Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Carolina Red

Staff
It's probably true some of them are properly trained and could handle themselves in a legit incident. That said, give a 4-man SEAL team or 6-man ODA and I'd wager that entire group would be eliminated by dawn. And that's without having an assigned CCT or TACP to call in air power.
Just hit em at breakfast time.

I've seen that video a few times before and it always makes me cringe watching the "commanding officer" take forever to get out of bed.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That's a strange tone to use when nothing in my post was aggressive or disrespectful to anyone.
Sorry. Not intended. I was grouping you and I together. I often do the same.

The curse of the modern age is a story from one town going global, and people commenting from their point of existence.

The uniforms are designed for that place and make perfect sense there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is this just the right to bear arms, like every other citizen? Or do they have another sort of special status in the eyes of the law?
(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval
From memory it's based on the bolded part, some have tried or talked about contesting their legitimacy but I don't know if anyone succeeded. So not only they have the right to bear arms but there is a statute for militias organized and unorganized ones.

JPRouve

Scout
I was grouping you and I together. I often do the same.

The curse of the modern age is a story from one town going global, and people commenting from their point of existence.

The uniforms are designed for that place and make perfect sense there.
Well, don't.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I hadn't seen this stuff that Trump tweeted earlier 'til I read the Independent. WTF is wrong with the moron?:

'"Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. SecretService. They were not only totally professional, but very cool," Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday morning.

"I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the 'protesters' scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them.

"The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen."'

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I hadn't seen this stuff that Trump tweeted earlier 'til I read the Independent. WTF is wrong with the moron?:

'"Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. SecretService. They were not only totally professional, but very cool," Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday morning.

"I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the 'protesters' scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them.

"The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen."'
Is that actual quote???

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They just really fecking love guns, don’t they?
Guns make a weak-minded person feel in control and more powerful than his/her known reality. A militia/gang/club unites that person with others to form a collective sentiment that breeds confidence and aligns common goal(s) and/or brainwash, as you likely know.

I've observed two former friends fall to this sort of alignment (but not the gun culture), one up close in person and the other from afar through social media platform. One began dating a female friend of mine in 2009 and she ultimately convinced him into the world of conspiracy and tinfoil hattery. It was quite sad to see this good bloke descend into that subculture as she became a well known commodity in those circles, particularly as a regular contributor to that nutjob Alex Jones. The other I watched through FB as he became more and more immersed into the world of MCs to the point he just vanished. I don't think it was a violent/criminal type MC but nonetheless it took over his life and remolded his psyche.

Deery

Dreary

And, that is what he takes away from the situation, after a man is killed in cold blood.

“They would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons”.

Really it’s about time America sees through this clown..

SteveJ

Scout
Everyone who doesn't defer to Trump or upsets his ridiculous ego 'screams' or 'begs'; his choice of words shows how much he enjoys belittling people. Also, it might be argued that this is indicative of sadism.

SteveJ

Scout
Trump said:
'"Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. Secret Service. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the 'protesters' scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them."
In St Petersburg, 1905, Tsar Nicholas described the regiment that shot at demonstrators as 'fine fellows'.

Drifter

American
Van Jones warns charges against Minneapolis cop are a 'glide path to an exoneration'

JPRouve

Scout
They are allowed to protest peacefully. It's just that the authorities will send the VP on a trip to watch a football game just so he can undermine and counter propagandise the peaceful protest.
He called NFL players who kneeled, sons of bitches. The reality is that however they protest, peacefully or not it will be deemed wrong. The issue isn't with the way they protest but the simple fact that they protest.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Trump's tweets are getting more and more insane.

We've known he's wanted a war for his entire presidency. He banked on it being Iran and riding the wave of rampant Islamophobia in the US but he might actually get the bigger prize here of a black vs white race war. He's gagging for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Trump's tweets are getting more and more insane.

We've known he's wanted a war for his entire presidency. He banked on it being Iran and riding the wave of rampant Islamophobia in the US but he might actually get the bigger prize here of a black vs white race war. He's gagging for it.
He is goading protestors into have another go tonight. He is desperate for this whole thing to properly kick off.

But it won't be a white vs black fight, as plenty of whites are on team #BlackLivesMatter

I still don't understand how he benefits in a USA election if police or security personnel kill civilians and inspire a genuine ruckus.

arnie_ni

I got a notification a cop has been killed in riots.

This is all a disaster.

RiP to that cop and hopefully their killers are served justice just like the cop that killed floyd should be

GiddyUp

It's those liberal Democrats that keep these shit states running by insuring the bare minimum for their citizens. Republicans just simply want to kill Democrats and if it cost some of their own they are fine with it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm guessing that every single 'non white native' person in USA and UK has felt like this young lady at some point in the 21st Century.

edcunited1878

He is goading protestors into have another go tonight. He is desperate for this whole thing to properly kick off.

But it won't be a white vs black fight, as plenty of whites are on team #BlackLivesMatter

I still don't understand how he benefits in a USA election if police or security personnel kill civilians and inspire a genuine ruckus.
This isn't a going to kick off civil war as some people think because as you said, there are many people of all colors who are primarily fighting the same thing.

The election is five months out and it's what the swing states and their voters see and believe. Trump's actions, non-actions, and tweets just continue to polarize the nation instead of enlightening people of the situation and guiding with solutions even if they are hollow or difficult.

Again, he's politicizing a societal issue and systemic issue that continues to plague America. Even if it's not his singular fault, he's contributing to the problems way more than ever imaginable because he's focused on himself and what he wants and those masses who will help him get what he wants.

SteveJ

Scout
Patton: "Individually they were good soldiers, but I expressed my belief at the time, and have never found the necessity of changing it, that a colored soldier cannot think fast enough to fight in armor."