Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Achilles McCool

Except that it's not and you went all high and mighty invoking Obama and your own skin color as if you're the spokesperson for all black people. How am I supposed to believe you?
Believe me?
I believe Obama was correct to use the term, so I refuse to be a hypocrite when someone else uses the exact same term in the exact same context.
if you think my point/argument was high and mighty, then that says a lot about you.
I only brought up my race because others were claiming that I had disrespected the minority population.
BTW, this is the first and only time I’ve spoken about my ethnicity on the Caf. Like you said, what does it matter?

Carolina Red

Staff
Guys, I don’t wanna sound like a broken record. But it looks like George Floyd’s mental health is being weaponized to deny his family justice.
Still reads like 3rd degree murder to me. The doctor is clearly including the effect of the officer kneeling on the man in his cause of death.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Am I reading this wrong? How have "any potential" intoxicants "likely" contributed to his death?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Guys, I don’t wanna sound like a broken record. But it looks like George Floyd’s mental health is being weaponized to deny his family justice.
Fox don’t write coronary reports but if they did...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Coronary artery and hypertensive heart disease are not mental disorders?

Achilles McCool

Coronary artery and hypertensive heart disease are not mental disorders.
But if the cop hadn’t put his knee on Floyd’s neck, we wouldn’t be talking about his health issues.
I originally thought the cop should be charged with 2nd degree since it wasn’t premeditated, but now knowing that the cop knew George from the past, this should be 1st degree if motive can be proven

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They basically haven't found any potential intoxicants but still mention them in the report? Otherwise those intoxicants wouldn't be potential.

Duafc

Village Lemon
That jumped out at me too
Post Mortem will have involved taking urine, blood and gastric samples to establish what was in his system, whether those have been actually taken and tested is unclear but it’s so vaguely thrown in there at the end.

Yet listed as likely... is that literally coming from the coroner!?

Achilles McCool

Quality Control
That was my 1 time asking you nicely. Let’s recall what happened the last time you acted like a dick on here...
As apposed to the many times you’ve been a dick on here. I don’t give a damn that you’re a moderator! You’re a thug that can’t accept counter points of view. Ban me bastard. feck this place

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dum dum dum

nother one bites the dust

entropy

:lol: You have an uncanny knack for using those two words completely inappropriately!
Just incredible. Because the issue here isn’t the disgusting cop doc siding with the officer and suggesting that Floyd died of underlying conditions and potential drugs in his system, even though we saw him getting choked to death.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Just incredible. Because the issue here isn’t the disgusting cop doc siding with the officer and suggesting that Floyd died of underlying conditions and potential drugs in his system.
What is a charging doc?

Are autopsies not done by an independent state pathologist or similar?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
As apposed to the many times you’ve been a dick on here. I don’t give a damn that you’re a moderator! You’re a thug that can’t accept counter points of view. Ban me bastard. feck this place
:lol:

Darkhorsez

Just seen a video posted on CNN from a different angle. Shows all 4 officers were holding the poor man down. Him saying he can’t breath is just so sickening. How human’s can be so cruel to each other?

entropy

I agree, it was very awkwardly worded. I’m just trying to figure out what it means.
It is a war of attrition. The doc here is just suggesting or hinting that his low income background might have attributed to his use of drugs and his poor state of mind. But he is smart enough to not state it outright.

entropy

He must be using the word 'mental' in the colloquial sense.
Hey hey hey! the real issue here is my posts suggesting that Floyd’s mental health will he used against him. It’s not the doc who is lying under oath and suggesting his underlying health conditions might have resulted in his death. It’s not like we witnessed him get choked to death alive or anything like that.

Carolina Red

Staff
It is a war of attrition. The doc here is just suggesting or hinting that his low income background might have attributed to his use of drugs and his poor state of mind. But he is smart enough to not state it outright.
You may very well be right. It was definitely a poorly worded statement.

Has the actual preliminary report been released yet? I'm assuming they don't have toxicology results for a full report yet.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hey hey hey! the real issue here is my posts suggesting that Floyd’s mental health will he used against him. It’s not the doc who is lying under oath and suggesting his underlying health conditions might have resulted in his death.
You’re so weird. Your understanding of all things medical is diabolical. But you keep shitting on about them like you know what you’re talking about. Even calling an actual medical expert a liar, based on feck all.

The pathologist literally said that act of being restrained contributed to his death. Sure he had an underlying health condition but that wouldn’t have killed him if he hadn’t been restrained. Loads of people have underlying health conditions which contribute to their death. That doesn’t mean something external - completely out of their control - can’t be the difference between living and dying.

There’s this virus going round which acts in a similar manner. You should read up about it.