Qatar WC | Fans and Atmosphere Watch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Haha Qatar have banned all alcohol sales at the last minute. Rip England fans :lol:

And FIFA's sponsor deal with Budweiser.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Haha Qatar have banned all alcohol sales at the last minute. Rip England fans :lol:

And FIFA's sponsor deal with Budweiser.
You can still buy it just not in the stadium.

It doesn't make sense as FIFA made Brazil sell it in the stadiums even though they didn't want to when they hosted it.

ChrisNelson

When were they awarded the World Cup, was it 2010 or something?

And two days before it starts, they do this! It's actually embarrassing but entirely predictable.

One of the biggest farces in sporting history.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's going to be awful... I still have no problem watching it for free though. I will also make a point of avoiding the sponsors too if possible in life.

Qatar should not have been given the tournament for about a thousand different reasons, it's as simple as that. It could have been moved in the last few years to a country that had the infrastructure to host it already with no difficulty apart from for Qatar...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

It doesn't make sense as FIFA made Brazil sell it in the stadiums even though they didn't want to when they hosted it.
Still a rather big deal. Especially after saying you will allow it for 12 years and rescint your permission less than 2 days in advance.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
the festival of diversity
I'm sure there's a Henry Ford style "you can have any colour you like as long as its black" slogan for Qatar but "you can have any sexual preference you like as long as you're straight"

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If I were Indian and well off enough, I’d be going to a WC on my doorstep (just a short 3h flight away) that’s for sure, and being from a nation with no noteworthy National team, I’d absolutely be adopting one to make it more fun.
I’d stop short of going full-kit wanker (;)) but takes all sorts and if that floats their boat then that’s fine. Seems very clear the fake fan accusations don’t hold any water.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Budweiser aren't sponsoring it to sell a few cans to the English at the grounds.

It's to beam their advertising all over the world and get great PR like this...

Okey

Alcohol isn't sold within stadiums during UEFA games as well. Or has that changed?

scottser

if i was going to qatar i'd probably not be arsed drinking, especially if your only option now is to be corralled into a surveillance pen and pay 12 snots for less than a pint of budweiser in a plastic container which will be warm in 3 minutes.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Alcohol isn't sold within stadiums during UEFA games as well. Or has that changed?
Nor in La Liga I think, at least when I've been.

Frankly beer or not in stadiums is the least of this WC problems.

The biggest one is cramming everyone in to such a small country...

Zlatattack

I think the fans are definitely fake. In this world cup you will see South Asian fans, especially as a lot of people from that part of the world work in the Gulf Arab countries and because it's "around the corner" for them, but these large groups, all coordinated, looking the same, same banners and T shirts etc - thats all staged by the Qatari's i reckon.

Eurotrash

I never have beer at stadiums anyway. It's always bland, overpriced and served in either a cheap plastic cup or a plastic bottle.

An alcohol ban is very far down on the list of problems I have with with this WC. In fact, it may even be an improvement.

mav_9me

That's the problem with this.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Whilst we're at it lads we should also consider protesting about the food.

Lee565

It is things like this that you can argue is about respecting other countries cultures but not the whole anti gay bs that qatar has.

You have to be suspicious as to what qatar is getting out of this world cup when they have spunked 220 billion on hosting excluding bribes and yet they making it very unappealing to large qmount of football fans to want to attend

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
The fact that the fat cats in the stadium lounge are still allowed to drink alcohol, just perfectly sums up FIFA: greedy, corrupt scumbags with zero respect for fans

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
2 days before the World Cup starts and they announce this now. What an absolute joke. Players should have boycotted it from the start.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't drink it but I hate beer elitism, most commercial beers taste fine. The only commercial beer I think is truly awful is Coors.
I'm a huge, self confessed craft beer wanker but I love a cold Bud on a hot day, especially if I am watching sports.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The fact that the fat cats in the stadium lounge are still allowed to drink alcohol, just perfectly sums up FIFA: greedy, corrupt scumbags with zero respect for fans
It kinda sums up theocratic regimes like Qatar too.

Engaging in supposed sinful activities has never been a problem - if you belong to a certain category of people.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Haha genuinely spot on
Will be a Netflix doc on this next year, ‘Game’s Gone: Qatar 2022’
I'm very worried about the World Cup equivalent of this guy. He's going to get his head chopped off for offering a BJ to save the World Cup.

Mike Smalling

I wonder what the Qatari officials are actually thinking about this whole situation. The World Cup hasn't started yet of course, but my own opinion of the country has changed from "meh" to "what an awful nation". Shining a spotlight on themselves seems like a net negative so far. The key people may be insulated from the criticism though.