PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It could have been worse - much worse. I really don't rate PSG: they are not likely to win the CL in the foreseeable future and a decent United side could beat them. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near being a decent United side... if we can buy a world-class central midfielder, a full back, a centre back and winger in the winter window, we will get through! Yeh... I know. Meanwhile, City - having had a really easy group to get out of - have no go probably the easiest draw

Un4givableB

First Utd PSG in history. Should be be good games. :drool:
No, it won't, a team that can't defend, will try and defend against that is built to attack.

Second thoughts, it will be a good game for you.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Chuffed with Bayern. A massive game, & their form gives us a big chance. Would rather have faced Porto, but hey, I'll be looking forward to this :drool:
We're a bit like german United, with more goals. 6-8 to you over two legs.

Kemizee

we'll win this.
You know very well we won't. The games against Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Liverpool and the others tell you we won't yet somehow by optimism built on nothing but blind faith, you say we will. Our team and manager are shocking to say the least.

Wake me up when you done with the dream.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We were never gonna win this thing but some of you need to wind your neck in, record loss coming up and other bollocks.

They'll knock us out but it ain't gonna be a bloodbath like many are predicting.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
A big part of it is Bayern's form, but another part of it is that going out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for our league campaign. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's a bit of a win-win situation from where I'm sitting.
The big part isn't our form, it's having a midtable Manager who's completely out of his depth here.

PoTMS

Can't see us getting any more than a beating. 4-1 aggregate loss.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Anyone who has us as favorites hasn’t seen a single game of us this season. We’re the weakest we have been in more then ten years.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
We played an amazing 1st half against BVB, we won all our following Bundesliga games convincingly and Ajax is an underrated team. They are really good. Of course we are not as good as we used to be, but we are a bit more stable now. And as i said, there's still some time left.

Our biggest disadvantage is that Kovac is still in charge though. Kovac vs Klopp sounds like a huge mismatch. Hopefully our players can take care.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ffs, 3rd time in 4 years we've played Dortmund in Europe.

Could have been worse but also could undoubtedly have been better. Would have preferred Bayern actually to Dortmund.

Still, think it will be an incredibly exciting tie imo and I reckon will be evenly matched.

I really hope we're in the second group of fixtures. If we end up having to play on 5-6 March rather than 12-12 March, we'll have Chelsea away, Arsenal home, Dortmund away in the space of 7 or 8 days. Not idea.

Otherwise, Man City will go through, Juve-Atleti difficult to call but I imagine will be a low scoring affair. PSG to go through but won't be the slaughter so many here are predicting. Barcelona and Porto imo. I would back Liverpool currently though things can change and Ajax have the potential to spring a surprise.

Intriguing set of fixtures.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A big part of it is Bayern's form, but another part of it is that going out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for our league campaign. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's a bit of a win-win situation from where I'm sitting.
True, it sounds like a lot of people think Liverpool are just going through the motion and will get to the semis / final easily. Unless you're a Ronaldo powered Real Madrid, last season's results count for nothing. I think Liverpool will go out to Bayern and focus on the league while hoping City go far.

stu_1992

Well I can't imagine this will be pretty to watch, but can't not get excited at a Champions League draw

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Anyone who has us as favorites hasn’t seen a single game of us this season. We’re the weakest we have been in more then ten years.
I haven't seen any of you guys (but I know things aren't that well) but even then I'd still take Liverpool (the same team who have their best league start ever in their illustrious history).

PoTMS

As long as we win the first three, I don't care about what happens in the last two. We should lie down against City if it's still neck and neck between them and the scousers.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern's form has actually picked up recently. They are now starting to look more cohesive and far stronger. And Liverpool without Van Dijk first game too will give Bayern a big lift. Lewy is still scoring at a crazy rate.

Underestimate them at your peril (Kloppo won't though!). They are a hugely experienced European side, and being as the league as already a massive long shot for them, they will go all out for CL, and with a winter break behind them too, they will be ready for it.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
We played an amazing 1st half against BVB,
...and were completely overrun in the 2nd. In the end the result flattered us.

we won all our following Bundesliga games convincingly
Beating Relegation candidates is something noteworthy nowadays, I suppose. Well, it kinda is as Düsseldorf, Augsburg and the other rabble have proven.

and Ajax is an underrated team. They are really good.
That you, Niko? . It's an EL Team with a few good youngsters. But yep, that's totally enough to have 70% Possession over us. Bodes reeeeeeaaaaally well for a match up against Liverpool...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Dortmund have a decent chance of progressing. Certainly the most even of these Bundesliga-PL pairings.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke - City - Schalke are in terrbile shape, lately they aren't even that good at the back anymore. 99.9% Chance of City going through and probably with absolute ease.
Atletico - Juve - Nice fixture on paper, but I fear it might be a bit dull in reality.
United - PSG - It's hard to imagine United having a chance at the moment.
Spurs - Dortmund - Probably a relatively even matchup. I see Dortmund a bit ahead at the moment, because they have been in better shape thus far and they get to play the return fixture at home.
Lyon - Barca - Don't have much to say here.
Roma - Porto - Probably a close fixture?! Roma seem to be struggling this season, Porto hasn't convinced me in their piss poor CL group either.
Ajax - Madrid - Ajax not without chances.
Liverpool - Bayern - Despite Bayern's big name this is a good matchup for Liverpool. Bayern being Bayern Kovac will have to try to attack and Klopp loves nothing more than to play a transition/pressing game and exploit the gaps a (slightly) dysfunctional attacking team will leave.

WensleyMU

Lose 0-1 at Old Trafford and win 1-2 in Paris, 2 late goals against the run of play. Paris erupts in riots, again, Neymar cries.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if this genuinely is Man City's year. The elite clubs, i.e Bayern, Real, Barcelona are in a weird stage where they aren't as good as they were two/three years ago, but are still capable and experienced of going far in the competition and winning the thing. We won it in 2012, 8 years after Roman took over. City were taken over in 2009 and this could be their year, 10 years after the takeover. The CL is no easy feat to win, especially for English sides. You know some fortune and/or good draws.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'm fairly happy with Dortmund and give Spurs a better than evens chance to go through ... could be close though.

VJ1762

The club Mourinho used to get a contract extension will most likely put the final nail in his coffin.
I am telling you, we are living in a simulation.