never count anything out.

Mana

Supports
Chelsea
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! FINALLY SPUDS LOSE!

Now we can win the title before Spuds kick off again.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good for us that. Spurs hopefully out of the title before we meet them.
This. Spurs can now get a maximum of 86 points. Chelsea has 81 points already.

If Chelsea win their next two games, and they play the second one next Friday two days before we go to Spurs, they win the league.

Spurs' players probably won't give a monkeys about the result of our game with them if Chelsea are already champions.

mancan92

Spurs just seem to bottle it continually.

Yes they have played well this season, yes they have some top players and a top manager, but it doesn't seem to matter

when it matters you can trust spurs to not step up.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
feck.. now these are going to drop their heads for United's visit I can see it. They'll end like Chelsea defeat last season, where Southampton and Newcastle thumped them.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Let's not get complacent now, go out there Monday and do the job to get those first 3 of 6 points to clinch it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
feck.. now these are going to drop their heads for United's visit I can see it. They'll end like Chelsea defeat last season, where Southampton and Newcastle thumped them.
Conversely, hopefully West Ham can go into full beach mode too. Knowing us we'll make it hard work anyway.

brian017

What a dull final day it could be. The title, Top 4, EL spots and relegation could all be decided by then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Horror challenge by Adrian on Ibra, right after he scored, would be another.
And a good contrast to show how it's not even, was that goal Ibra put away with a high foot, barely even touched their man a good time on from the ball going in, and it being ruled out.
I forget which game

James Peril

We never really part of a title race? If we had won tonight the gap was 1 point. I'd say that's a title race.
No, not really in my opinion. Chelsea have had a huge lead all season and could afford slip-ups in the final stage - they could still afford it, even if you had won tonight. The gap would have been one point? Sure - if you want to look at it like that, they play Boro at home on Monday to equal the amount of games played. They have home games against Watford and Sunderland as well - practically walkovers at this stage. They have controlled everything since Christmas and I guess bookies even started to pay out in January or something. Runs do not last forever - Tottenham have produced a great run and now it is over, and so is your title chase (which I am more than willing to call it).

Well done though, Spurs can be proud this season. Unlike Liverpool, your players have stayed in great shape as you always seem to run more than the other team. Pochettino has to take some blame for poor summer signings and the inability to address certain areas. Furthermore, I think he has been lucky with the emergence of Son - a player I guess he had written off in the past as he really wasn't making a difference. Last year nobody paid attention to Tottenham, this year they were expected to fall back to their usual level but did not. Next year, teams will definitely be paying attention and you will move to a new stadium - it will be even harder to win the league. I will not try and guess the outcome of the top four though - that always comes back to bite. With proper investment in great players, who knows, but those players would probably want to go to another club with greater history and higher wages.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Spurs just seem to bottle it continually.

Yes they have played well this season, yes they have some top players and a top manager, but it doesn't seem to matter

when it matters you can trust spurs to not step up.
If they had really turned a corner they should win all their remaining games and finish with 80+ points.

AXVnee7

I think the occasion of the last game at WHL will get them up for it against Utd despite tonight's disappointment.