Protests following the killing of George Floyd

AaronRedDevil

No offences. But what’s standing in front of a big ass cop car going to do? You’re just going to piss them off and make them move since they can’t go anywhere. Are they just supposed to sit there and take the abuse till they leave in a few hours. Then the car takes off and the dumbasses still don’t get out of the way. You could have killed yourself with that kind of stupidity. And the cop shouldn’t have kept going with the man on the fecking bonnet.

AaronRedDevil

fecking psychotic
They look like the most incompetent people ever to have a gun. The he’s just waving it around and can’t even hold it right or aim it down. And the wife :lol: . She’s just nearly shot her husband about 3 times. Neither of them clearly never used a gun.

Maticmaker

How do you feel about this video?
Everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame...indeed!

Actually the man almost looks saintly, saying nothing, keeping his temper, whilst a woman (off camera) screams at him like a fishwife... this sort of thing is not what's needed and will question the ability to find an impartial jury, which I am sure his lawyers will move on.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Attempted murder surely. That's horrifying.
Obstruction of a police officer carrying out their duty?
Ramming cars and bikes on public highways and sometimes at high speed is a tactic they employ - suspect they have to get on the radio and get authorization to drive through the protesters but if the lights are on and they have told them to move and no injuries were caused I suspect the people blocking the car (who probably wasn't but could have had his lights on to go and assist in an emergency) would end up in more trouble.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Obstruction of a police officer carrying out their duty?
Ramming cars and bikes on public highways and sometimes at high speed is a tactic they employ - suspect they have to get on the radio and get authorization to drive through the protesters but if the lights are on and they have told them to move and no injuries were caused I suspect the people blocking the car (who probably wasn't but could have had his lights on to go and assist in an emergency) would end up in more trouble.
Or end up dead, under the wheel of the police car that ran over them and murdered them.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sure, ok. You should watch the Big Bang Theory. You'd love it.
Nah, can’t stand that show.

If being off put by such a confrontation with the police is what sticks with you in this entire saga, you might to recalibrate your thinking.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nah, can’t stand that show.

If being off put by such a confrontation with the police is what sticks with you in this entire saga, you might to recalibrate your thinking.
If you read my post and you come to that conclusion, I think you might be the one that needs calibrating. If your protests consist of trying to goad out the very mistreatment you're protesting against, then you're doing it wrong.

Nothing like a good strawman in the afternoon though, is there?

entropy

They look like the most incompetent people ever to have a gun. The he’s just waving it around and can’t even hold it right or aim it down. And the wife :lol: . She’s just nearly shot her husband about 3 times. Neither of them clearly never used a gun.
I am just glad that no one died or got hurt. Apparently they had the safety off and it was freaking everyone around them.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If you read my post and you come to that conclusion, I think you might be the one that needs calibrating. If your protests consist of trying to goad out the very mistreatment you're protesting against, then you're doing it wrong.

Wow. That’s one way to look at it. Talk about clutching at straws.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: You're such an apologist. Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that a police officer can be 'goaded' into whooping ass by a doughnut on a string?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Quality control
Two of the people behind blm are trained marxists. They will admit to that. This is the problem for me. These groups are typically funded by the usual imbred scrum. And what happens is they get behind good messages and so some join because they believe in a message but it's a trojan horse. You can see what they do in colleges, teaching them social justice! You watch them. You know the terms they use. How they speak and think as a race as opposed a human being. They use coded language. They're very sneaky. But the BLM use genuine moments of evil.....to push through this agenda. And if you look at what goes on - and how people speak. There are some that don't acknowledge black on black crime because you know why? There will be casualties in war....This is the enemy. I've every sympathy for people going through hard times. But this movement is a sham and the message used is a slight of hand. The people controlling it, just don't care. All they want, is you too...because that pushes their agenda. This guy pulled a gun on a pregnant woman. But that's not the point. It's opportunism and that's the nature of the beast. And if people look at the keywords and the ideas being taught. You see the patterns and understand the game. But we deal with an enemy using human tragedy to creep in through the back door and I ask anyone.......do you really think this is going to solve anything? It's just a fantasy and it was not meant to change anything....

This group....during a pandemic...protested/rioted/looted as a direct consequence. Who that went to all of this, is under Quarentine? Where is any message anywhere...on the news...pleading.....demanding people STOP...because during these events people are breaking social distancing....and no one can say that they wouldn't cause a spike. This is why they want to control the narrative. Those people were potential carriers....but who ..anywhere.....asked them to stop. That's the point people miss. The whole idea of being dumbed down, is not thinking about what you are seeing. They potentially...allowed a virus to spread....putting so many lives at risk.......for what? Was there urgent messages on the news asking people....NOT to protest? Not To riot? Not to loot? There should have been.....because all that many people....all it took is one having covid right?.,...

Last edited:

ivaldo

:lol: You're such an apologist. Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that a police officer can be 'goaded' into whooping ass by a doughnut on a string?
fecking apologist. :lol: You really are a piece of work aren't you?

No I don't think it's acceptable. But if we were talking about reasonable actions, we wouldn't need to have this discussion in the first place, would we? But who cares about nuance. Anyone who doesn't agree with you wholeheartedly is a racist police-loving xenophobe. I know this is difficult to see from your trench, but it is both possible to support the BLM movement, to feel the overall criticism of policing is fully justified, and yet not support every single action related to it.

You've got to be a special kind of person to spend your time on the internet rightly (for the most part) criticising the abhorrent treatment of minorities by the police, including instances of overzealous policing of peaceful protests, then in the same space champion a few dickheads that think it's smart to goad those same people. Yeah. Stoke the flames, that's the way to put the fire out!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
"Trained Marxists", you would think that they are talking about an hidden clan of warriors. :lol:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Two of the people behind blm are trained marxists. They will admit to that. This is the problem for me. These groups are typically funded by the usual imbred scrum. And what happens is they get behind good messages and so some join because they believe in a message but it's a trojan horse. You can see what they do in colleges, teaching them social justice! You watch them. You know the terms they use. How they speak and think as a race as opposed a human being. They use coded language. They're very sneaky. But the BLM use genuine moments of evil.....to push through this agenda. And if you look at what goes on - and how people speak. There are some that don't acknowledge black on black crime because you know why? There will be casualties in war....This is the enemy. I've every sympathy for people going through hard times. But this movement is a sham and the message used is a slight of hand. The people controlling it, just don't care. All they want, is you too...because that pushes their agenda. This guy pulled a gun on a pregnant woman. But that's not the point. It's opportunism and that's the nature of the beast. And if people look at the keywords and the ideas being taught. You see the patterns and understand the game. But we deal with an enemy using human tragedy to creep in through the back door and I ask anyone.......do you really think this is going to solve anything? It's just a fantasy and it was not meant to change anything....
What are you even on about?

NinjaFletch

fecking apologist. :lol: You really are a piece of work aren't you?

No I don't think it's acceptable. But if we were talking about reasonable actions, we wouldn't need to have this discussion in the first place, would we? But who cares about nuance. Anyone who doesn't agree with you wholeheartedly is a racist police-loving xenophobe. I know this is difficult to see from your trench, but it is both possible to support the BLM movement, to feel the overall criticism of policing is fully justified, and yet not support every single action related to it.

You've got to be a special kind of person to spend your time on the internet rightly (for the most part) criticising the abhorrent treatment of minorities by the police, including instances of overzealous policing of peaceful protests, then in the same space champion a few dickheads that think it's smart to goad those same people. Yeah. Stoke the flames, that's the way to put the fire out!
Do you really see dangling a doughnut on a piece of string as 'goading the police' or 'stoking the flames'?

Seems like utterly harmless gallows humour to me. You might not find it hilarious, but I can't really see how you can genuinely believe it's intended to provoke police brutality.

ivaldo

Do you really see dangling a doughnut on a piece of string as 'goading the police' or 'stoking the flames'?

Seems like utterly harmless gallows humour to me. You might not find it hilarious, but I can't really see how you can genuinely believe it's intended to provoke police brutality.
I would've thought we had enough evidence over the last 4 months to say that it is enough to goad police in America. Most of the time, you don't even need that. How that makes me an apologist, I have no idea.

Last edited: