Protests following the killing of George Floyd

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hey hey hey! the real issue here is my posts suggesting that Floyd’s mental health will he used against him. It’s not the doc who is lying under oath and suggesting his underlying health conditions might have resulted in his death. It’s not like we witnessed him get choked to death alive or anything like that.
lots of confusions in comment below.

Its a very strangely worded statement, and I'm not sure what it's trying to say .

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
A friend of mine posted this on social media. Pretty damn powerful and pretty damn sad at the same time.

I have privilege as a white person because I can do all of these things without thinking twice:
I can go birding (#ChristianCooper)
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery)
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean and #AtatianaJefferson)
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride)
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark)
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards)
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis)
I can sell CDs (#AltonSterling)
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown)
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice)
I can go to church or synagogue (#Charleston9)
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin)
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell)
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant)
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland)
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile)
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones)
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford)
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher)
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott)
I can be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover)
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese)
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans)
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood)
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo)
I can run (#WalterScott)
I can breathe (#EricGarner)
I can live (#FreddieGray)
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED (#GeorgeFloyd)
White privilege is real. Take a minute to consider a Black person’s experience today. #BlackLivesMatter

Carolina Red

Staff
You’re so weird. Your understanding of all things medical is diabolical. But you keep shitting on about them like you know what you’re talking about. Even calling an actual medical expert a liar, based on feck all.

The pathologist literally said that act of being restrained contributed to his death. Sure he had an underlying health condition but that wouldn’t have killed him if he hadn’t been restrained. Loads of people have underlying health conditions which contribute to their death. That doesn’t mean something external - completely out of their control - can’t be the difference between living and dying.

There’s this virus going round which acts in a similar manner. You should read up about it.
I was wondering if you'd read that statement and was wondering what your thoughts on it were.

Tel074

A friend of mine posted this on social media. Pretty damn powerful and pretty damn sad at the same time.

I have privilege as a white person because I can do all of these things without thinking twice:
I can go birding (#ChristianCooper)
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery)
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean and #AtatianaJefferson)
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride)
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark)
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards)
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis)
I can sell CDs (#AltonSterling)
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown)
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice)
I can go to church or synagogue (#Charleston9)
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin)
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell)
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant)
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland)
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile)
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones)
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford)
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher)
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott)
I can be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover)
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese)
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans)
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood)
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo)
I can run (#WalterScott)
I can breathe (#EricGarner)
I can live (#FreddieGray)
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED (#GeorgeFloyd)
White privilege is real. Take a minute to consider a Black person’s experience today. #BlackLivesMatter

That's powerful and shameful on Amercia

entropy

You’re so weird. Your understanding of all things medical is diabolical. But you keep shitting on about them like you know what you’re talking about. Even calling an actual medical expert a liar, based on feck all.

The pathologist literally said that act of being restrained contributed to his death. Sure he had an underlying health condition but that wouldn’t have killed him if he hadn’t been restrained. Loads of people have underlying health conditions which contribute to their death. That doesn’t mean something external - completely out of their control - can’t be the difference between living and dying.

There’s this virus going round which acts in a similar manner. You should read up about it.
i don’t understand why you feel the need to single me out. I really don’t. If anything, going by your posts, and against everyone who feels the statement released is full of shit, you should be glad that the doc testifying on behalf of the cops is correct. And he is right to suggest that George Floyd was in fact intoxicated.

Last edited:

Wayne's World

American is going into a civil war with the likes of what's happening all around the country and it's turned very violent in Atlanta....

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Someone just tossed a firework into the row of cops!

Smoke bomb or tear gas outside now and the protestors are clearing.

Last edited:

jungledrums

i don’t understand why you feel the need to single me out. I really don’t. If anything, going by your posts, and against everyone who feels the statement released is full of shit, you should be glad that the doc testifying on behalf of the cops is correct. And he is right to suggest that George Floyd was in fact intoxicated.
You single yourself out with your posts.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
RWNJs are surely loving the CNN building under attack. Fox News should be a target.

Got some nutter on Hannity talking "Rudy G would never have let his happen!" And here comes Rudy G talking about Dems.

edcunited1878

CNN building isn't actually under attack, it's been defaced and buildings around that area have broken windows, etc. It's a large building next to where NBA Atlanta Hawks play. It's the heart of downtown Atlanta...Atlanta is arguably the home or one of the main homes for the American civil rights movement.

edcunited1878

On Fox, they are deflecting on the why....why are protests happening? People provoking shit by throwing trash cans and jumping on officers, etc. are clueless cowards. There are proper ways to protest and riot. There are way too many people rioting for different reasons just because they see a reason to riot, even if it's not intended to support the awareness and change due to the deaths of unarmed black Americans. The answer is clear, but you won't have Congress and local House Representatives step up and do anything as a collective.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The most frustrating thing here is that no matter how many riots or protests there are, everything will slowly go back to normal and more black people will lose their lives to racist cops on a power trip.
Things need to change, but the fact of the matter is with the current state of politics there is zero chance of that happening.

sport2793

CNN building isn't actually under attack, it's been defaced and buildings around that area have broken windows, etc. It's a large building next to where NBA Atlanta Hawks play. It's the heart of downtown Atlanta...Atlanta is arguably the home or one of the main homes for the American civil rights movement.
Second this, CNN are not the targets of the Atlanta protests, its just an iconic building in the center of the city. Most of the protestor's efforts were put into provoking police it seems.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You may very well be right. It was definitely a poorly worded statement.

Has the actual preliminary report been released yet? I'm assuming they don't have toxicology results for a full report yet.
If you don't have the toxicology results how is possible to put it on a report? What if there is no intoxicans? Then what would be most likely?

Can the acusation make an report claiming that the policeman was poor trained and is a potencial racist that likely contributed to his dead with the same weight in a tribunal than a medical report?

Guessing shouldn't go to a official report

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I believe it should be fair that when a person with underlying conditions dies of covid is registered as covid death, the same would happen if someone with underlying conditions dies because a cop strangles him be registered as murdered by a cop

This guy can't get away, or USA police force will receive a clear message and the black community as well

Foxbatt

There is racism in most western countries. The sad part is that a lot of people don't think they are being racists but are without even knowing that they are.
People in the health profession. People I really never expected them to do so. He was talking about this death and he said look at what is happening in the US where police are unable to do their jobs properly. He said he hopes this doesn't happen in Canada where police are unable to do their jobs. He said there is no family life for African Americans and that's why they are violent and joining gangs etc. Then he had a go at lefties as people who are creating all the trouble.
I guess the world is getting more polarized and this is not going to end well.
When statesmenship is needed we have uncontrollable baffoons. ( If my spelling is wrong I apologise to Gianluigi)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Are you under the impression I'm denying that "thug" has racial connotations in the states? I never denied that, I think that I actually agreed to that previously.

My point is simply that in this instance Trump's use of the word was, by the literal definition, perfectly acceptable and 100% accurate unlike his previous usage of the term when describing a (afaik) zero percent black and overwhelmingly white group of lawyers as "thugs".
Trump calls rioters he likes good people and those he doesn't thugs. That he calls other groups he doesn't like thugs who aren't predomonantly black doesn't make his current usage of thugs vs good people any less racist. He is far more than a racist, he is hateful and biased on many levels.

starman

This sh!t hopefully doesn't breakout in the UK. I can see people on social media are already trying to incite the London Riots again....

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My point is that you attacking the use of the term is weak. Of all the things Trump has said, you decide to bash him for a term that is used quite frequently, and is not the dog whistle that some are claiming.
Curious as to where you are from? To say that the use of the word ‘thug’ is not racially charged is the height of ignorance.