5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

When RVP wasn't firing, Falcao wasn't fit then got injured. Now he's fitter, RVP has found his form. I'm sure LVG wanted to play all three but the defensively, we need bodies in front of them to win games. Once we find defenders who can be trusted, then we'll be able explore different formations.
If we qualify for CL, he'll may still be here at a reduced price. I think the deals already done and that's why there's no urgency to start him.

ricky-romeo

----------------carrick------------------
------herrera------------fellaini-------
-----------------rooney---------------
---------rvp--------------falcao-------

would not mind to see this, if di maria did not make it of course.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
----------------carrick------------------
------herrera------------fellaini-------
-----------------rooney---------------
---------rvp--------------falcao-------

would not mind to see this, if di maria did not make it of course.
Wouldn't mind seeing that against Liverpool porous defence. But I think we'll be back with 3 CBs, so...

Will Singh

I hope so, mate. But our 2 wins against 'top teams' with 3 CBs might change that pattern.
His most recently used the 3 CB system away from home but with not having natural full backs he might switch to the 3-5-2. If he plays the 4-4-2 diamond , Carrick slips between the 2 CB's at the back and all of a sudden it's 3-5-2 which is tge beuaty of the philosophy it can be 1 formation attacking and another when defending.

What matters here is we pass the ball well and create chances, if we can do that then formation doesn't really matter!!!

......Carrick
Herrera Fellaini
......Rooney
....Rvp Falcao

If Di Maria ain't playing I'd like to see us setup like this!

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Strange signing to say the least.

Although in fifa 15 I start him over RVP. He is quicker and just a as good a finisher.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Strange signing to say the least.

Although in fifa 15 I start him over RVP. He is quicker and just a as good a finisher.
I had him on the bench against Liverpool, he came on in the 60th min for RVP and scored 5 mins later.
IT'S A SIGN I TELL YOU!!!!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I had him on the bench against Liverpool, he came on in the 60th min for RVP and scored 5 mins later.
IT'S A SIGN I TELL YOU!!!!

Except Van gaal benching RVP wouldn't happen EVER in real life. So your Fifa signs are wrong I'm afraid. :)

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I hope Falcao is fit to start soon; his cameos are always promising despite not scoring. I would start him in a front 2 of a diamond midfield, over Wilson who is good but not yet ready.

Raptori

Special needs
I hope Falcao is fit to start soon; his cameos are always promising despite not scoring. I would start him in a front 2 of a diamond midfield, over Wilson who is good but not yet ready.
Definitely. He's starting to look ready for sure.

Dunk

Body language expert
He has to start the next game. He is brilliant. Always looking to run off the last man and good with the ball at his feet.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He did okay when he came on. Again a shame its when the game is pretty much over. I like his movement.

prateik

Next game. Start him instead of Wilson. Wilson needs minutes too.. but Rooney and van persie are undroppable (and playing well at the moment).
He needs more than 10 minutes when we are either defending a small lead or relaxing after having the game won.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His movement and physicality is very impressive. Just need to see him start.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Today wasn't the right day for him to start probably, but I hope he starts next week. Looks rusty, but minutes of meaningful football is the only thing that will help him. When he comes on, we are either right under the kosh, or the game is already buried. I think a start would do him a world of good, even if he comes off at half time.

Dylan94

He's shown flashes every time he's been on the pitch for us so far. He needs to keep being eased in slowly slowly and he will get there.

MarcRed96

Thought he looked miles off the pace in all honesty.
Same here. Its understandable though, given he hasn't had much game time since we signed him.

Hopefully he'll keep himself fit and get a few more starts under his belt over Christmas.

Sam

Falcao had about 15 minutes and did ok.
Wilson had 70 and did feck all.
Both did feck all.

Also Wilson was playing up top in a tight game, with very little of the ball. Falcao came on at 3-0 up, with us in complete control and looking to push for a 4th. He looked miles off the pace.

Godfather

Both did feck all.

Also Wilson was playing up top in a tight game, with very little of the ball. Falcao came on at 3-0 up, with us in complete control and looking to push for a 4th. He looked miles off the pace.
He did not. Any further discussion with you seems a bit senseless.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't understand peoples need to compare. Both are United players and clearly one is VASTLY more experienced. I'm not sure what the point of pace is unless we were planning to play on the counter at home. Maybe LVG accepts the fact we're passing like a team of wankers. Liverpools line wasn't that high up and we struggled to pass from defense to midfield. Falcao looked great when he came on but the game was won. We created more chances in the last third because we had a platform to pick them off. Ideally we want Falcao to start playing so as to show his ability. It's ingenious though to use one game to prove a point because every game is unique and once we started passing properly we created chances. Funny that.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He linked up very well considering his lack of game time, and he could have easily been played in by Valencia who hose to hold on to the ball.

It's a shame we can't get him a full game for the U21's or a mid week friendly. We keep bringing him on at the dead end of games and he get's little time to make an impact. He may technically be fit but his match sharpness demands some proper runouts. It's frustrating for everyone but I hope the second half of the season is where he comes to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.