5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I think this is two different scenarios. Messi and Neymar are both comfortable playing in wide positions if need be. I see van Persie and Falcao as proper number 9's.
Agree about Neymar but I think Messi is far less effective wide. It might be Suarez wide instead. Anyway, that is not the point. Barcelona was not doing bad on attacking front before Suarez. One can say even before Neymar. What they did though is, "buying a world class player when he was available" and as you are seeing with injuries etc, if club can afford to have 3 big forwards on payroll, then it is great insurance when 1 or 2 are injured.

That way this scenario is similar. United will not try to fit all 3 in same team and play them out of position. Maybe 2 will play together. This will also give RvP chance to have his surgery. If we return to Europe next year, then this will not be a problem.

Instead of phasing out, I would say it is additional insurance upfront to cover injuries. A very expensive one though. Had Chicharito and Welbeck been banging goals left-right and center, we would not have gone for him I think even if he was available.

NK86

Because he doesn't have Valencia or Ronaldo quickness. But weirdly enough no one says that Messi, Ibrahimovic or Suarez are slow.
Valencia is a sprinter now. He cannot run with the ball at all.

Firstouch20

You obviously haven't watched much of Falcao, you are describing quite a big part of his game.
I have. He contributes very little outside of the box. In before you post youtube clips of him doing something useful outside of the box to justify your point.

Hellboy

People need a reality check comparing Falcao to Huntelaar. FFS.

Don't forget that Falcao played in front a 2000 crowd on average last year in Monaco which affected his performances and that he will be very motivated to play in the PL to get a permanent move. I think he will take the league by a storm.

Mister_Stubbs

I have. He contributes very little outside of the box. In before you post youtube clips of him doing something useful outside of the box to justify your point.
I'd much rather have a striker like Falcao who does all his best work inside the box rather than a striker who does a lot of running around outside the box and as the finishing ability of a bulimic.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Valencia is a sprinter now. He cannot run with the ball at all.
I know but people only consider a player quick when he can compete with Valencia, Walcott... that's ridiculous. A player like Falcao is far from slow, and his mouvement, his reactivity and his technique are almost perfect.

Deleted member 78215

This thread isn't getting anywhere near enough attention.

Falcao. All the bloody maudlin Welbeck fans ruining the buzz.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
None of what I highlighted had anything to do with outside the box to be honest.
Fact is he has the ability to beat players with skill and pace by himself and make his own goals, there is no denying that if you have watched him play enough
Pace, Power, Skill and good finishing with both feet and in the air.

predator

Youth NITK
I always think he is taller than he is. For his height he is so good in the air. Can't wait to see him scoring for fun at United.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
You obviously haven't watched much of Falcao, you are describing quite a big part of his game.
There was some guy who put Rooney up top and Falaco on the right in a 4-2-3-1. That's how ignorant some are. Either that firsttouch guy is trolling or he hasnt watched Falcao at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I'd just awoken from a 10 year coma, I could swear we just signed Juan Pablo Angel.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Firstouch must be on a WUM here.

Fantastic player we've signed, one of the very best #9s around. Waiting to see how he comes back from injury, but I think he's going to take the Prem by storm.

Firstouch20

None of what I highlighted had anything to do with outside the box to be honest.
Fact is he has the ability to beat players with skill and pace by himself and make his own goals, there is no denying that if you have watched him play enough
Pace, Power, Skill and good finishing with both feet and in the air.
From what i've seen of him he certainly doesn't appear to be fast. Strong yes but not fast. Mabe someone who regularly watches Monaco/AM can confirm this because i'm hearing quite a few posters on here describing him as a fast striker who beats players regularly. Mabe i've missed something.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
His goalscoring record really is fantastic.

I said after the Burnley match that I was looking forward for the International Break just so we can compose ourselves - but now I just want it to end as soon as possible :drool: Falcao unleashed against QPR.

Firstouch20

Firstouch must be on a WUM here.

Fantastic player we've signed, one of the very best #9s around. Waiting to see how he comes back from injury, but I think he's going to take the Prem by storm.
I don't deny he is a fantastic player but so is Mata yet many on here are starting doubt whether his signing made sense. Please understand my point before you put words in my mouth.

izec

I think this is two different scenarios. Messi and Neymar are both comfortable playing in wide positions if need be. I see van Persie and Falcao as proper number 9's.
no, Messi wants the no 9 spot. If he wants it, he gets it. Suarez is a no 9 too, even though he can play on the wing. Neymar is more a winger i agree, but the other two have their best position in the same position.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don't deny he is a fantastic player but so is Mata yet many on here are starting doubt whether his signing made sense. Please understand my point before you put words in my mouth.
You said he has no pace. He does, he is actually quite fast. Not comparable to Mata in the slightest.

You said you'd watched a lot of Falcao, and then asked for more information from those who have watched him for AM or Monaco. Have you or have you not watched a lot of Falcao?

His strength isn't his pace, it's his finishing with two feet and head which is one of the very best around. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't have pace. He does, not to the levels of Ronaldo or Bale (or Di Maria), but he's really, really not slow. He'll seem very fast against more Prem defences, as well.

revel911

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I really hope that I'm being worried for nothing, but all these Youtube compilations... they're all from his Atletico days.

However, all these Youtube compilations.. my word, what a bloody player!! :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
From what i've seen of him he certainly doesn't appear to be fast. Strong yes but not fast. Mabe someone who regularly watches Monaco/AM can confirm this because i'm hearing quite a few posters on here describing him as a fast striker who beats players regularly. Mabe i've missed something.
I've "followed" him since River Plate and he is faster than Rooney and his more explosive. But the principal difference with most players is that his first touch is excellent and he can actually run with the ball.
He is small but jump very high, has a great timing.
He is excellent technically and has some skills, but he rarely uses them since he can score from every positions.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I wouldn't really say he's fast. But he isn't slow. Sort of like Tevez.
Players don't have to be one or the other.

But his movement is insane anyway and he's ridiculously athletic with a superb touch. I have no doubts at all that this guy will score lots of goals here. He's not just a poacher either.
He's like a (better?) prime Tevez.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

It`s quite a while since I have seen him play but I always thought of him as the complete number 9. Pace, technical skills, deadly.
Only very few like Lewandowski or Suarez (and maybe RvP in his prime) come close.

However let`s see if he is still on that level.

Cassidy

He is not Ronaldo/Bale fast, but he is not slow, the lad can shift. He is quicker than Rooney for instance IMO, pace wise you can't compare him to Mata who runs in treacle.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
A lot of you are comparing the Falcao from Porto/Athletico with the Falcao at Monaco.

Cassidy

I really hope that I'm being worried for nothing, but all these Youtube compilations... they're all from his Atletico days.

However, all these Youtube compilations.. my word, what a bloody player!! :drool:
He was injured a lot last season at Monaco.
However he already has 2 goals in 3 games for them this season, I think he'll be fine.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto

Nothing really worked very well at Monaco, I think it's a year to scrape off to most who've been there.

He did develop a greater ability in his Atletico years. You see a lot more goals that he created for himself, and a lot more finishing from outside the box. At Porto he was more of an inside-the-box finisher, and bar Jardel the best header of the ball I've seen around here. Watch how he places them near the post every time, unsaveable:

Sublime movement all around, he anticipates plays like no one, the perfect player to complete a well functioning team:

Last edited:

BW.k

Reading some of these comments on here I'm getting an impression that he's the next Andy Carroll.

RuudTom83

Footballers love to repeat the cliche lines.

It's funny how Di Maria, Falcao and Hernandez all joined "The Biggest Club in the World" this summer. :rolleyes:

Hellboy

I usually think Phil Neville has some brains about hime, but you think he would actually read the papers and make some commone sense decisions about some lineups.

This is the line-up he proposes:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/77317000/jpg/_77317079_formation.jpg

Which clearly does not work. He misses teh clear fact that RvP is injured and that was teh biggest factor for us signing Falcao.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29018901

No wonder why he was sacked.

MDFC Manager

Here's a comp from Monaco last season

HabeasC

We are all in agreement that this is our best formation, right?

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
Nothing really worked very well at Monaco, I think it's a year to scrape off to most who've been there.

He did develop a greater ability in his Atletico years. You see a lot more goals that he created for himself, and a lot more finishing from outside the box. At Porto he was more of an inside-the-box finisher, and bar Jardel the best header of the ball I've seen around here:

Sublime movement all around:
Here's a comp from Monaco last season
Thanks guys! I hate this international break, I'm ready for some goals!

justboy68

You know we've signed a top player when people are worried he's lost it after scoring 14 in 24 in a season plagued by injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.