PSG | 2018-19 Club Thread | Season over

Nick.

If they overstated sponsorships does that mean they lied to pretend they earned more money from those sponserships or am I mistaken?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
PSG has officially been cleared by the UEFA CFCB Investigatory Chamber from charges of breaking FFP.

I know most caftards will probably be shocked and cry foul play but in hindsight this decision makes a lot of sense for two reasons:
  • Firstly one of the reasons of the investigation was the rumours of fishy business in the Neymar and Mbappé transfers designed to bypass FFP. This was the first thing debunked. The Neymar fee was straight up payed with PSG funds (and not by a Qatar WC ambassador contract like claimed by journos with imagination). Mbappé despite the loan structure was treated in accounting terms as a regular summer 2017 transfer, so everything's clear on this front.
  • Secondly we have the case of overstated sponsorships. The main suspect, the yearly €200m QTA contract was devaluated by the CFCB to 100m during the 2014 FFP settlement. PSG have been transparent about it and it makes no sense for the CFCB to punish PSG for using sponsorship values that they set themselves. If they think they fecked up in 2014 they can readjust and allow the club to comply with new values, and that's exactly what's happening. Besides, mostly due to the FFP sanctions the 15 16 17 accounts remain pretty balanced with the readjusted values. Early rumours from L'Equipe mention PSG only need €60m to fully balance the 2018 exercise.
Does the 60 million take into account the Neymar transfer? One tweet was saying that the investigation pre-dated the transfers of Mbappe and Neymar (though Mbappe was a loan deal and therefore the permanent fee will be paid later, and therefore investigated later).

I find it hard to believe that PSG had the funds, made from their own footballing business, readily available to purchase Neymar for 200 Mil without any additional funding from sales.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The UEFA is fine with financial statements of the years 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17.

The UEFA is likely to punish PSG in July regarding the season 1st July 2017/ 31 June 2018

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If they overstated sponsorships does that mean they lied to pretend they earned more money from those sponserships or am I mistaken?
Overstated may not be thebest choice of word. There were no lies but the contracts may be assessed to not represent a fair value for the other party and possibly be designed to raise the club turnover, then the CFCB can decrease them in their accounts to their estimation of a fair value.
Does the 60 million take into account the Neymar transfer? One tweet was saying that the investigation pre-dated the transfers of Mbappe and Neymar (though Mbappe was a loan deal and therefore the permanent fee will be paid later, and therefore investigated later).

I find it hard to believe that PSG had the funds, made from their own footballing business, readily available to purchase Neymar for 200 Mil without any additional funding from sales.
The main point is that the special investigation is closed. PSG will now have to comply with FFP like everyone else, of course that will be made tougher with the weight of the Neymar and Mbappé transfers and the devaluation of sponsorships.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Javier Pastore has agreed personal terms with AS Roma

AS Roma have reached an agreement with Javier Pastore over personal terms, ahead of a possible move from PSG, according to Gianluca di Marzio.

Marcelo Simonian has hashed out a 4-year provisional contract agreement worth €4m a year net.

PSG are expected to ask for €24m, deal almost done according to di Marzio

Yagami

Good post resistant
:lol:

It was only a matter of time before he left this window so I can't say I'm shocked! I had already accepted this fate. I would've loved to have seen him in a Tuchel team but, at this stage of his career, he might've died trying to play that way anyway!

I'm still looking forward to seeing Tuchel's PSG with all the great players you have but, with losing Pastore, no matter how well Tuchel gets you playing, you won't be as "attractive" anymore. :D

I'll have to keep an eye on Roma now. I already watched a tonne of Lazio and a bit of the Milan clubs last year so what's another Italian club added to the list!

Red Star One

Steal at that price. 24m EUR gives you what, a Championship player with one good season this days? Pretty sure he’ll do well in Rome, always thought he is very talented but PSG was never a good choice for his career.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Steal at that price. 24m EUR gives you what, a Championship player with one good season this days? Pretty sure he’ll do well in Rome, always thought he is very talented but PSG was never a good choice for his career.
The price is explained by diverse factors, including:

(1) Injury-prone player
(2) One remaining year of contract at PSG
(3) He is 29 years old

I wish him all the best, a wonderful player when fit

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Today

M'bappé 3 goals
Cavani 2 goals
Di Maria 1 goal

I blame the French defenders for their stats FFS

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting are effing kidding me? My problem with PSG's transfer policy was their obsession with signing big names(like Buffon and Alves were not neccesary signings). But, now with Choupo-Moting and Kehrer they are signing players who are not big names but, are also not very good. I do not rate Kehrer but, at least he is young and versatile this Choupo-Moting thing needs explaining.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting are effing kidding me? My problem with PSG's transfer policy was their obsession with signing big names(like Buffon and Alves were not neccesary signings). But, now with Choupo-Moting and Kehrer they are signing players who are not big names but, are also not very good. I do not rate Kehrer but, at least he is young and versatile this Choupo-Moting thing needs explaining.
Ben Arfa replacement? Will play feck all.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And they loaned out Lo Celso nothing PSG has done this transfer window has made a bit of sense.
Agreed, it's very weird and I think Tuchel is at head of all of this so if it blows up in his face, he will be the first one blamed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mbappe aside they haven't done as much strengthening given their financial power and desire to be European top dogs. FFP plays a part but for example I feel City have developed their squad much better.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Mbappe aside they haven't done as much strengthening given their financial power and desire to be European top dogs. FFP plays a part but for example I feel City have developed their squad much better.
Yeah I still think they made their best signings under Leonardo. Back then they made the signing like Zlatan and Thiago Silva to make a name for themselves but, also signed talented youngsters like Marquinhos, Verratti and Lucas Moura(who was a key player the season before Mbappe and Neymar joined). For a while now they have been so focused on signing big names then building a truly great squad. But, then again the Moting and Kehrer signings were not big names.

the_irish123

Wish this whole PSG thing didn't happen. Frankly a lot of my favorite players who would be entertaining us in EPL or La Liga are playing there and its unwatchable.

I know its selfish but I prefer rather than dilution.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I still think they made their best signings under Leonardo. Back then they made the signing like Zlatan and Thiago Silva to make a name for themselves but, also signed talented youngsters like Marquinhos, Verratti and Lucas Moura(who was a key player the season before Mbappe and Neymar joined). For a while now they have been so focused on signing big names then building a truly great squad. But, then again the Moting and Kehrer signings were not big names.
I guess the manager also makes a difference in improving the players already at the respective clubs. Of course PSG may prove too strong for City in the CL given they gave Neymar and Mbappe. However as a whole City have made more sensible moves and got more out of what they have. I'd have expected PSG to have a more dominant midfield by now.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Wish this whole PSG thing didn't happen. Frankly a lot of my favorite players who would be entertaining us in EPL or La Liga are playing there and its unwatchable.

And if Chelsea and City did not happen your best players would be in.. Serie A maybe?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Aww, poor fella is upset he's not getting all the best players in his preferred league. Please. It's refreshing to see the league of my country actually having some superstar players, instead of the bigger leagues robbing smaller clubs of their best players. Ligue 1 has been one of the biggest foreign providers of talent to La Liga and EPL, it's good that they get a few clubs who can actually attract world-class potential/players, even if they will never finish their careers there for the most part.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I actually think Choupo-Moting makes sense. They needed a forward who would be happy to play in maybe 20 out of 55-60 games a season and he is one, he will pretty much be a second unit forward to play in easier league games and domestic cups and he’s not actually that bad for that role.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I rate Tuchel highly as a coach but with transfers he has always been very weird. Him signing Mounting reminds me a lot of buying Schürrle at Dortmund, both players he had at Mainz but were clearly below the demanded standards at their new clubs.

Still excited what he can do with PSG in the CL.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The transfer window was a bit surprising but in the end we're just a bit short in midfield. We'll see if Marquinhos can stay a long term option in midfield, if not we should add one in january.

I don't agree that city did better, they're still a flat track bully enabled by pepball that keeps failing in CL at every sign of resistance.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think this has much to do with FFP. Tuchel hasn't much financial freedom this year and has to make cheap signings for depth.

They clearly aren't used to defending against decent opposition or attacking under pressure. It's been the same for a few seasons now in the CL.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
We will be very lucky this season at the European level contrary to the previous ones.

We will win the Champions League this season as explained in the previous page.:drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's happening to all their CMs this season? I know Verrati is suspended but even with him in it's still pretty weak for depth. Don't understand why they loaned out Lo Celso to Betis at all.

Diarra a bit old now but thought he would've got a start tonight. Is Tuchel serious with Marquinhos in central midfield, don't see that at all, guy is CB who can fill in o.k at RB.

Won't be winning CL with that lack of CM options that will be exposed v an elite team.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The midfield is a joke with:

- Marquinhos as a #6
- Verratti injured today as usual
- Rabiot not good enough

Since his injury, Neymar is no longer the player he used to be :( and Motta hasn't been replaced :(

What's happening to all their CMs this season? I know Verrati is suspended but even with him in it's still pretty weak for depth. Don't understand why they loaned out Lo Celso to Betis at all.

Diarra a bit old now but thought he would've got a start tonight. Is Tuchel serious with Marquinhos in central midfield, don't see that at all, guy is CB who can fill in o.k at RB.

Won't be winning CL with that lack of CM options that will be exposed v an elite team.
2 yeas ago, Emery thought Verratti could be as a #10 like Xavi...

This season, Marquinhos is deployed as a #6...

It seems new coaches likes to be innovative even if the choices are poor.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Have they got alot of injuries? Barely recognised half the players on their bench.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I just watched PSG play for 90 minutes, and I still have no idea who you have in midfield. No wonder you're seemingly interested in Pogba.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Lo Celso is a mystery as he was fine for them. The biggest mystery is the acquisition of Lass Diarra who doesn't even play :lol::lol:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Their midfield is nowhere near good enough to win the Champions League. I know Verratti didn't play today, but they literally have zero depth.