Preseason Tour Game 4: Man Utd v Liverpool (ICC, Saturday 28th July 22:05 BST)

Andersons Dietician

I know it’s Liverpool, but the scoreline doesn’t matter. Bit more worried about how poor we played in general, Pereira was easily our best player. There just seems to be a lack of patterns within the team, Sanchez looks sharp but had no real support and spent a lot of time just chasing lost causes.

Weird that it was basically Pools youth team that took control of the game and did the damage.

Ignore button probably getting worked overtime on the site right now :lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
In that case Emery is the master of the world :lol:
Listen I don't give a shit about the result, but I also don't worship the ground Jose walks on. I hope to feck he can show something different this season and inject some much needed life into this team.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
2 soft penalties again for Liverpool. they really are diving cnuts. Even in friendlies.

I agree with 2 soft penalties. The Robertson seemed to trip on his own legs but maybe there was a contact. The players went down a bit easy IMO too even though I support them.
Well take away those 2 penalties the score line is 2-1. Two superb goals from boths but apart from the freekick United offered zero going forward. The last 20 mins were interesting as United and Liverpool both had teenagers on the pitch mostly. But still Liverpool looked confortably in control all over the pitch. Chong made an impression though. He is a keeper and was your top player once he came on.

jesperjaap

Is that the excuse now? Do we need to have 5forwards or so to show attacking intent? The whole team should be able to push forward in unison regardless of the number of forwards in play.

This is just poor of Jose,he ought to be doing better. Preseason is there for a reason, to try new things and implement ideas,not just continue where you left off last season.
Although you are right, I mean with 5 striking options, makes little difference if the style of football isnt creatign chances.

I do think we could do with another striker though. Martial hasnt been given the opportunities up front and coudl be off and Rashford seems better from the left, cant trust him up front, judging from his performances last year. at least, his finishing and know how isnt there yet, if it ever will be.
Even without injuries would you trust Lukaku as the one striker for a whole season, as lets face it regardless of opinions of him as a striker, there is no doubt he does have quite a few awful games. Somebody to keep him on his toes and replace him when he is having one of his abysmal games would be a good thing for me.

EyeInTheSky

:lol:

The problem is if we have a go at the moaners then we get in trouble so its a no win situation.
Tell me about it. You literally pointed out a fact to counter the complete lie spouted by them which apparently is not allowed. When they do it’s an “opinion” but when you mention a fact like who was actually missing you will get a warning.

edcunited1878

Sound post. The only one I see who has gained on this tour thus far is Periera. Sanchez is getting a good work out too.
Periera has done himself very, very well so far. Sanchez looks fresh and up for it, his quick turns are really good to see as I didn't notice that too much last season after he was transferred. The central midfield has been stretched too far already in terms of fitness, so they're are just sucking wind.

MrBest

Relax lads, it's just a meaningless preseason game.
Against any other team yes, but whenever you play Liverpool it's more than just a friendly. It's pride and banter. After this, we are the laughing stock until we play again.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Another terrible post. If you think not letting hem crest a chance while creating them ourselves and controlling the midfield and creating chances and scoring goals is parking the bus then I hope we buy a whole fleet of the feckers
We must have been watching different games. Our football has been consistently reductive and negative under Mourinho. Without any coherent attacking plan. If that’s good for you, then you must be fecking delighted with the current state of affairs.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Exactly. :lol: Jesus, catch on fella. You can't use trophies to determine who is the better manager right now. You can use them to say who's been the better manager over their respective careers, but not right now at this very moment. That is exactly the point I was making.
Klopp has won 3 trophies IN HIS WHOLE CAREER. That's 1 more than Mourinho has won in his 2 years at United. You have to go back to 2012 to find a trophy for Klopp.

Current Jose Mourinho is a better manager than Klopp, if you start comparing prime Mourinho then Klopp is a nobody.

jesperjaap

You make valid points and i agree. I uphold any criticism until we have all the players available including Pogba and Lukaku. If anything this game doesnt really give new insights, i mean, the act that this team gives away chances easily isnt new is it? If there was any desire to strenghten the defense this game could put that desire into a higher gear.
Yes, dont like the system, but more importantly it shows why we do need someone with the ability to play the ball out as Smalling and JOnes obviously arent very good at it and personally I dont rate Lindelof much at all. I still think as rash and wet behind the ears as Bailly looks at times he may flourish with the right partner.

Lowkey

Periera has done himself very, very well so far. Sanchez looks fresh and up for it, his quick turns are really good to see as I didn't notice that too much last season after he was transferred. The central midfield has been stretched too far already in terms of fitness, so they're are just sucking wind.
Pereira impressed in last season's tour too. Mourinho won't give him a chance

JohnZSmith27

What does RAWK-worthy mean these days? Has it changed, because back when I had the time and energy to troll on rivals forums RAWK was noted for its suppression of dissent and criticism. Everything about Liverpool was amazing and covered in sickly over emotional assertions.
You should have a gander at their match day threads. Before they get locked that is. Meltdowns galore.

Rajma

Lose 4-1, can't complain because .. top red.
Takes sensible opposition fan to point this out, oh well this why Real are where they’re - fans don’t have blind loyalty.

It doesn’t necessarily apply to the friendly but in more wider context.

Stan Jefferson

Went downhill before then. Newbies are the easy scapegoat but some of the worst for it have been here for years.
True, it just seems like the ratio of decent posters to time wasters has changed for the worse over the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong by the way, I fully understand the reasons why the system was changed.

MrBest

Losing to Liverpool in pre-season is like watching someone shag your wife, but he wore a condom so there's always that. We've still got battered off Liverpool. I dont like to see this.
Exactly this. I wouldn't care if we lost to to Doncaster 8 0, but Liverpool even 1 0 hurts! It's always about pride and we got thumped 4 1.

jesperjaap

Agreed. Mods need to sort this before the new season or else I'm off.
Point of a forum is for peoples opinions. Of course there are going to be opinions you dont agree with and opinions that can look to you as utterly pathetic, we all find that. If everybody just spoke sense and had the same opinion would be a bit dull though wouldnt it

Summit

Current Jose Mourinho is a better manager than Klopp, if you start comparing prime Mourinho then Klopp is a nobody.
You see that is where I differ. Prime Jose and Klopp wouldn't even come close for me. This Jose is a different story, his whole demeanor and man management is fecking terrible. The old Jose would have players running through brick walls, this Jose throws players under the bus at every available opportunity.

RRCE

How can any pre-season result ever be disgraceful?
It’s not the result. It’s the effort. If you were pleased with what you saw in that second half, I’m not really sure what to tell you. We got badly outworked by Liverpool’s reserve players. I’m not suggesting that the season is over before it starts, but it would be nice to see some passion and graft.

El Jefe

Lose 4-1, can't complain because .. top red.
:lol::lol: so true.

The last couple of pages are filled with posters moaning about those who expressed their disappointment with the performance. We all know its a preseason game but it doesn't mean it has to be a shitshow either.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You see that is where I differ. Prime Jose and Klopp wouldn't even come close for me. This Jose is a different story, his whole demeanor and man management is fecking terrible. The old Jose would have players running through brick walls, this Jose throws players under the bus at every available opportunity.
I think you have already made up your mind on Jose lad. You are failing to consider how the game has changed since he steamrolled us and the PL in his first stint. Everything thats not good about United cant be all Joses fault surely.

Summit

I think you have already made up your mind on Jose lad. You are failing to consider how the game has changed since he steamrolled us and the PL in his first stint. Everything thats not good about United cant be all Joses fault surely.
Ramshock it is all there for us to see, I'm not bling and neither are you. If the game has changed so much, what do you say about Pep steamrolling everyone the season gone?

Ramshock

Tell me about it. You literally pointed out a fact to counter the complete lie spouted by them which apparently is not allowed. When they do it’s an “opinion” but when you mention a fact like who was actually missing you will get a warning.
@Damien why is this? Isnt that what debate on a forum is about?

edcunited1878

Pereira impressed in last season's tour too. Mourinho won't give him a chance
Uh Andreas left on his own loan last year so not sure what you're spouting off about Jose for. Jose had plans for him last year and has plans for him this year too. With that said, it's clear that he has improved and matured as a player. Whether Matic blocks his playing time throughout the season, we'll have to see. But most everyone agrees that Pereira has to play more and have a role carved out for this squad. He's earned it and is showing he's at minimum, much, much better than McTominay and more effective going forward than Herrera.

Bobski

You should have a gander at their match day threads. Before they get locked that is. Meltdowns galore.
Match day threads wouldn't be match day threads if posters were not overdosing on hyperbole. Have done it myself, relentlessly slagging a player(normally Fellaini) only for him to pop up with a key goal. Frankly it is part of the fun, though expecting a little more reason post game is, well, reasonable.

I am not a fan of Mourinho, don't think he is Utd, time will tell though and there is no point in hammering the same point constantly, though no doubt a detailed inspection of my posting history would make a hypocrite of me.

Ramshock

Ramshock it is all there for us to see, I'm not bling and neither are you. If the game has changed so much, what do you say about Pep steamrolling everyone the season gone?
Pep is your go to then? Probably the best coach in the world in the last decade who still always has had huge financial support or some of hte best players in the world to play for him. You telling me that Jose has had the same from United? I love how you have dropped Klopp and go for the current top manager.