5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Well thats bit obvious there my friend considering it is a team game (apologizes if i sound vague), and they do have the creative players behind them? Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney even Carrick if you count his long range passes. So im not really understanding your response to my post and how relevant to it? i didnt mention anything that Falcao has to create his own opportunity to score goals? If by meaning he'll repay the fans by scoring more goals, it solely means when the opportunity opens up for him to score a goal, he will do his up most best in his ability to put that ball in the net from who ever provided it for him.
I actually agree with your post and was planing to write that, but early morning no coffee mode was still active and I screwed it up a little. sorry mate.

Player Red

Good goal, will take him and RVP a bit of time to link up, thought I saw them making a few similar runs at times in the games. Thought Rooney had a chance to play him in a couple of times too and didnt.
Yeah we need to be more direct with our passes. Di Maria will offer us that now that he is back. At times players don't seem willing to make that killer pass that will take us 30 yards up the pitch.

LonelyFire

His movement in the box is very good. Problem on Saturday was he went looking for the ball a little too much but you cant blame him for wanting to get involved. The guy genuinely looks like he wants to make it here.

With Di Maria and Herrera in the side im sure you will see Falcao's performances improve.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I've just noticed that of his 4 starts so far this season (or to put it another way, the 4 times he's played for more than a 25min cameo appearance) he has 2 assists and 2 goals to his name (vs Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Villa).

Considering his lack of match fitness, that's a decent return imo. His stats certainly look worse because of those cameo appearances, where he's brought on in a game where we're sitting back on a lead, or are trying to break down a parked bus.

Trizy

He's runs are as good if not better than RVP's, and that's one of the strongest aspects of RVPs game. Incredible that we have these two talented strikers and can't use them, we cannot create.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've just noticed that of his 4 starts so far this season (or to put it another way, the 4 times he's played for more than a 25min cameo appearance) he has 2 assists and 2 goals to his name (vs Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Villa).

Considering his lack of match fitness, that's a decent return imo. His stats certainly look worse because of those cameo appearances, where he's brought on in a game where we're sitting back on a lead, or are trying to break down a parked bus.
Definitely. His return is good considering the amount of football he has actually played in.

His total accumulated minutes for United this season (including all the 10-20 minute sub appearances) equals 385 minutes, which just about equates to four lots of 90 minutes. 2 goals and 2 assists in 4x90 minutes is nothing to be scoffed at. It's a goal or assist per game.

Hopefully he can get a run in the side and notch a few more. He looked to be close to 100% on Saturday. He was running hard and using his body against defenders. Certainly didn't look too cautious. If he could get 15 goals, that'd be pretty decent. I think he's got it in him to get more than that, if he can be a regular starter.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
His movement off the ball is some of the best I've seen. Sublime. Hopefully the Villa game was a precursor of whats the to come for him. He should be starting every game now that he's 100% fit.

Obnoxious formation incoming;

Sir A1ex

I noticed this while looking at my Fantasy League team. He has the 7th best points-per-start in the Premier League, whihc isnt too shoddy.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I noticed this while looking at my Fantasy League team. He has the 7th best points-per-start in the Premier League, whihc isnt too shoddy.
If I'm honest that's where I noticed it too! I was looking at selling off Rooney if he's going to be playing deeper and Falcao is conveniently about the same price... Must be fate.

Sam

I guess it's hard to tell from YouTube videos of his best moments. To truly be able to compare his balance and mobility, you'd probably have to watch a few of his full matches before the ACL injury.
Yeah, its obviously not the best way to judge, but there are a few videos on there of his match performances from his days in La Liga, that show all his touches and whatnot, not just his goals.

And I can definitely see a noticeable difference in his movement and running style.

JUPITER

Shouldn't be on the pitch at the same time as RvP. It completely unbalances the team, especially with a third striker in CM.

One of Falcao or RvP should be leading the line with Rooney or Mata behind.

How this isn't being brought up by pundits or more fans even is beyond me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really do think we should use him more around the box to feet. He is as strong as an ox and his low centre of gravity is tevez style. I notice we rarely used him when he dropped deep, which I think is what our team doesnt do enough on the edge of the box.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Shouldn't be on the pitch at the same time as RvP. It completely unbalances the team, especially with a third striker in CM.

One of Falcao or RvP should be leading the line with Rooney or Mata behind.

How this isn't being brought up by pundits or more fans even is beyond me.
Possibly because its only happened twice maybe?

JUPITER

Possibly because its only happened twice maybe?
Falcao and RvP have only been on the pitch together twice this season? Pay closer attention.

And this issue of playing two number 9s and a third striker in midfield that you're being so blasé and dismissive over right now is something you'll soon be whinging about.

Van Gaal clearly doesn't see it as RvP OR Falcao, he sees it as RvP and Falcao up front with Rooney in CM and ADM on the wing. If you can't see that yet, fair enough, but by the end of January I guarantee you more and more people will be seeing the detrimental effect that I'm talking about.

Cassidy

Falcao and RvP have only been on the pitch together twice this season? Pay closer attention.

And this issue of playing two number 9s and a third striker in midfield that you're being so blasé and dismissive over right now is something you'll soon be whinging about.

Van Gaal clearly doesn't see it as RvP OR Falcao, he sees it as RvP and Falcao up front with Rooney in CM and ADM on the wing. If you can't see that yet, fair enough, but by the end of January I guarantee you more and more people will be seeing the detrimental effect that I'm talking about.
They have only started two games together upfront.
When Falcao has come on when we're either chasing a game or for him to get minutes/match fitness when the game is over shouldn't really be used as a barometer.

I'm not 100% sure the partnership would work myself but I wouldn't write it off after 2 games.

EDIT: Also considering the first game they started together they actually played relatively ok together and Falcao has provided RVP with 2 assists.

JUPITER

They have only started two games together upfront.
When Falcao has come on when we're either chasing a game or for him to get minutes/match fitness when the game is over shouldn't really be used as a barometer.

I'm not 100% sure the partnership would work myself but I wouldn't write it off after 2 games.

EDIT: Also considering the first game they started together they actually played relatively ok together and Falcao has provided RVP with 2 assists.
They've played enough together for me to see that they're at least very unlikely of forming a partnership that's fluid, functional and conducive to us playing better as a team. They're both number 9s for goodness' sake! They're both slow!

It's weird to see Van Gaal of all people trying to shoehorn them both into the starting 11 when it goes against pretty much everything he's done in his career previous.

Playing with two goalkeepers would ensure that you let fewer goals in - but you'll be playing with 10 men everywhere else.

POF

They've played enough together for me to see that they're at least very unlikely of forming a partnership that's fluid, functional and conducive to us playing better as a team. They're both number 9s for goodness' sake! They're both slow!

It's weird to see Van Gaal of all people trying to shoehorn them both into the starting 11 when it goes against pretty much everything he's done in his career previous.

Playing with two goalkeepers would ensure that you let fewer goals in - but you'll be playing with 10 men everywhere else.
Or 9 even!

I've been impressed with some of their link up play. Some of the play in the QPR game and RVP's goal vs Leicester were very promising signs. They're no Cole and Yorke but look more likely to work than Rooney/RVP which should but just never has.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

As you say, they're both 9s. I really can't see any sort of partnership forming. The fact is that they've both spent their whole lives looking up to see where the goal is. They've got a selfish streak that has got them to where they are today so anyone that thinks they're suddenly going to be threading the ball through the box or running wide to create space for the other is very naive. They want the ball and they want to use the space themselves because they're born goal scorers.

Mali_Zeus

The fact they're both nr. 9s doesn't mean they cant form a partnership up front. And if they will form it or wont cant be judged on just 2 games...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
--------Carrick--Blind----------
---Herrera-------Di Maria-----
------------Rooney-------------
------------Falcao--------------

Wonder if this could work? Too congested in the middle?

Adam-Utd

--------Carrick--Blind----------
---Herrera-------Di Maria-----
------------Rooney-------------
------------Falcao--------------

Wonder if this could work? Too congested in the middle?
I would preferably use a proper winger on the right, either Valencia/Young/Januzaj, and then move Herrera next to Carrick. Both Blind+Carrick together would be too static and would want to do similar jobs IMO.

Apart from that though I think Rooney and Falcao could make a brilliant partnership.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I would preferably use a proper winger on the right, either Valencia/Young/Januzaj, and then move Herrera next to Carrick. Both Blind+Carrick together would be too static and would want to do similar jobs IMO.

Apart from that though I think Rooney and Falcao could make a brilliant partnership.
Think Januzaj could work. Just a bit wary of it becoming a flat 4411 if Valencia goes out there. I think Herrera would thrive being able to exploit the space made by Di Maria.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah, its obviously not the best way to judge, but there are a few videos on there of his match performances from his days in La Liga, that show all his touches and whatnot, not just his goals.

And I can definitely see a noticeable difference in his movement and running style.
Having watched Falcao in the Calderon a good few times I can confirm his running style is slightly different. But it is not surprising based on the injuries he has had.

Running style aside though, I think it's going to take him a few more months to get back to his true best form, and this is starting games to. The wishy washy substitute appearances won't work with him, He isn't an impact sub type guy. He needs to be starting games, like any true number 9 really.

For what it's worth I thought he played quite well on Saturday, which I wasn't expecting as he looked pretty poor in his previous sub appearances recently. Let's hope he starts now on Boxing Day and gets a good run in the team going forward. Some of the general 'hating' on him in this thread is astounding really, can't help but feel these people want players to fail here so they can brag to their Twitter buddies that they predicted it.

Adam-Utd

I really hope he starts against Newcastle. He is going to be fresh and roaring to kick on after his injury. I can see newcastle's defense getting bamboozled by his movement, I just hope we can provide the service.

Cassidy

As you say, they're both 9s. I really can't see any sort of partnership forming. The fact is that they've both spent their whole lives looking up to see where the goal is. They've got a selfish streak that has got them to where they are today so anyone that thinks they're suddenly going to be threading the ball through the box or running wide to create space for the other is very naive. They want the ball and they want to use the space themselves because they're born goal scorers.
Except this is exactly what we have seen happen quite a few times when they have been on the pitch together...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They've got a selfish streak that has got them to where they are today so anyone that thinks they're suddenly going to be threading the ball through the box or running wide to create space for the other is very naive.
Do you not think a coach as experienced as Van Gaal realises they are similar players, and is coaching them to play together as a partnership, and not as two individuals? I'm sure he's not telling both of them to go out there, play their natural game and chase the same balls, make the same runs and get in each others way, and then scratching his head on the sidelines, bemused as to why it's happening.

AttackingFlair

Yeah i'd like to see them play as a partnership at some point, think Falcao would be a great partner for Rooney and would give him more space in the number 10 role, like Hernandez did in the 10/11 season.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I think he will start against Newcastle and Stoke with Wilson starting against Tottenham.

Litch

Quality player but we won't see the best of him until he has a run of games. It's unfortunate as already said, we can't seem to be able to get the right players on the pitch at the right time.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Van Gaal has recognised that he needs better supply if he is going to score lots of goals which is encouraging. Hopefully he will put them out with instructions to feed more balls though and look for the earlier pass. Too often the strikers have made the run only for our midfielders to hesitate and end up recycling the ball.

Time to start looking to get them in early.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
In terms of minutes on the clock and particularly starts it's early but I do have this nagging feeling that Falcao's never going to be at his best again.

I sincerely hope he'll prove me wrong because I'd love to see a fit and firing Falcao lead the line for us.

Annahnomoss

Oh, he's lively today isn't he? Joy to watch. Like T*vez (spit) in his first season. All over the pitch.
RVP looks a different man with Falcao up front compared to with Rooney. Their diverting runs has been amazing and Rooney has really thrived at bombing forward in to that open space.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Lolololololololo
Radamel Falcao
Lololololololo
Lololololololo
Radamel Falcaoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.